Lonely Winter (Small Orchid)

YunJae oneshot

Lonely Winter (Small Orchid)

Author: Me a.k.a Jaehan Kim Yunjae - @yunjaehan

Pairing: Yunjae

Length: Oneshot

Rating: T

Genre: Romance / Fluff / Fantasy / Angst

Beta: DeadMoon13

Cast:

Kim Jaejoong

Jung Yunho

Warning: Character death

 

DISCLAIMER:

I don’t own Yunjae. They own each other but I hope I can own them, at least in my dream. The plot, story and poster are mine.

WARNING!!!

This is fanfic means boy x boy story, so if you can’t take it just leaves already. I don’t wanna hear bad comments and I don’t care with your comments.

 

A/N:

A V-Day fics... Well, not a good day to read an angst fic in Valentine Day, but you will understand when you read the story^^

This fics based on Orchid Legend...

 

Happy reading^^

Luxurious and magnificent life could made a person have anything they wants, anything even it’s something that maybe impossible for some people. But wealth isn’t able give happiness forever, because there’s a lot of a thing that can’t afford by money, the biggest happiness for human. 

 

Kim Jaejoong, a young man who born in a luxurious life seems really understands that feels the feel of unhappiness in a luxurious life. With his beautiful face, it’s hard to him to get a normal life like he want, especially his father who want an heir from him. All woman avoided him, feels defeated by his beauty. So with whom he would marry?

 

"Jaejoong" A middle-aged man called softly to his only son.

"Yes, Appa" Jaejoong said who was sitting in front of the old man he loves.

"Jaejoong-ah... When are you going to find someone?" the old man started.

"Appa, can we not talk about this again?" Jaejoong pleaded. He understands what the old man means.

"But Jaejoong, soon you will turned 20 years old and Appa will get older" Mr. Kim explained.

"Well, I really understand, Appa. Appa will grow old and have no one who will take over the

Company, but I have absolutely no interest Appa" Jaejoong replied in a low voice.

"I know my son, all the girls away from you because seems you got your mother beauty although you are a man.“ the old man stated with a hint of regret in his voice.

“Then how can I get married and give you an heir, Appa? Only if mother can help us, but she’s so busy right now.”

"Actually, Appa has thought a solution, but I don’t know you will accept it or not?" the old man said suddenly

"What is it, Appa?"

"As you said before, all the women leave you because they feel less beautiful than you. What if you were married to a man who wanted to continue Appa’s Company? Maybe both of you wouldn’t have children, but at least he will able to continue the company." Mr. Kim asked to his only son.

“Why can Appa think like that? “ Jaejoong surprised with his parent offer.

"I wouldn’t give up my company to a woman Jaejoong, and it will take too long if wait for you to married and have a children, because you have to find a woman who has beauty more than yours." Mr. Kim explained.

"And when it will happen?" he added

"But Appa..." Jaejoong tried to change his father’s mind.

"Give a try, Jaejoong-ah. Maybe you'll find the right person, you've been searching many women, but they all left." the old man continued trying to give reasons.

“And with your beautiful face, perhaps there will be a man who interested in you.“ he added.

“Understood, Appa. I will try. I will go out today; I have to buy food for Jiji.“

“I am leaving, Appa.“ Jaejoong said, walking slowly towards the front door.

“I have my hope in you, Jaejoong.“

“I know, just wait agood news from me, Appa.“ Jaejoong looking back towards his father and smiles sincerely to him.

 

Jaejoong walked cheerfully, sunshine accompanies his every steps. Maybe it might sound strange to some people when a man should look for another man to pass on his family's wealth. But here's Kim Jaejoong, a young man who is too beautiful to his own good, many women dislike him because his face is too beautiful and was reluctant to marry him.

 

Jaejoong didn’t want to continue his parent legacy, because he wanted to live in his own way and the Kim family gladly fulfills his desire. Although it’s only in one condition, he must find someone decent to replace him. And to get their trust, Jaejoong must be willing to marry them although the person is a man like him too.  

 

His steps stopped when he saw the usual small shop where he always buys food for Jiji, his cat. Cheerfully Jaejoong entered the small shop. This shop sells a lot of variety of goods. Without looking too long, Jaejoong already know where is the cat food stored.

