[One-shot] Kyuhyun is not traveling alone

[One-shot] Kyuhyun is not traveling alone

“Baby!” Siwon exclaimed in surprise to open his front door and find his lover sitting on his living room couch reading. The lights are turned low, and an opened bottle of wine accompanied two wineglasses on his glass top coffee table.

Hyung!” Kyuhyun dropped the book he had been concentrating on and stood up to greet his boyfriend as the man approached eagerly. He braced himself as Siwon reached his side and in one easy swoop caught him in his steely arms.

“What a surprise!” Siwon mutters into the younger’s ear as he presses the soft body into him.

Kyuhyun raised his arms and circle them around Siwon’s narrow waist, visibly relaxing against the other’s strong chest.

“My schedule ended early so I thought I’ll visit you.” Kyuhyun chuckles, he had not expected Siwon to go out to dinner with a friend instead.

“Were you waiting long?” Siwon frowned worriedly. “I didn’t know. Or I wouldn’t have ~”

Kyuhyun’s soft laugh stopped the older man’s blabbering. “It’s ok, hyung, I spent the time reading.”

Only slightly pacified, Siwon allows himself to be pull to the couch and seated. His little lover sat down next to him and snuggled close for a hug.

“What were you reading, baby?” Siwon asks curiously. His fingers are busy caressing the soft shoulder.

“Travel guide on Greece.” Kyuhyun replied excitedly. Siwon’s frown deepened.

“You are ~”

“Yes! I am planning a trip to Greece during our one week break!” Kyuhyun sat up to beam at his boyfriend who is currently looking anything but pleased. “What’s wrong?” Kyuhyun frowned too when he noticed how quiet Siwon had gotten.

“I thought….you are going to New York with me.” Siwon mutters with his head lowered so he could avoid showing Kyuhyun his disappointment.

Kyuhyun jolted mentally. He had already assumed that he will not be tagging along on Siwon’s business trip. It’s too high exposure and they cannot afford to be seen together in public like that. And that is exactly how he explained to Siwon now.

Still, Siwon could not get rid of the haunted look in his eyes. “It’s such a great opportunity ~” He insists, risking his lover’s wrath.

“You know I would go if I could. But I can’t even show myself in the same country you will be in, it will create some really nasty rumors.” Kyuhyun is indeed getting a tad upset.

7 years together, you would think Siwon has already gotten used to the ‘routine’.

“Don’t give me that ‘kicked puppy’ look, hyung.” Kyuhyun warned as Siwon’s lower lip starts to stick out accentuating his unhappy look.

And so the staring contest starts. Siwon’s sad puppy eyes versus Kyuhyun’s death glare. It persisted for the next 2 minutes till a loud sigh escaped Siwon’s lips as a sign of relent.

“You’re right.” He conceded. “But that doesn’t mean I like it.”

“You knew what you were getting into when you did that really loud love confession.” Kyuhyun mutters grumpily. This same unhappy topic comes up repeatedly during the most inconvenient times. In the beginning of their relationship, it was the cause of many a devastating quarrel between the couple.

“Loving you shouldn’t have to be so difficult.” Kyuhyun remarked helplessly the first time Lee Teuk talked to them about practicing absolute discretion in public. It still sends a pang of pain right through Siwon’s heart whenever he recalls the tears Kyuhyun had shed while they fought to stay together.

With an air of surrender, Siwon directs a smile at the smaller man who is still silent and sullen. Pulling him back into his embrace and meeting no resistance, Siwon pecks one of the bubble cheeks. Instantly the pale skin flushed prettily.

“I’m sorry for being such an idiot, babe.” Siwon murmurs breathily into the beautiful ear right next to his lips.

Kyuhyun harrumphed again in mock irritability before his face broke into a grin. A sigh of relief escaped Siwon and he smiled too, closing in to rub their noses together as a sign of lovers’ reconciliation.

