Another Baby...

Kris & Tao + Baby

The group found themselves sitting the quaint little café after an hour and a half of sledding. 

Tao was holding his small daughter to his chest.  She kept nodding off to sleep.

“So, in case you didn’t already know, we are together.”  Yixing held up his and Kyungsoo’s linked hands.

“Uhhh, Yixing, I kinda got that.”  Tao said exasperatedly.

“But we also have something else to share.”  At Yixing’s mention of this, Kyungsoo’s whole face turned the color of a tomato.  After a long pause of Tao inspecting the couple’s actions, Yixing finally said, “Kyungsoo is pregnant.”

Tao’s mouth gaped at the news.  He had no idea that these two were even friends let alone having a baby together.

“Alright, then tell me how this happened.”

Once again it was Yixing who spoke.  “Well remember the night of the baby shower?  Kyungsoo and I got pretty close that night and continued to keep in touch.  We didn’t tell anyone about our relationship.  Then one night about a month ago we met up at a bar for a couple drinks.  One thing led to another and here we are now.” 

Tao looked at the couple and realized that they actually looked really good together.  Kyungsoo’s frame was slightly smaller than Yixing’s and somehow they just fit together.

“Soo, why didn’t you tell me you were interested in Yixing?  If you would have told me, I would have set you up!”  Tao joked.

Clearly Yixing was excited about this whole thing but Tao could see the hesitation on his best friend’s face.

“Kyungsoo, what do you think of all this?”  Tao asked.

“I…I don’t even know.  It doesn’t seem real.  I know Yixing will take care of me, but I just don’t know if we can be responsible for a little life.”  Kyungsoo’s grip tightened on Yixing’s hand.

Yixing looked at Kyungsoo with genuine care in his eyes.  Tao could tell that Yixing really loved Kyungsoo, so somehow this would all work out.

“I have an idea.  How about you guys come over and watch Mei tonight.  I think it’s about time Kris and I had a date night.”  Tao suggested.

All attention at the table was shifted to the bundle snoozing in Tao’s arms.  Yixing’s eyes were sparkling at the idea, but Kyungsoo was still hesitant.

“Soo, don’t worry.  I know you will do a good job and this will prepare you for when your baby arrives.”  Tao said this while handing Mei over to Kyungsoo.

Mei nestled her face into Kyungsoo’s chest.  He held her like she was an extremely fragile piece of porcelain.

Kyungsoo looked up at Yixing and Tao with a huge smile on his face.  “We can do this.  So what time should we come over tonight?”