 

He trying to take the cat food box that he usually buy for Jiji, but seems the place was too high. He needs to tiptoe to reach it. Sometimes Jaejoong cursed his height that is not too high for a guy, according to him, as now he cursed himself that he is too short for his liking. Most of his friends higher than him, including Changmin which is two years younger. He was quite shocked.

 

"Damn! Since when the box is up there?" He cursed after trying to reach the box for several times.

"Although if Junsu come with me, he's not going to help." he muttered annoyed.

 

Jaejoong kept mumbling and cursed himself as he kept trying to grab the cat food box, until he felt warmth that came behind his body. Jaejoong tried to turn around to see where the warmth came from, but what he found was a strapping body, until finally the young man lowered his head and stared at him.

 

“You want to take this?" the man asked and smiled at Jaejoong

"Wow!" Jaejoong startled unconsciously see the handsomeness in front of him.

"Yes?" The young man asked confused at his reaction

"I like you! Marry me! "Jaejoong pleaded suddenly.

"Huh?" the young man seems shocked.

"Marry me!" Jaejoong pleaded again firmly this time when he still hasn’t received any answer from the young man.

"Let’s talk somewhere else" the young man said when he feels people around started to look at them.

"Yoochun, excuse me." he shouted to another man who was swept the corridor.

 

The handsome young man soon dragged the guy in front of him and brought him into his usual spot for lunch. He quickly seats the guy under a shady orchid tree and sits beside him. He put the cat food box that he had brought earlier on his other side.

 

"What do you mean-"

"Marry me!" Jaejoong again expressed his wish and interrupt the handsome man.

"Hey! What do you mean by married? I don’t even know who you are!" the young man exclaimed, feels annoyed with Jaejoong words that never changed since the first time.

"What’s your name?" He asked a little calm, starring at the beautiful man.

"I'm Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong, and you?" Jaejoong asked back cheerfully.

"I'm Jung Yunho. Wha—"

"Are you new? I've never seen you before in the shop." Jaejoong cutting the man named Yunho words again.

"Yes, I've just arrived from Gwangju a few days ago and my friend offered me to work in the shop..." Yunho stopped and he began to think.

"Wait, why should I introduce myself? You are the one who should do it!“ he continued slightly annoyed.

"My name is Kim Jaejoong and I always buy food for Jiji in that shop." Jaejoong explained and staring at Yunho full of hope.

"Jiji?" Yunho asked confusedly.

"My cat. Jiji is very smart, and his fur is really soft, I love to hugs him whe—“

"And what do you mean by ask me to marry you?" Yunho cut his babbling about his beloved cat.

"That's... I have a reason" Jaejoong said and looked down slightly.

"What's that?" Yunho asked felt a little sorry to see the pleading face of the man before him.

 

Jaejoong looked at Yunho with slightly mixed feelings between doubt, hope, sadness and fear. Slowly he explains to the handsome man that he just met a few minutes ago about his act earlier, started from his wishes and a condition from his parents.

 

"So, will you marry me?" Jaejoong asked with pleading gaze and holds Yunho’s hand.

"He- hey!" Yunho tried to decline him gently.

"Only you can help me" Jaejoong pleaded again with a smile on his face trying to seduce the man and bring Yunho’s hand into his chest.

"Why should I?" Yunho turned his face feels a bit reluctant to stare at the gorgeous man in front of him, he began to feel hesitant to reject.

"Because I like you! No, I love you. I love you at the first sight." Jaejoong replied cheerfully.

"You believe in a stupid thing like that?" Yunho said trying to deny his own heart that actually has a quite interested into this gorgeous man.

"Of course, I’ve believed it." Jaejoong replies

"Yunho-ah, marry me, please," Jaejoong pleaded, trying to get closer with the man.

"Hahh-“ Yunho sigh softly

“Well, I'll try. At least you're quite right to be a wife" Yunho said finally after thought about it for a while.

"Really??" Jaejoong yelled in delight and hug the man in front of him immediately.

"Yes" Yunho said softly after took a deep breath and returned the embrace, he didn’t expect if the man in his arms is quite nice.

 

Jaejoong felt the same warmth as he felt while in the shop and it was very comfortable warmth. With a little reluctant he let go their embrace and smiled at Yunho

 

"Here it is. " Yunho said give a cat food box on his side to Jaejoong.

"Ah— I forgot!" Jaejoong cried, realized if he would buy food for Jiji in the first place, realizing his foolish and he looked down shamefully.

