Momentum

Momentum

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
 



Minji was like the wind when she danced. Nothing could stop her, and anyone that was in her path would be instantly swept away. She could move heaven and earth with just her feet if she wanted to, but she only reserved that performance for the dance studio. A time when it was late at night, and it was just her and Young Deuk alone. Everyone saw the other shades of Minji: the rapper, the singer, the intellect, and the philosopher, but only Young Deuk had the pleasure of watching her true passion, which was that of the art of dancing. Sure, the world got to see her dance on the stage, but they had seen her pre-rehearsed and standard dance moves. Young Deuk got to see the Minji that others would envy if they had the chance. The Minji that he knew was a tornado - a destructive and graceful force - that was unleashed across the studio dance floor every night.

He wouldn't trade his position for the world.

If he was in a band, he would never be able to spend his nights like this with Minji. He had personally sought her out so that he could help her train. First it was a matter of finding her extremely attractive, but that interest had given way to so much more when he realized the passion that was hidden in her dance. Even now, as he watched her spin across the floor - first dancing in a fury to hip-hop - and then dancing delicately to a slow ballad, he saw the passion on display in her performance and he loved her for it. In a way, they were the only two that truly understood each other. Sure, Minji was a huge star and idol in 2NE1, but Young Deuk knew that she would give that up in a second for a chance to dance her life away. Young Deuk knew this because he felt the same way about himself. Once you first discovered dancing, you couldn't let it go. You lived and breathed it and you felt weak without it. It was a life force of its own.

Spinning Minji around as he waltzed with her across the floor, Deuk suddenly dipped her backwards with a smile and caused her to laugh loudly. That was his other weakness beside her dancing. There was nothing more beautiful than Minji's smile and her laugh. He could watch her smile and listen to her laugh for hours. It was the only soundtrack in his life that he needed. Smiling as he pulled her back up, Deuk decided to be a little bold and he pulled her close, allowing his breath to ghost over her neck as he breathed in her scent. He smiled again as he exhaled and watched her eyes widen in surprise before she relaxed and flashed him a playful smile. He was cocky, but she was a complete flirt. They both knew their roles well.

"You tired yet?" he questioned as he spun her around the floor again.

"Never," was her response. It was always the same response.

"You'll have to go eventually," he countered.

"Eventually, but for now I'll stay," she said with a smile like she had so many times in the past.

"You're beautiful," he breathed. It was something new, but she liked it.

"Don't say it if you don't mean it," she warned with a playful wink.

"I mean it. I mean it every time I think it too," he said seriously as he hoisted her into the air in time with the beat and spun her around before placing her gingerly back onto the floor.

He wished he had a camera as he watched the blush that spread across her cheeks. She was even beautiful when she was embarrassed.

"I think you've lost your sense of professionalism, oppa," she reminded him jokingly as the song ended.

"I think professionalism went out the door the minute the music started," Young Deuk countered as he moved towards her carefully.

"Does that mean it's back, now that it's ended?" Minji wondered aloud.

"Not a chance," Young Deuk smiled as he closed the distance and kissed her softly.

"Then..." she paused as she kissed him back lightly, "I'm okay with that."

In that moment, momentum propelled the young couple together and they created a new dance of their own. Hands roaming over each other, and kisses dancing across soft flesh gave way to a furious battle of dominance as tongues clashed and struggled to gain an upper hand. But the two were equally matched in skill, and as they parted, breathlessly, they were reminded that this dance, behind closed doors, was only meant for them.

 


 A/N: I hope this slightly makes up for my other fic! <3