Q and A

Happiness

Q&A

 

Q: What inspired you to write this oneshot?

A: I read Solangel’s short story, The Ardor Series earlier and I totally fell in love with the plot. That was when I realized that I wanted to write something about love, revenge and suicide. So, credit goes to Solangel. (Note: Not for minors and emotionally-unstable people because of the topic.)

 

Q: What does the first part mean?

A: It speaks about how Jiyong wanted to find happiness and yes, he felt it once in his life. But because of Youngbae’s death, he let happiness slip out of his fingers. When I said, it burned and turned into ashes, I was talking about the way Youngbae was cremated. And he was Jiyong’s happiness because he was the first person who thought Jiyong about happiness. And the wind blew Youngbae’s ashes when Jiyong spread it. When he said that he wanted it back badly, it meant that he wanted to take revenge for the death of his bestfriend. And lastly, Jiyong’s concept of happiness is that, it’s a goal or something he wanted to reach. And that’s totally wrong. Tsk.Tsk. Anyway, I in explaining.

 

Q: Did Jiyong really love Sandara? If he did, why did he hurt her?

A: Yes, he did love her. But when he saw that everyone (his parents, Dara’s parents, even Dara) was happy, he let his angry heart take over his soul. Just like what was written in the story, when the heart is angry, it would only believe in what it wanted to believe. And Jiyong believed that if he would just marry Sandara and forget about the revenge, he would feel guilty because his bestfriend died lonely. Plus, when he saw that Dara’s parents were happy, he wanted to disappoint them because they were partly the reason why Youngbae killed himself. And when he heard his father said that “he was proud of him”, he felt USED. And so, he had to go with his plan. Even if he knew that he was in love with her...he ignored that. He just wanted to have revenge.

 

Q: Is it true that happiness, when talking about some people, happens only once in a lifetime?

A: First of all, this is fiction. Second, even I don’t believe that. A famous saying states that ‘happiness isn’t a destination, it’s a way of travel.’ This fic is about the obsession of finding happiness. And in this story, Jiyong thought that Happiness is a destination. What he didn’t know that he could have been happy if he really wanted to.

 

Q: Is Kwon Jiyong in love with Youngbae?

A: NO!! I’m only into G-ri, people. GD-YB is just bromance for me. And G-Ri is the real thing! Hahahaha. Anyway... Seriously! He wasn’t in love with him. Youngbae was the first person who actually treated Jiyong the way he deserves to be treated—like a human being.

 

Q: Why are you so weird?

A: Let me see... I’m sick and I haven’t been out of my room for 36 hours and I’ve been drinking several medicine and I could have sworn that it entered my brain and now, it was beyond repair. And all I could think of are weird things... gah...

 

(if you have more questions...you can always ask away. I'll gladly answer your questions.)