Monster

Monster

2 a.m., lights off. Miru just couldn't sleep. He got up, along with his pillow, walking to the only non-shared room in the dorm, Yang Seungho's. The leader was still up, in fact, he was just putting away the book he was reading to sleep, and Miru was grateful for that, 'cause waking the leader up wouldn't be good for him in any way.
— Hyung~ — The magnae called, standing at the front door, — Can I come in?
— Mir-ah... What are you doing here? It's late, already. — The older one had to use all his strenght not to yell at the younger boy for being up so late, but still let him enter the room.
— I can't sleep... My lampshade isn't working and Joon hyung just won't let me sleep with the lights on. I just... Can I sleep here? — He approached his hyung, hugging his pillow while talking in a low voice. Seungho, who was busy rearranging his own blankets to sleep, stopped at the end of the sentence to stare at the maknae.
— Really? Mir-ah, if it's darkness you're scared of, I'm not sleeping with any lights on, too. But if it's okay to you, be my guest. Just don't complain later if I hit you in the middle of the night or something. — Laughing, the leader sat in the bed, waiting for the other's response, but it didn't came, the boy just walked into the bed, and then both laid down in the mattress, Seungho turning off his own lampshade.
— It's not darkness I'm afraid of... — Cheolyong started, grabbing his hyung's arm, and hugging it tightly. — It's the monsters. They go out in the dark! What if they catch me?
— ... Monsters? Really? — A loud laughter came from Seungho, who didn't really mind that the maknae was getting too close. — But what if I'm a monster too, Mir-ah?
— Monsters are evil. They don't get along really well... It means that if they come here, you'll keep them away. I trust you. — It seemed the most natural thing for the younger, saying that, but the other one just couldn't stop laughing.
— Serioulsy, Cheolyong? — He tried to stare at the maknae in the dark, with no success. There was no answer from the kid, but he felt that he was untying his grip around his own arm, and the silence was made.

A worried Seungho stretched his arm to turn on his lampshade. The maknae was at his side, eyes closed, looking so innocent... It made him feel like... If he was the one afraid of something, he would forget it by looking at the younger's face. And deep down, he wished the maknae felt the same way. He wanted Mir to feel safe. So, in the end, he actually didn't turn off the light. Cause no monster could get near his maknae.