The Date

The Date

 

“Hyesungie~”

 

That's what Hyesung first heard after answering the call from Eric. What is he so happy about? A cheerful Eric usually means disaster for him.

 

“What? Why did you call all of a sudden?” He replied with a voice filled with doubt.

 

“Nothing. Why are you so suspicious of me all the time.”

“Cause you really are suspicious. And, if you're calling me for nothing then don't call at all. You should only call for important things. What if I am busy right now? What if I am meeting with important people and then you suddenly call and of course I'll think it's an emergency so I'll answer it immediately which will make me look bad in the eyes of the important people I'm meeting with.” He scolded Eric thoroughly “Hyesung Style”.

 

“Why are you getting so worked up? Are you meeting with “the important people” right now?” Eric replied sounding amused.

 

This guy always enjoy teasing and making me angry and I fall into his trap every single time. Tsk.Stupid Pil Kyo.

 

“Well no, but still you should only call when something important comes up.” He insisted.

 

“Hyesungie, actually I called to remind you of our date tomorrow which YOU yourself arranged for us.” Eric said in a bored tone to brush off the scoldings he received.

 

“Don't call it a date. I just need your help on the lyrics for the songs I'm composing for my new album so don't be late tomorrow otherwise I'll just ask Minwoo's help.”

 

“Okay, so we'll meet at that restaurant near our apartment tomorrow at nine right? I certainly won't be late for our date so wear something nice. Bye Hyesungie~” And just like that Eric cut off his call.

 

When he heard the beep to signal the other line is already dead, Hyesung almost threw his cellphone from irritation. How dare that guy cut off the call? I should be the one to do that. He didn't even wait for my reply~ And it's not a DATE!!!

 

“O Hyesung hyung why are you looking so angry. Not that I'm surprised cause it's not new that you're angry everyday.” Junjin teased as he handed him his coffee.

 

They accidentally met while he was taking a stroll and while the other just got out of the gym. They decided to go to the nearest coffee shop to pass time. His treat of course since the younger reminded him that the mommy bird should always take care of the baby bird.

 

He let Junjin's teasing slide because at that time he is still irritated by Eric's call.

 

“That mikkulaji Mun Jung Hyuk! He ended the call while we were still in the midst of conversation.” Hyesung ranted stirring his cup of coffee angrily.

 

Junjin just looked on amused. They are used to this, the oil and water couple bickering with just about anything. If he doesn't know any better, his Hyesung hyung is angry not because the call was dropped but rather because of the fact that he did not get to say the last word. This couple is always fighting. Don't they know that because of that they are only making their attraction towards each other more obvious. As the old saying goes, “The more you hate, the more you love” he thought.

 

His hyung continued grumbling and complaining to him about his Eric hyung, and after more than 14 years of friendship he knows that the best way to appease his mother bird is to let him rant, nod from time to time and say the magic words: “Exactly”, “Yes”, “I agree”.

 

As he let Hyesung gripe on how Eric would always mistreat him complete with examples of situations where it happened, the ever cunning Park Chung Jae is hatching a plan to make the two agree on one thing: That they are indeed attracted to each other or probably even more than attraction, that they love each other.

 

Eric's house:

 

“I'm going on a date with Hyesungie~ a date with Hyesungie~” Eric kept singing while trying to prepare his clothes for tomorrow's “date”.

 

Hyesung has personally asked to meet him the next day. While it's not a date and they've gone out countless of times just the two of them, they were mostly due to his initiative. The little prince doesn't usually ask people out so he feels it as an honor to be asked to spend time with the former. What's more, because of their hectic schedule in the past few weeks, they were not able to spend much time just the two of them even though they live soooo close to each other. It drives him insane that they live in the same apartment complex yet they hardly see each other. He adores Hyesungie and everyone knows that.

 

He loves Jung Pil Kyo in the truest sense of the word and those close to them knows that, except for the person who is the object of his affection. He is not expecting for his love to be reciprocated though so he is already happy with the relationship that they have although at time it hurts him. Call him a coward but he really can't confess to the one he loves.