“So, who are you planning to take along for this trip to Greece?” Siwon asks after Kyuhyun has settled back in his arms, nestled against his chest and sharing each other’s warmth.

“No one.” Kyuhyun replied feigning casualness as he flips through the travel guide. He could feel Siwon’s body tensed instantaneously and himself pushed into a sitting position as Siwon sat up from his relaxed pose.

“What? No! I forbid it, I absolutely forbid it!” Siwon opposed strongly. He ignores the scowl forming on his lover’s face, there are a few things in life he puts his foot down on firmly and this is one of them.

“What do you mean you forbid it?” Kyuhyun demands angrily. “I am a grown adult, I can travel alone.”

“Not after what happened in Spain last year.” Siwon retorts equally upset.

“Aish, that’s just an incident.” Kyuhyun gave a dismissive wave.

“No, it’s not. You could’ve gotten hurt, Kyuhyun.” Siwon replied resolutely.

Kyuhyun can’t help a shiver running down his spine as he stares at the dark aura his boyfriend is emitting. Siwon is not quick to get angry but when he does he flares up to a level that can get pretty scary, even for a snarky brat like Kyuhyun.

“No.” Siwon repeats decisively, his voice brash and non-negotiable. Kyuhyun swallowed unconsciously.

“You don’t own me!”

Both Siwon and Kyuhyun were shocked to hear the words coming out of Kyuhyun’s mouth. Siwon’s eyes narrowed in anger while Kyuhyun’s widened in shock. That wasn’t what he meant to say but this won’t be the first time his stubborn streak speaks for him and gets him into trouble.

“I hate you! Why do you have to ruin my holiday like that!” Kyuhyun’s mouth continued to sprout words against his will while Siwon’s face is flushed purple and his body is shaking from restraint to hurt his little smartarse lover.

Suddenly frightened, Kyuhyun jumped onto his feet and fled out of the house.

@

For the next 3 days, everyone, from the members to the staff to the managers became aware of their lover’s spat. It really isn’t too hard to figure out since neither men made any effort to cover it up.

The managers were the first ones to plead with Siwon. The youngest is making life miserable for their care-givers simply by being silently gloomy. Next came the staff members who are helplessly plagued by the sudden diva who is never satisfied with any of their efforts to dress him. And finally, the members who had enough of their sulking maknae.

“Whatever you did, fix it.” Lee Teuk said shortly the moment Siwon answered the ringing phone.

“Oh come on, fix it, please!” Sungmin pleads. “He is gaming through the night! I can’t sleep with all that clicking racket going on.”

“This is the third time he ignored me today. Don’t you know how rude he gets when he is pissed off?” Hyukjae complains.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO KYU, CHOI SIWON!!!” Donghae yelled hysterically into the phone nearly bursting Siwon’s eardrum. “HE BLEACHED MY FISHY DOLL WHEN HE DID THE LAUNDRY TODAY! MY BLUE FISH!! IT”S ALL WHITE NOW! HE DID IT ON PURPOSE! IT’s ALL YOUR FAULT!”

Heechul need not say anything, his angry glare told Siwon that someone is going to get hurt real bad soon, and he is pretty sure it will be himself.

@

“Hey Kyu?” Ryeowook greets the man hiding in his room fighting pixel monsters again.

“What is it? I’m busy.” Kyuhyun replied crossly, his anxious eyes glued on the screen.

“Well, erm, I was thinking.” Ryeowook starts awkwardly after taking a seat on Kyuhyun’s bed. “I was thinking ~”

“Think faster, hyung.” Kyuhyun retorts absently.

“Erm, you know the one week of vacation time we will be given? You were planning to go somewhere, weren’t you?”

“Greece.”

“I see….do you think…..can I…you know…..join you?”

The furiously clicking fingers stopped abruptly and he stared fixedly at the still moving screen.

“Erm, it’s ok if you rather…” Ryeowook sounded embarrassed now. “I’ll just ~”

“No hyung!” Kyuhyun said hurriedly and turned around in his seat to look at the fidgeting man. “I’ll like your company very much.”

