Chapter 3

Wishful Thinking

The news had finished, I didn’t know what would be on next, normally SeulGi would tell me but she had fallen asleep and I wasn’t going to wake her. Lately SeulGi hadn’t been getting much sleep, she tries to hide it from me but I know. I might be blind but I am certainly not deaf! I hear her tossing and turning, getting out of bed rummaging around probably for a book and softly closing our bedroom door so she doesn’t disturb me. SeulGi refuses to tell me what is wrong; I can’t even approach the subject without her changing it immediately, so I hold my tongue and pretend that I hear nothing. I slowly lift her head off my lap and place a pillow there for the time being, I get up quietly and feel my way to the cupboard to get a glass, I then feel for the sink and fill up my glass with water, see I am capable of doing things myself. I walk into the bedroom and find a plain singlet to wear, I have no idea what colour it is, but I am hoping that it is the black one and that it is mine. I had just put it on when I heard a terrifying high pitched scream, it scared me so much that I hit my head on the open drawer above me.

I race out of the bedroom and knock my hip on the bench, that hurt, as ran towards the couch the screams got louder and louder. Why was SeulGi screaming? I knelt down in front of the couch and grabbed her hand.

“Sssh, SeulGi wake up” I said softly her face.

“NO, STOP, DON’T HURT HIM” Was her alarming reply.

“Baby, wake up. You’re dreaming no one is going to hurt anyone” I said trying to keep my voice calm.

“HELP, LEETEUK, HELP ME” she screamed again.

I shook her and she woke up with a start breathing heavily.

“Baby, are you okay? What were you dreaming about?” I asked while her hair.

“I… I don’t remember” her voice shook.

“Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything”

“I… I’m sure and I know. Don’t worry about me I’m…” she trailed off and I felt her buckle over and yelp out in pain.

“What’s wrong?” I asked hearing her in a sharp breath.

“I… I don’t know the baby just kicked really hard”

This was getting worrisome.

“The baby isn’t due for another five months” I said

I moved my hands to her stomach and felt the sharp kick, this can’t be normal.

“Leeteuk… something is wrong. MUFFINS” She screamed the last part.

“Where is my phone, direct me to where it is” I told her softly.

“Turn around, place your hand on the coffee table and move it three times to your r… right. HURRY”

I found the phone and she carefully directed my hands to where the zero was. I pressed it three times and it rang.

“Hello we need an ambulance, something is wrong with my wife. The baby it…” I trailed of and the operator cut in and told me to take some slow deep breaths, once I had done that she asked me questions like, my address, explain what happened, how is your wife now? I didn’t care much for the questions but I answered them, I just wanted the ambulance to get here fast. I hung up once she said that the Ambulance were on their way.

“L… Leete… Leeteuk where are you?” I could hear the pain in SeulGis’ voice.

“I am right here baby, it’s okay, everything is going to be fine” she had closed her eyes and was lying on her back. I her cheek and wiped away any stray tears, I felt her hair clinging to her face I brushed it out of eyes and away from her lips.

“What if we lose our baby?” She asked while starting to cry. I squeezed her hand tightly.

“We are NOT going to lose our baby; this is just a setback. Has the pain lessened?” I asked.

“Yes” was her short reply.

Five minutes later the ambulance people arrived, they lifted her slowly from the couch and placed her on a stretcher. I could feel the stares of some of the ambulance officers, I didn’t know how many where here, but there stares felt like dirt.

“Here let me help you to your wife” It was a guy probably five years older than me, but I didn’t feel him staring. I just felt kindness.

“Thankyou” I said

On the way to the hospital SeulGis’ screams lessened but I could still hear her sharp breaths. I placed one hand on her belly and grabbed her hand with the other. When we arrived at the hospital, they told me that I couldn’t go any further than the stupid waiting room. I sat down and waited, the hours seemed to drag on and on. I didn’t let myself think, not once. I just stared at the ground, there was no point in looking up all I would get were silent horrified stares.

“Park Jung Soo?” Came a doctor’s voice.

“Yes, that’s me” my head shot up.

“There is nothing wrong with your baby, it just got a shock. Your wife is stable, you can go and visit her but we need to keep her in for overnight observation.”

“Thank you so much. It is a relief to hear that”

“I will guide you to her room. Listen to me though; your baby could come prematurely if your wife is under too much stress.”

“I will look after her” Was all I said. I didn’t let on to what I was feeling.

He took my arm and guided me to where SeulGi was, I felt him slow down to a stop and turn me to face a door and he then opened it and took me to her bedside.

“She is sleeping. Don’t wake her” He said and then left.

I leaned over the side of the bed and kissed her forehead, then I left a trail of kiss all the way down her face until I found her soft luxurious lips, I lingered there for a little longer than usual. I straightened myself up and moved my hands to her stomach.

“You gave us a fright, you did. As much as we want you to be here with us it is a little early.” I said with a smile. I then leaned down and kissed her stomach. I lifted my head, it was times like these where I wished I could see her peaceful face. Sleeping, all I can do is imagine what she would look like; will it ever be possible for me to see? I hear her turn over and feel for the chair, I sit down and think back to our wedding day and the first time I ever met her…

It’s not gravity that keeps me on this planet only my wife.  

 

A/N: hey there ^_^ yaay another chapter... :) please comment and tell me what you think ^_^