 

“Gomdori-ah, your daddy and mommy will have a date tomorrow. Help me pick out cool clothes so I can charm your mommy and he'll start living with us.” He said after eyeing his dog pacing back and forth his walk-in closet.

 

“Think how nice it'll be to have Kyo here everyday with us. We'll watch late night movies together while we cuddle in the couch. He'll prepare breakfast for me...or maybe i'll just be the one to do it. His “beautiful face would be the first I'd see everyday.” He said lost in his dreamland.

 

“So what will it be this blue suit or the black one” He asked his dog who is now looking at him strangely.

 

Junjin's House

 

Later that night, alone in his house, Junjin decided to act out his plan. He knows that his Hyesung hyung is meeting with Eric the next day. And he also knows that Hyesung is only making that as an excuse to see the latter because in reality, the songs for his new album were already completed. But, who knows maybe after tomorrow they will really start making love songs together. The cheesiness of it all is making him shudder but he is more excited to make the plan work.

 

He calls up Eric. After waiting for a few minutes he hears the groggy voice of their leader.

 

“Jinnie, what's up?” The victim answered.

 

“Eric hyung I miss you. Are you busy?” He said in a cheerful tone.

 

“What favor are you asking now Park Chung Jae?” Eric know by Junjin's tone that he needs something from him. It's not a bad thing actually if it's Junjin asking since in the past, the latter would hardly call them even when he is desperate for help. More than being proud, their second maknae was afraid of being a burden to them so it took them a long time to figure out that he was having emotional breakdowns before.So, these days when Junjin would ask for a favor, as long as it is sensible, they would try their best to give it to him as a sign of gratefulness for pulling through his dark days.

 

“Well you really know me.” Junjin laughed, “It's a small favor hyung, can I borrow your car tomorrow? A while ago as I was going home, my car got busted and it's Yoon Pyo's day off tomorrow so I won't have anything to use”

 

“Even though I won't be needing my car tomorrow, why the need for my car? Why not commute?” Eric asked.

 

“I promised Hyesung hyung I'll fetch him tomorrow. Jihoon hyung borrowed his car and will not be able to give it back til the day after and I didn't expect mine to get into trouble. You know that Hyesung hyung doesn't like to commute.” He explained. A sly smile appeared on his face once he mentioned his mommy bird's name. He is sure he has Eric's attention now.

 

“Why are you fetching Hyesung-ah? Where are you going? What time will it be?” Eric asked everything in one breath. That guy made other plans for tomorrow? I thought I'll have him all to myself. Aish~

 

Junjin's smirk turned into a full blown grin, “Hyesung hyung asked me to accompany him tomorrow afternoon, said he wanted to watch a movie with me, you know that latest movie about thieves, then he wanted to go to this newly opened restaurant at Gangnam. Don't worry, I'll return it to you tomorrow evening since I'll be staying overnight at Hyesung hyung's apartment.” He made it sound like it was no big deal so the older won't notice he is lying.

 

Jealousy is the way to stir Eric's heart. That's what Junjin was planning. He knows that Eric is a bit possessive with Hyesung. He gets jealous when Hyesung spends more time with Jihoon or Kangta or even with the other members. But still even with his obvious jealousy, his hyung couldn't open his heart to his Hyesung hyung. He would make an excuse that he isn't jealous and just wants to annoy Hyesung that is why he acts so clingy and aggressive when other people pulls the other away from him.

 

“I can't believe this. He asked you personally?” Eric is getting agitated right now. Junjin gets to spend half of the day tomorrow and the day after that with Hyesung upon the latter's request while he gets only a few hours and it's even work-related. Ah my neck! That guy is slowly, painfully killing me.

 

“Yes, he asked me a while ago when we met. He said he wanted to unwind so we'll probably go out of the city the day after tomorrow. Ah it's a good thing we are having more days off this week.” Junjin said adding more fuel to the fire. Eric hyung, this is how it really feels to have your heart burning hehe.