"That’s you" Yunho chuckled seeing the pretty man act, he stretched his hand to take small orchid flower on the man’s head unconsciously, feels the softness of his raven hair.

"Come on." Jaejoong invited and stood up, staring at the orchid field.

"Where?" Yunho asked confused.

"Wow! This place is very beautiful." Jaejoong exclaimed doesn’t hear Yunho’s question.

"Hey! Where will we go?" Yunho asked again, made Jaejoong looking at him

"Ah- My home, of course." Jaejoong asnwered smiling sweetly

"Your home? What for?"

"Of course to meet with Appa and set the weddings date."

"So soon?" Yunho shocked.

"Yes, Appa is already old; I don’t want to keep seeing him exhausted with work. The sooner the better." Jaejoong smiles again

"What would your parents think?" Yunho asked doubtfully remember who he is.

"Appa will surely agree, I'm pretty sure." Jaejoong answered full with confidence.

"Wait a minute." Yunho said and pulled out his phone from top pocket of his clothes.

"Yoochun, I came home early today" Yunho said when he heard the reply from the end of the phone.

"There's something that I should do, please tell the others my apologize." Yunho said before shut the phone and smiled at Jaejoong.

"Let’s go." Jaejoong order returned the smile and grabbed  Yunho’s arm.

 

Maybe it’s right that’s all started with compulsion and oddities, but somehow it’s feels right and comfortable for Yunho, he feels like having a bond with the gorgeous guy who holding his arm now.

 

Jaejoong went merrily beside Yunho. Seems everything feels easier now for him, so different with when he had just stepped out from the house before, coupled with pink orchid flowers field that he really loves.

 

"I never knew if there was a place like this in here." Jaejoong muttered that can still be heard by Yunho.

"I stumbled across this place while trying to calm down a bit from all problems at the shop." Yunho explained.

"I'm very lucky to be at this place. You know, I really love orchid flowers." Jaejoong turned looking at Yunho with cheerful face.

"Really?" Yunho smiled back briefly.

"Yes, especially pink orchid." Jaejoong nods.

"Why do you like it? It’s rare for a man to loves flowers."

"It might sound strange when a guy likes flowers, but I love pink orchid flowers because I love the meaning of the flower.“ Jaejoong replied walking between the small orchid trees and touched the flowers with his fingers.

"What is the meaning of that flower?"

"Pink orchid flower, means honest warmth and pure love, isn’t it beautiful?" Jaejoong smiles softly.

"Yes, just like you" Yunho replied taking a small orchid from his side and embed it on Jaejoong’s left ear.

"Very similar, a honest smile that comes from the warmth of your heart," Yunho added.

"Thank you" Jaejoong smiled shyly and feels a warm on his cheek.

"And maybe I looking forward to get unconditional love from you" Yunho muttered and smiled to see those white cheek blush.

 

 

Silence accompanied the end of their journey in the beautiful field and bring their footsteps into the Kim’s residence which is still waiting for the so-in-law that has been promised by their only son. Jaejoong dragged Yunho to run faster and get into his house; he can’t wait to introduce his soon-to-be-husband to his parents.

 

"Appa! Umma!" Jaejoong shouted a bit to see both of his parents were chatting in the living room.

"Jaejoong" both of them shouted and smiled at their only son.

"I’ve found him, my future husband, Jung Yunho." Jaejoong replied and dragged Yunho to stand beside him.

"Good afternoon."  Yunho smiled awkwardly and bowed respectfully to the pair in front of him.

 

Silence enveloped the spacious elegant room. Mr. Kim and his wife noticed their only son future husband who sat stiffly in front of them, he put his arm on his thigh and his face bowed. Jaejoong never let go their linked arms, he resting his head on the young man’s shoulder.

 

"What is your name, young man?" the middle aged man asked Yunho softly.

"Yunho, Jung Yunho" Yunho replied doubtfully, he slowly raised his head to looking at his future father-in-law.

"You’re seemed pretty mature and wise, are you sure you want to marry my son?" Mr.Kim asked Yunho again.

"I'm sure, Mr. Kim." Jaejoong smiles and glancing at Yunho after heard his words.

"You know what is your duty after marry Jaejoong, Yunho?" Mr. Kim asked again to ensure himself.

"I understand Sir, I would be the right man for your son and continue your company?" Yunho answered after glancing at Jaejoong.