Ryeowook’s smile of relief triggered an awkward smile on the maknae’s face. “Thanks for taking me along, Kyu.”

@

“Hey maknae!” Hyukjae greeted cheerfully and slaps Kyuhyun’s shoulder playfully before taking a seat next to the coughing man. “You ok?”

Kyuhyun glared as he tries to cough up the pieces of food lodged in his windpipe after swallowing the wrong way from the shock his anchovy hyung gave him.

“So.” Hyukjae clearly did not wilt under Kyuhyun’s dark stare, which is a big surprise. “I heard you are going to Greece for your one week vacation.”

Kyuhyun couldn’t stop coughing yet but his brain is processing fast.

“Can I tag along too?” Hyukjae asks with a hearty laugh to cover up his discomfort.

I knew it.

To , Kyuhyun shook his head adamantly.

“Aww, come one! Your hyung needs a vacation too!” Hyukjae whined.

“So go on one yourself, or with Donghae.” Kyuhyun managed to reply between coughs and heavy wheezing.

“Hae’s going to be busy.” Hyukjae replied with a shake of his head. “Come on, let me tag along! Come on, pleeease….” He continues to pester.

“Ok, Ok, fine, fine.” Kyuhyun finally gave in, much to his own chagrin. Is he really so weak-willed he wonders?

“Thank Kyuuuuu~” Hyukjae chuckles as he skips away a happy man.

@

Kyuhyun hears the door to his room opens and shut, and someone moving towards him, presumably his room-mate Sungmin. Without lifting his eyes off his game, he was about to open his mouth to greet the older man when a bouquet of red roses was in his face.

“Will you forgive me, baby?” Siwon’s husky voice came from being the bouquet blocking his view.
Wincing, he pauses the game and shoves the bouquet out of his face to look up at the grinning face of his boyfriend, whom he technically is still in cold war with.

“No.” Kyuhyun said with a roll of his eyes.

“B-but ~” Siwon stutters pathetically as he follows the maknae out of the room.

Kyuhyun shuffles into the kitchen and grabbed an ice cream cone from the freezer.

“Why not?” Siwon whines as he watched the youngest unraveled the paper wrapping of the ice cone and begin . “I’m sorry for spoiling your holiday mood, I did not mean to, but I am worried about you and I ~”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at his blabbering boyfriend. Siwon is still holding the bouquet and wringing the stems nervously as he tries to argue his case. Ignoring him, Kyuhyun recalls a conversation he overheard a few days ago.


“We are going to Greece!” Hyukjae cheers loudly.

“Yes!” Ryeowook joins in happily.

“And thanks to Siwon, it will be an all-expense paid vacation!” Hyukjae giggled as he tucks his hands behind his head and lean back against the sofa he is sitting on. With a sigh of contentment, he begins to hum.

“All expense paid, and Kyu will be doing all the research. This is the life!” Ryeowook agrees as he sat back all relaxed too.

“Our dream vacation.” Hyukjae pipes in with a gummy grin.

“I can’t believe Siwon actually offered to pay for everything so we can travel with Kyu.” Ryeowook remarked.

“Mmmhmm….Siwon is a considerate boyfriend like that.” Hyukjae replied absently.

“He really loves our maknae that much, eh?”

“Yup!” Hyukjae replied, wondering when his own boyfriend would do something sweet for him too.

“The only conditions, to let Kyu drag us to anywhere he wishes to go ~”

“Yeah, I won’t worry about that though. Kyu makes a very competent tour guide.” Hyukjae laughs.

“And posting selcas so our ‘sponsor’ can check on him.”

“Easy peasy! We’ll just take tourist shots and tweet them.” Hyukjae is a picture of efficiency. “Let’s get ready to have a great time!”

“To Siwon!” Ryeowook chuckles.

“To Siwon!” Hyukjae pipes in merrily.




