I'm Sorry, But I Only Love Him

One Shots with Teen Top! (Applications Closed)

I'm Sorry, But I Only Love Him

Story requested by Maiaxox

 

Kindergarten

“Since we all like Maia.. Then it would be unfair if any of us try to confess!” Chunji began mumbling, “So… none of us are allowed to confess to her! If anyone confesses to her, we won’t be best friends anymore!”

CAP pouted, not quite understanding what Chunji was saying, “So.. doesn’t that mean none of us can like her because we can’t confess?” Chunji thought for a while until he came to a solution.

“I know! We aren’t allowed to confess to her, but she can confess to us!”

L.Joe looked up with a smile, “Pinky promise!!”

They all linked their pinkies together and smiled, “But I know she will like me first!” L.Joe shouted conceitedly~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present Day

3rd Year of High School

“That sleep over was so fun last night!” CAP yawned while walking to their classroom.

“Yeah your house is the best!” Chunji slipped his hands into Maia’s, “Hey! Chunji! My hands are too precious for you~” But Chunji held tighter just to ; “They’re so soft though!”

L.Joe, walked slowly behind them while on a lollipop. He pushed Chunji away and caught up to Maia, “Want a lollipop Maia?”

She nodded while blushed slightly, everyone noticed except the unobservant L.Joe. “What flavour?” He pulled out three lollipops: strawberry, apple and watermelon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey L.Joe! What are you smiling so happily about?” Chunji in class; it was obvious he was smiling over Maia.

“Nothing,” he put his earphones and began listening to his music in attempt to hide his happiness.

Chunji and CAP looked at each other evilly while whispering, “We ‘gotta talk.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“He’s such an idiot!”

“I know! it’s so obvious Maia likes him and that he likes her. Such a naïve boy,” CAP said quite annoyed.

“He isn’t still keeping the promise we made nine years ago is he?!” Both looked at each other in curiosity.

“Well,” CAP began, “We did pinky promise…”

“And we did say that if anyone broke it, we wouldn’t be best friends anymore…”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 “Hey me and CAP ‘gotta run somewhere, so you go home with L.Joe first okay?” Maia nodded and linked arms with L.Joe; he stiffened.

“I don’t want to go home yet… how about we go hang out first?” She smiled at him.

L.Joe felt so nervous that he wasn’t able to let out any words; she assumed he agreed. Maia dragged him to an ice cream shop.

“Wow, lollipop flavour! L.Joe will definitely like this!” She thought to herself and quickly bought the ice cream. She went to sit down with him but he looked emotionless.

“Here, I bought this for you!” Maia smiled to break the awkward atmosphere but he gave no reply. “He doesn’t like me,” she thought to herself.

She looked around to avoid eye contact with him, “She doesn’t like me after all,” he told himself under his breath.

“Let’s go home,” he told her as he walked out the door. She slowly followed behind.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Maia arrived to school late, causing the boys to worry. Once she arrived to school, she rushed to get to her classroom but someone had stopped her. She looked up and saw a boy with plump lips and big googly eyes, “H-h-hi, I’m Niel,” the stranger mumbled to her.

Maia smiled as usual, “Oh hi Niel, I’m Maia! Nice to meet you.” She couldn’t help but notice the tense atmosphere between them, “What’s wrong?”

Niel hesitated but decided that it was his only chance.

“You see… I’ve really liked you for a while now… but you’re always with those three boys so I’ve never had a chance to tell you…” he drifted off. She remained silent for a few minutes as they both awkwardly stood there. Niel was about to leave until Maia spoke up.

“I guess I could give you a chance,” she told him before leaving to run to class.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half a year later

“You never spend time with us anymore! You’re always with Niel!” Chunji whined as he held hands with her again; this time she didn’t mind.

“Sorry, I’ll make it up to you guys! Promise~” She pinky promised them and then –

“Maia! You busy right now?” Niel’s head popped into the classroom. Maia looked at her three friends and noticed that L.Joe was glaring at Niel.

“Why do you always take her away from us? Just ‘cause you’re her boyfriend doesn’t make you any more important than us!” Everyone suddenly looked at L.Joe as he continued to glare at Niel.

“What’s wrong with him nowadays? Ever since I started dating Niel, he’s been like this…” Maia thought to herself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey,” CAP began, “Do –“

Chunji cut him off so he could continue the sentence, “Do you – wait I mean, are you still keeping that promise that we made in Kindergarten?”

L.Joe looked at his friend’s weirdly, “The confession promise?” Chunji and CAP nodded and L.Joe became confused, “Why? Aren’t we meant to?”

Chunji couldn’t stand it any longer and decided to just spill it. “L.Joe! You’re such an idiot! Can’t you tell that Maia likes you?!”

His eyes widened, “Si-since when?! She’s with Niel now isn’t she?”

CAP slapped his forehead in frustration, “She’s always liked you and you liked her too! Whenever she was around you, she would blush and act differently! Are you stupid?!”

“But it’s too late now anyway…” L.Joe murmured sadly. Chunji moved to sit beside him and put his arm around his neck, “Hey man, it’s not too late! Let’s disregard that stupid promise we made. We only want you and Maia to be happy!”

His eyes started to become teary as he thought of how stupid he had been, “But –“

“No buts! Go now, or we won’t give you a second chance!” CAP demanded as he pushed him into the distance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L.Joe stood in front of her house; questioning whether he should knock or just leave. He loved her and she apparently loved him, but she had Niel now.

Suddenly Chunji and CAP’s image popped into his head, “L.Joe, if you don’t do it… we’re going to murder you!”

He shivered in fear and finally decided to knock.

Knock, Knock, Knock. “Coming!” His heart stopped upon hearing her sweet, serene voice.

The door opened to a beautiful girl that he’d loved for nine years. “L.Joe?”

“Maia…” he hesitated.

“Hm?” She tilted her head cutely causing his heart to beat faster and faster.

Without further thinking, he decided to just let his heart say what it wanted.

“Maia, I’ve liked you since the day we met in kindergarten. Ever since that day, I’ve dreamt of being with you. Whenever I see you, my heart races and I suddenly become unable to speak. You might think that I’m just being cold or mean, but it’s not that. I become so nervous; I don’t know what to say… I thought you didn’t like me, that’s why after the day we went to eat ice cream, I became so cold to you. Then I saw you with Niel and I became really, really jealous. I wanted to kill him for taking my spot; I wanted to be the one that you loved. But –“

Maia hugged him tight and a tear fell down her cheek, “Is what you’re saying really true?”

L.Joe became nervous again; unable to speak but this time, he forced himself. He didn’t want to miss this last chance.

“It’s true Maia, I really do love you. I love you more than you could ever imagine and I can’t imagine myself being with anyone but you.”

She pulled out of the hug and looked into his eyes; they were so beautiful. L.Joe leaned his head closer and closer to hers; she closed her eyes.

She could feel his breathing on her face and then for the first time ever, their lips met. His lips were soft and his kiss was gentle; a genuine kiss, a kiss full of love.

“L.Joe?”

He pulled away to look at her.

“I love you too.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date Completed: 5th March 2011

A/N: first one shot i've written in my wholeeeeeee life and since i've attempted to incorporate everything into it, it's quite lengthy and i hope you don't mind T__T

so basically now you guys understand my writing style and ^^ hope you like it and i'll be working on the rest of your requests :D