"Well if you've got it. I trust you Yunho" Mr. Kim smiled quite satisfied to hear the young man reply.

"Why didn’t you tell Appa if you already have a candidate since the first time, Jaejoong-ah?" Mr. Kim asking his son.

"No, Appa, I just met him today when buying food for Jiji."

"You've just met each other today?" a middle-aged woman besides Mr. Kim's asked was quite surprised by what she heard.

"Love at first sight, Umma, like Umma and Appa." Jaejoong smiles at his parents.

"Mhmm... I understand.  It would better if we decided the wedding date now." Mr. Kim decided

"How about the next month, do you agree?" Mrs. Kim suggested.

"I agree, Umma" Jaejoong abswered cheerfully.

"How about Yunho? Isn’t that too fast?" Mr. Kim smiled at Yunho.

"No, Mr. Kim, I agree with Jaejoong’s wish." Yunho replied firmly.

"Then you must call me Appa from now on, you are going to be my son soon." the old man added.

"Okay, Appa." Yunho said nodded lightly.

 

When people move forward with certainty, then time will passed very short and fast. This is the third full moon since Jaejoong met Yunho in the small store, and the time gives good impact for them.

 

Yunho no longer feel awkward and hesitant when with Jaejoong and his new family. He showing his best side as a man to his future wife and parents. Even Mr. Kim gave his trust to Yunho to started help in his company, and since that, Yunho stopped working in the small shop.

 

"Jae..."  Yunho called Jaejoong who leaning on his arms.

 

They are in the small orchid field where the first time they spent time together. Yunho sits under the biggest orchid tree there, like their first meet, however this time, Jaejoong leaned back on his arm, didn’t sit beside him.

 

Jaejoong just keep smiles softly, watching the small pink orchid field in front of him, his heart is so comfortable to feels Yunho’s warmth and tenderness on his body. Caress from Yunho’s long finger and his chest that touch his back are like a humming lullaby for him, until the soft call awakened him.

   

"Eumm..." Jaejoong murmured lightly, holding Yunho’s left arm around his body.

"Next week we will get married..." Yunho continued, sipping a refreshing fragrance of the raven hair in front of him

"Eumm..." Jaejoong mumbled again as an answer.

"Yesterday my parents call me and they asked me to come back home" Yunho explained.

"What do you mean, Yun?" Jaejoong turned to Yunho with a surprised look on his face.

"No, it's just my parents missed me Jae, and I didn’t invite them formally in our marriage."

"You're right. Yun I'm sorry, I've kept you here for a long time" Jaejoong said apologetically, feels become the most evil person now.

"No, I love you so much and I would do anything to make you happy." Yunho replied sincerely.

"Well, how about we go to Gwangju tomorrow?" Jaejoong spoke cheerfully.

"We?"

"Yes, I want to meet your parents Yun, I want to know your family."

"No need to, Jae. One more week and you will meet with my family soon. You'd better prepare for our wedding next week."

"But..."

"I want my bride look very beautiful in front of my parents in our marriage" Yunho order sweetly

"Okay, I'll prepare everything." Jaejoong smiles, finally approved his soon-to-be-husband wishes.

"When will you go?" Jaejoong asked.

"Tomorrow."

"I'll drive you there."

"Sure" Yunho kissed Jaejoong's head gently, Jaejoong closed his big doe eyes enjoying the warmth of his man.

 

Yunho never stopped smile since his first meeting with Jaejoong, the young man in his arms that somehow had the power that able to make him forget all his worries and just give him a smile every time. Every day with the beautiful man made Yunho understand about his possessive side and how much Jaejoong love him, no difference with himself.

 

Honestly, Yunho doesn’t want to leave Jaejoong and return to his hometown, he wants to be with his man. But his parents miss him there, he hadn’t come back for almost two months and this time Yunho wanted to go back and bring the good news.

 

As promised, Jaejoong drove his future husband to the train station that will take Yunho to his birthplace, of course there’s no airport in Gwangju. Jaejoong give farewell smile and will wait until Yunho returned with his family on their wedding ceremony.

 

"Wait for me, I'll be right back" Yunho hugged Jaejoong tightly that almost made ​​him doesn’t want to go.

"Eumm... Take care and keep safe.“ Jaejoong replies, put his arms around Yunho’s body.

"I love you, Jae" Yunho continued after releasing his embrace.