“I’m still going to Greece.” Kyuhyun informs Siwon who quiets down immediately.

“Alone?” Siwon asks, feigning complete ignorance.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow skeptically. Great acting skills, hyung.

“No, with Hyukkie hyung and Wookie.” Kyuhyun replied calmly.

“Oh, that’s great!” Siwon responded appropriately rejoiced.

As if you didn’t know? You planned all this! Kyuhyun retorts mentally.

“Ahuh.” Kyuhyun replied still poker-faced.

“But ~”

“But?”

“Will you forgive me before you leave for the trip?” Siwon pouts. “It’s no fun missing you for a whole week and it’s even worse if we are still fighting.”

Kyuhyun his cone thoughtfully as he contemplates on his next move. Of course he had forgiven the big luge of a boyfriend. Who wouldn’t after what Siwon did to compromise with his wayward lover? But Kyuhyun, being the snarky bratty boyfriend that he is, isn’t one to make things easy.

“Hmm…” He murmurs nonchalantly. Pushing past the worried man to throw away the empty ice cream wrapper, ignoring the look of despair on the handsome face, he made his way almost out of the kitchen before turning around with a smirk on his face. “Put those in a vase, hyung, I like them in my room.”

Siwon stared in confusion at the hastily retreating figure for a few more seconds before it dawn on him that Kyuhyun has accepted his apology!

Kyuhyun made his way back to his room as quickly as possible, his face burning. After 7 years together, he is still embarrassed with the little interactions with his boyfriend. Siwon finds it endearing, Kyuhyun, however, finds it awkward. He is just absolutely incapable of being openly cheesy like Siwon.

Nursing his warm cheeks while lost in thought, he jumped when Siwon threw open the door and dashed in with the roses now unwrapped and arranged in a crystal vase. Without asking again, he places the vase on the night table next to Kyuhyun’s table and proceeds to hold his chin thoughtfully as he analyses the best angle to display the flowers.

“There!” He proclaims with flourish after turning the vase from side to side a couple of times. Then he turned to look at Kyuhyun with barely concealed anticipation.

“It’s hmm…nice.” Kyuhyun mutters absently as the taller man plunks himself down on the bed next to him and pull the supple body against his chest.

“So we’re good now?” Siwon whispers softly into the ear of the man he is hugging tight.

“Mmhmmm….” Kyuhyun mumbles languidly, enjoying the hand gently squeezing his shoulder.

@

Hyung! Quick! Over here!” Kyuhyun calls out to his two traveling companions lagging behind strolling leisurely. The excited maknae is beckoning at them to gather before the departure gates for their first vacation selca.

“Why can’t we wait till we get there?” Hyukjae grumbles as they fall into place and pose.

“Because your ‘sponsor’ will be expecting the first selca right about now.” Kyuhyun replied coolly before moving away to post his first tweet of their trip.

Hyukjae and Ryeowook exchanged looks of horror. Hyukjae fumbles for his phone, pulling it out with shaky fingers and frantically typing out two words before hitting the ‘send’ button.

@

The frown on Siwon’s forehead is etched as deep as it can get while he read the 10 page document before him. It’s after midnight and he is still stuck in the office working away at his role as management staff in his father’s company.

Suddenly a soft ‘ding’ can be heard as a message arrives in his phone. Making a grab at his phone a little too keenly thinking that it’s from his kitty lover, he frowned again to see that it was actually from Hyukjae.

He knows.

The frown dispersed as a amused grin slowly grew on his narrow face.

A soft beep signaled a new tweet post on his tweet list. Excitedly he fire up his twitter and saw a tweet post by a certain purple egg.

Siwon stared at the attached selca for a really long time, himself reflecting the same huge grin as that of the maknae among the three persons depicted in the picture.

Slowly reaching a realization that he has been staring at his phone for way too long, Siwon quickly found his text message box and began typing.

Have a safe flight and enjoy your vacation, baby.