Your Wedding, My Funeral

Your Wedding, My Funeral

 

 

A/N: It would be much better if you play I DO (Cherish you) by 98 Degrees

 

 

 

 

 

 

YOUNGBAE’s POV

“The bride’s here! Fix your positions!” the wedding coordinator shouted making us form two straight lines.

“All of the cute, little flower girls and our handsome ring bearer, come here in front of the line.” the coordinator explained.

The children all shouted, “Neh!!”

“Next, the entourage. Please line up properly in order. First, the candles, the cord and lastly the veil. Girls on the left, the guys on the right. The godfathers please line up properly after the entourage. Lastly the bridesmaid and the BEST MAN” The coordinator continued.

 

‘THE BEST MAN’

 

That word hit me hard. Not physically but mentally. I’m just the BEST MAN here in their wedding but I can never be the BEST MAN in HER heart.

 

FLASHBACK

---------------------------------------------------------

“Bae-bae!!” Dara called my name for the nth time.

“Woah! You’re so hyper Dee. What’s the good news??” I asked.

“Can you believe it?!?! Oh my gosh! Jiyong proposed to me! I can’t believe it I’m getting married Bae-bae! See!” she showed her ring while jumping up and down like a little kid.

Then, it finally came to me...

 

The reality just hit me…

 

They are getting married!

I think my world just crumbled after hearing those few words.

 

‘I am getting married’. Those few words that can make a man like me die slowly inside like a man being poisoned and there’s no antidote to be found.

 

“Oh really. W-well… Congratulations.” That was all I could say. I just answered her with a forced smile.

“Aren’t you happy for me Bae-bae? Don’t you want to know how it happened? Ooohhh! I’ll tell you. You know when Ji…”

“Ahmm.. I’m kind of tired right now. Can you just tell it to me some other time?” I interrupted.

“Oh, is that so? Bae-bae, I told you before and I’ll tell it to you again. Don’t overdo your work arasso? That’s why you’re getting tired easily. I’ll let you get some rest first. By the way, your Ji’s best man! Annyong!” she said leaving me dumbfounded.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

END OF FLASCHBACK

 

‘BEST MAN’

 

I hated that word from then on.

 

Another thing is…

 

Do you know what’s worse than being killed by your own relative?

Much worse than being betrayed by your trusted bestfriend?

Much much worse than being pushed in the cliff by your own parents?

Much much much worse than those tactics the villains does to the main character on television to make their lives more complicated?

 

It is watching the person you love getting married with someone you know and trusts yet you couldn’t do anything to stop them because you know that both of them love each other and nothing can stop them even if you are both their BESTFRIEND.

 

 

 

I tried to be happy for them because Dara is my childhood-slash-long-time-bestfriend and Jiyong is my best buddy. But no matter what I do, a person really can’t easily erase one’s first love in their heart.

 

 

♪ All I am, all I'll be
Everything in this world
All that I'll ever need
Is in your eyes
Shining at me
When you smile I can feel
All my passion unfolding 

 

 The music starts, indicating the start of the wedding. The flower girls and the ring bearer started to walk joyfully like they are just taking a walk in the park while tossing their flowers looking like fairies.

‘So cute’. I thought while waiting for our turn to walk down the aisle.

 

The children were followed by the entourage consisting of Minzy and Daesung for the candles, Chaerin and Seungri for the cord and Bom and TOP for the veil.

‘Lucky them’. I thought.

 

They each have the one they love on their side.

 

FLASHBACK

---------------------------------------------------------

“Woah! Is it the end of the world already?” Dara exclaimed.

“Why?” I asked.

“Look! Look! Our baby panda and fierce cat are holding hands!”

 

Dara and I dashed inside Yeolbong Jjimdak restaurant upon seeing our two friends not killing each other. Mind you NOT killing each other. That’s worth the headlines!!

“Chaerin! Chaerin!” Dara shouted.

“Chill Santokki! What’s up?” Chaerin asked coolly.

“What’s up?!? Oh my gosh!! What did this rat do to you?! Have you been hypnotized?” Dara asked.

“Nooooo, I’m just in love Santokki.” Chaerin said giddily.

“Me too. I’m so much in love with this stubborn cat.” Seungri added.

“Woah! I never thought this day would ever, as in EVER, come.” I chuckled after saying this.

“What’s happening here?” The other love birds arrived.

“Bommie-yah! Mingkki! Tabi! Dae! Can you believe it?? These two are together. I mean together TOGETHER!” Dara said in disbelief. The other love birds just chuckled.

“Oh Santokki! Come on! You didn’t see it coming? So, the only two left on our group that are still single are you and Bae. You’ll never know maybe you’re meant for each other Santokki, like me and Tabi.” Bommie said giddily earning a hug from her boyfriend Tabi.

“Eeeewwww! Get a room puh-leaze and What?!? Me and Bae? Hahahaha. You’ve got to be kidding me. I can’t fall in love with my brother. Right Bae? Hahaha” Dara said while facing me.

“Y-yeah right.”

‘For you, but not for me.’  I added on my thought.

---------------------------------------------------------

END OF FLASCHBACK

 

Now, it’s my turn to walk in the aisle.

 

After I got to my spot next to Ji, I told him “Stop being nervous Ji. It’s not like Dara would run away”

“Yeah, I know Bae. I’m just so nervous. I can’t wait to see her.” Ji answered nervously.

 

‘I can’t wait to see her’. That word started everything.

There are so many what ifs in this world.

 

I want to ask myself.

‘What if I didn’t introduce my bestfriend to my boss?’

‘What if until now I am the closest guy in Dara’s heart?’

 

What will happen?

 

Right????