 

“You were with him today as well. Why does he always go to you” Eric sighed. Feeling more and more depressed.

 

Junjin knows that Eric is not expecting an answer so he remained quiet. He can feel that the plan will make Eric realize just how big of a space Hyesung is occupying in his heart.

 

“Okay you can use it. Just get the car keys at my house tomorrow afternoon. I'll be out by then.” Actually, he's decided that after meeting up with hyesung tomorrow, he'll be out for the rest of the day and probably also the day after that.

 

“Thank you Hyung. I owe you one. Good night. I love you~” Junjin singsonged the last part feeling thoroughly accomplished.

 

“Goodnight.” Eric said letting his whole body fall into the waiting bed. He doesn't have the strength now. It feels like his whole energy was zapped away from his body.

 

Meanwhile, Junjin is satisfied with how his plan is progressing. I will just wait for the outcome tomorrow.Knowing Eric hyung, he won't back down from the challenge to take his Hyesungie back and hopefully this will lead to a love confession that will rival those from the dramas, oh how I wish I can be there.




The day of the date (Hyesung: meeting!! It's just a MEETING!)

 

The next morning, Hyesung was busy preparing to meet with Eric. Actually, he has been preparing for the past two hours and yet he couldn't find the right clothes. Now I only have an hour to fix my hair! How can I style my precious hair in just an hour?! The thought of appearing disheveled in front of Eric is terrifying for him. He would surely be teased again and unlike what people think, there's a different kind of sting when it is Eric teasing him as compared to other people. It's because he has a crush on their leader. But, no he will never admit it to him or to anyone. Anyway it's just a small teeny tiny crush. No big deal.

 

Eric was already up for hours but instead of running around preparing, he was just lying on his bed and wallowing on his sorrows. Stupid Junjin telling me about his date with my Hyesungie~ I don't want to get up now~...But, if I don't go through the date with Hyesungie later, he will hate me and might never speak to me again~oh the sorrow

 

Begrudgingly, he showered and put on the clothes he made ready for this supposed to be special day.

 

“Yah Eric you're not even listening to me. You said you'll help me with these songs. Come on now, what is wrong with you today? Just yesterday you seemed so happy now you look as if someone trampled your heart to pieces” Hyesung prodded the sullen-looking Eric.

 

They met at the restaurant close to their apartment. When he asked for Eric's help on the songs, the latter wanted to do it at his house. But, he disagreed because his apartment has just recovered from the last time the older trashed it so he suggested this place. He wanted to know Eric's opinion on the songs he's working on and also a little part of him wants to spend time with the other alone. Just a small, microscopic part of him. He was expecting Eric to be cheerful and teasing today just like always so he's a bit stumped to see him so quiet.

 

“You did.” Was the whispered reply he heard.

 

“I did what? Do you have a hangover? You know if you're not feeling well, we can just do this some other time.” he suggested although that small microscopic part of him wishes that the other would stay.

 

“Yeah, maybe you're right. Let's just do this some other time. You're probably busy as well.”

 

Hyesung was stunned. What?! But I want to spend more time with him...to help me on my songs.

 

“So you're really not feeling well? Let me see.” Hyesung placed his hand on Eric's neck to check his temperature.Eric was startled by the sudden touch that he slapped the other's hand away.

 

“Seriously Eric, what is going on with you today?” Hyesung was surprised by the other's action. I can't let him go without knowing what's bothering him. Somehow I can't brush off the feeling that it has something to do with me. Hmm~

 

“I am just a little tired Hyesung-ah. So I guess I'll be going now to take a rest.” Eric said not looking at him in the eye.

 

“Hey, if you're not feeling well I can drive you to the nearest clinic.”He suggested.

 

“Your car is still with Jihoon so how can you drive me there.” Eric scoffed back in reply.

 

He was surprised by what Eric just said and the sudden harshness in his voice.