"I love you too" Jaejoong replied felt Yunho warm kiss on his lips.

 

But waiting will still be waiting. Today is the day of their marriage, Jaejoong waiting for Yunho in front of the altar which will be the witness of their marriage. Everything has been prepared, only waiting for the groom and wedding vows to be spoken, then Jaejoong will fulfill his dream.

 

Yunho never appeared, and the marriage was never happened. But Kim Jaejoong is still Kim Jaejoong, he still showing his warmth and pure love, he will keep waiting his love, his husband to come back to him.

 

The little pink orchid tree that Jaejoong had always liked, he never spent a stretch of time without visiting this orchid and humming along with them. His love is still there, even though he has been waiting for a year, the orchids already bloom and grew up. Only Jaejoong who witnessed the changes.

 

One year may be enough time for him to wait and seems understand about his worry, God stopped his time and worries, took his soul to the sky with Him. Jaejoong ended his waiting and gone with his hurt. All was end. 

 

With compassion of the Creator change his body which lay in the orchid flowers field became one among all of them, a large pink orchid tree as a symbol of hope.

-

-

 

This winter Yunho back on this big city. It wasn’t his want to remain in his hometown and leave all of his dreams in this big city, but his parents was in misery, forcing him to stay there, and now more than a year has passed. Yunho really miss him, his beautiful man, his Jaejoong, his love, his future wife

 

"I'm back... Jaejoong. " Yunho muttered staring at the straight big road in front of him.

 

Yunho walked towards a large house that has been and will be his house at that time, an uneasy feeling appeared in his heart as he thinking about his future wife's reaction if he sees him later. His arms were outstretched to push the small button on the height fence of the mansion until a middle aged man that he loved appeared.

 

"Yunho!" The old man surprised after opening a large fence to embrace his prospective son.

"Appa, how are you?" Yunho asked doubtfully, he feels really guilty .

"Yunho..." the old man muttered quietly.

"Appa, I'm sorry. I've gone too long, I should have been back since last year but Appa got ill and I had to take care of him..." Yunho tried to explain quickly with fear in his chest.

"Yunho, I understand, but ... maybe you're too late" the old man replied felt Yunho let go of his arms.

"What did mean, Appa?" Yunho asked getting scared.

"Jaejoong disappeared, he was always waiting for you since your wedding day that time. He tried to look for you, but Jaejoong never return, Yunho-ah" the old man whispered feels weak and failed to protect his son.

"Appa, I'm so sorry." Yunho bowed, the guilt in his heart became bigger.

"All was my fault, Appa. I'm sorry," he added

"No Yunho, it has been decided. Look for Jaejoong, find him and bring him back with you" Mr. Kim order to Yunho.

"I know, Appa" enlightened, Yunho seemed to know where he should find his future wife was.

"Find him" Mr. Kim smiled and patted his shoulder to gives strength.

"I will, Appa." Yuho ran and left the big house with steady steps.

 

The cold air doesn’t lessen his pace to find his heart guardian. Yunho tightened his jacket. His long legs stepping through the branches of pink orchid that fell on the ground and covered in winter snow. His eyes looking at the empty field, searching the pink orchid that he always used to rest when he spent his time with Jaejoong.

 

"Jae..." he called looking for his lover.

 

His eyes stopped on a dried orchid tree covered in snow. He walked over to the biggest tree in the snowfield and stopped right in front of it, but this tree is different from others. Yunho sat underneath, the tree seems smaller and fragile without a single orchid flower, only a small dry branches.

 

Yunho started slowly at the dried orchid tree and examining it carefully, only one tree survived in the snowfield.  Alone in the winter.  Yunho rubbed the snow that covering the trunk, some writings appeared on it.

 

"Pink orchid means honest warmth and pure love... I love you, Jung Yunho..." Yunho read the writing slowly, his eyes began to fill with tears.

"Jaejoong-ah, I love you..." his tears flowing down, upset and disappointment filled his heart, it's too late.

"Jaejoong..."

 

Yunho hugged the dry tree in front of him, feeling the same warmth that he always got from his beautiful man, hope his lover can come back and fix his entire fault to relieve his anxiety.

 

The dried tree started to blooming, pink orchid appeared on its branches in this winter. A sign of a love that will never fade away because of a death.

 

 

End

Hope you like the story, Mina-san

This story inspired by Greek Legend about orchid flower

Thank you^^