 

FLASHBACK

---------------------------------------------------------

My boss-slash-best-buddy Kwon Jiyong, the owner of the Kwon Group of Companies, invited me to have a drink with him. His reason why he’ll be drinking? His long term girlfriend Sohee broke up with him because she fell out of love.

“Right??? Why are all women like that! They fall out of love after 5 years. Like my mother, she left us when I was just 5 yrs. Old. Is that their expiration date? Aish!!” Ji ruffled his hair while drinking the alcohol in one go.

“Jiyong, she has her reasons. If she continued your relationship, both of you will only just hurt each other.” I explained.

“Aish! I knew it! There isn’t any decent woman left in this world anymore.” He said bitterly.

“No, that’s not true.”

“Why? Is there still someone left who gives all her love to her man only for a long time?”

“Yes, but you see it’s not a man. It’s err… it’s her teddy bear, TamTam.” I chuckled while remembering a certain scenario of Dara and TamTam.

“Hey! Share your thoughts.” Jiyong woke me up on my deep thoughts.

“You see there’s this time when I hide TamTam from her then she starts throwing a fit saying that TamTam is much more important than me. See? She really loves her stuff toy so much that she’s saying that THAT TOY is much more important than her best friend?”

After I told Jiyong that story, he can’t help but laugh out loud. It’s like he forgot about his heartbreak.

“I’m starting to like your bestfriend Youngbae. Hahaha!” He said while laughing.

“Huh? What did you say? I thought your heartbroken?”

“It’s coz she’s really funny. I’d like to meet her Youngbae. I can’t wait to see her. Hahaha. What a funny girl!”

---------------------------------------------------------

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

“Well, there she is Ji.” I said to him.

 

♪ I do cherish you
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice 

 

Both of us can now see Dara at the end of the aisle wearing her wedding gown. But nothing can really be compared to her presence right at that moment. She really stands out from the crowd. Not just because she’s wearing something that really stands out but because of her smile that can melt every heart that can see her.

 

That’s what I like about her.

 

Her smile is enough to mend a broken heart.

Like mine…

 

*sighhhhhhhhhhhh*

 

                           

FLASHBACK

---------------------------------------------------------

“Bae! Bae! Hey! Come out or else I’ll break your door. HeyyYyyy!!!” the 14 y/o Dara yelled in front of my door while continuously banging it with her hand.

“Didn’t you hear me before? I said go away Dara. You can’t do anything. You can’t!” I shouted back.

After what I’ve said, I can’t hear her banging anymore. Suddenly, I heard the door opened.

“I told you to go away! Can’t you understand that simple request Dara?”

“I can understand that. It’s you I can’t understand Bae. What’s up? I’m your bestfriend! You can tell me everything.” She assured me.

“Then what? After I tell you what my problem is, can you do anything about it? No, you can’t. NOBODY can!” I silently sobbed after saying those words to her.

“Hey, I know I can’t do anything coz I don’t have any super powers but atleast tell me about your problem. That’s what bestfriends do. We want to share your load of problems for you to lessen your burden. I’m always here you know.”

“I’m really sorry Dee. It’s just that omma and appa will be divorcing soon. They didn’t even think about their son before making that decision.” I said in annoyance.

“Bae, maybe they are really thinking about you while making that decision. Just understand them for now. We can never really understand how an adult’s mind works right?” Dara said while patting my back.

“But…”

“Come on Dong Youngbae! Stop making yourself look pathetic.” Dara teased.

“I am not!”

“Yes, you are. Look at you! Eeeewww, crying like a baby. Kekeke”

“Yah! You look much more like a baby than me. Look at your face. Your ugly face Dee. Hahaha”

“Finally!! You laugh and smile! That’s what I’ve been waiting for. Just smile when you have a problem arasso?” she smiled while saying those words.

“Yeah” I returned back her smile.

---------------------------------------------------------

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Yeah, I’ll always smile if I can see your smile Dee. Even if my problem is as big as the world, I can overcome it as long as I can always see your smile.

 

♪ I will love you still
From the depths of my soul 

 

As you were walking by that long aisle, with your eyes full of tears.

 

Tears not because of sorrow.

But because of joy.

 

 

 

The kind of joy and happiness that I can never give you.

 

The kind of happiness that only Jiyong can give…

 

 

 

And that’s what I regret the most…

 

 

 

 

But I know that even if I regret it with all my heart and soul…

 

Nothing can change. Nothing will change.

 

♪ It's beyond my control

I've waited so long to say this to you 
 

 

One step…

 

Two step…

 

 

You’re becoming much closer to me in every step you make.

 

 

Three step…

 

Four step…

 

♪ If you're asking do I love you this much
I DO 

 

Finally, you’re just a hand away from me.

 

You’re too close yet too far.

 

Your appa now offered your hand to Jiyong and I was left on my spot frozen. Even my face is expressionless.

 

I can’t let you see what I’ve been feeling right now.

 

I don’t want to erase that smile of yours during this time Dee coz your smile at this moment is the best smile you’ve ever had.

 

The wedding ceremony proceeded like any other weddings there is. I just plastered my forced smile that I’ve practiced for a long time everytime you take a glimpse of me.

 

Then, finally the part that I’ve been dreading all throughout this day came.

 

“Sandara Park, will you accept Kwon Jiyong to be your lawfully wedded husband?” the priest asked.

“I do” Dara vowed.

 

“Kwon Jiyong, will you accept Park Sandara to be your lawfully wedded wife?” the priest asked.

“I do” Ji vowed.

 

 

“By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife… You may now kiss the bride….”

 

 

 

 

That was the time I died…

 

 

 

 

My heart died.

 

 

 

 

 

 

============================

 

Seriously! I already finished typing this last March. I only posted it now coz I want my friend to proof read this but He-slash-She(If you know what I mean) until now didn’t do my request. I even bought him-slash-her chocolates. Well, this is it!