 

“Jihoon did not borrow my car, it's in the parking lot right now. How did you even thought about that?” He asked. He has a bad feeling about this.

 

Eric's now the one who looked surprised, what's going on? “Junjin borrowed my car so that he can drive you to your date later because apparently your car is still with Jihoon.”

 

“That liar! He used my name so he can borrow your car?! We're not meeting up later. And please stop calling everything a date.” He is irritated now. He looked at Eric's direction and was met by a very happy face.

 

“So you're not going on a date with Junjin later and you're also not going to travel together tomorrow right?” Eric asked grinning widely.

 

“Travel? Of course not. I plan to stay at home all day tomorrow.” This guy is probably bipolar. Just a while ago he was grumpy now his happiness is over the moon. Something's odd.

 

“Okay spill it out Mun Jung Hyuk. What is going on with you? What were you so upset about and why the sudden change of mood?” he probed.

 

Eric started squirming in his seat. Is that a blush on his cheeks?! This is definitely odd because the other is not the type of person to show his emotions easily.

 

If he only know that at that moment Eric's heart is beating wildly and the urge to tell his precious Hyesungie how much he loves him is so strong he's about to combust.

 

Here it goes, “Nothing really. I must've ate something bad for breakfast that's why I wasn't feeling well but now I'm okay. see I'm back to normal.” Eric grinned. In the end, I can't do it.

 

“Eric hyung is jealous Hyesung hyung that's why he was in a bad mood. He likes you but couldn't say it because he is afraid you'll reject him!!!” Junjin suddenly popped up. He was seated in the table next to them wearing a disguise so he won't be noticed. In the end the younger couldn't not see how his plan will pan out. “And, Eric hyung, Hyesung has been in love with you all this time as well. He doesn't really need your help for the songs because he has finished and recorded them already. I know cause I already have a copy of his new album, he is only making this as an excuse to see you.” Junjin now turns to Eric.

 

“It still ends with me doing all the work for you guys. aish~this is no fun at all. Where is that epic confession that will rival dramas? Where are the mushy lines of love? Both of you are disappointing.” Junjin rants at the now two surprised individuals.

 

“Park Chung Jae, I expect my car to be at my parking lot when I get home.”Eric said all the while looking and smiling at Hyesung.

 

“Junjin-ah, go now before I kill you” Hyesung threatened in a soft voice also never taking his eyes off Eric.

 

Junjin scampered away ah what a waste they were already starting with the cheesy part. They should have at least let me watch as compensation for my help.

 

“So you like me Jung Pil Kyo. Hmp. I knew it. From the way you always looked at me with those deadly glares of love and your hard slaps and shoves filled with adoration. I just knew it.” Eric said in a boastful but soft voice. A wide smile adorning his lips.

 

“And how about you Mun Jung Hyuk. All these time, the kisses and embraces were filled with malice. Ah what a ert.” Hyesung teased back.

 

Underneath the table, away from the prying eyes of the public, two hands were intertwined. Hyesung's and Eric's.

 

 

Later that evening, Hyesung was awakened by the incessant ringing of his phone.He looked at the name of the caller and sighs.

 

“This better be a matter of life and death Mun Jung Hyuk!”He said to the caller as a greeting.

 

“I love you Pil Kyo.” Eric said a soft voice.

 

Hyesung smiled.

 

“I love you too Eric”.



The Next Day

 

Andy is wondering why the office is awfully quiet. They were supposed to have a meeting today. The managers said his Dongwan hyung and Junjin hyung are already inside. It's weird that they're not being their usual rowdy selves he thought. When he entered the room he was stunned and just stared at the people around trying to assess the situation. But his curiosity got the better out of him.

 

“Dongwan hyung, why is Junjin hyung's mouth taped and his hands tied.” he asked Dongwan who was sitting as far away as possible from the second maknae as if avoiding to suffer the same fate of the other.

 

“His mommy bird and daddy bird punished him.” Was the only reply he got. Meanwhile his Junjin hyung just sat there mournfully.

 

 

THE END