Searching

The Dream Life

I got home around 5. I saw my brother and is friends playing outside. I waved, but he just looked off into the distance. Though that made me angry I ignored it. I saw my umma outside watering the plants. I ran up and hugged her. I said to myself, " Today is a very good day." 

I went inside and took a quick shower. I wore a a blue tshirt and yellow shorts. My umma was calling my brother inside.

"MinGu, dinner is ready! Come fast!"

She repeatedly called him but there was no reply. My parents started getting worried as was I.

My dad went outside to ask his friends, but there was no sign of him or his friends. My umma started calling all of his friend's umma's. Her son had not come home either! I had no idea what to do, I was sitting on the floor panicked. I wanted to cry, but I knew that if i started crying my umma would too. My dad called the police.

I tried my hardest to not cry. My dad went out to search outside. I insisted on coming with him, he was hesitant, but allowed me. I started searching the streets and yelling, "MINGU!"

I was searching for about 10 minutes when I heard yelps of crying and yelling. I tried to find the source of the noise. I came near the long road that surrounded the sea. On the dock, there were the bikes. I started running and I saw the boys drowning. There was an ahjussi near the street vendor. I started calling out to him, but he just ignored me. I had to do this alone. I used to take swimming lessons when i was around 5 years old so I knew the basics. I found rope and I threw out the boys and started pulling. My dad finally caught up to me and was helping me. We got the boys out, but we quickly noticed that MinGu was not one of the boys we rescued. 

We tried to ask the boys where MinGu was. One of the plump kids named KangMin, started to tell us.

"Min..MinGu..is..s..on a ra...raft with MinJo.."

"Who? MinJo?"

"MinJo..my..youn..younger..sis..sister"

This situation just turned serious.