for Taemin & Minho

To Spell Happiness

 

Taemin wakes up with a terrible headache. It is the worst thing that could happen on his precious mornings which is his favourite part of the whole day. Taemin did not recall doing any hard or tiring labour the day before but feels strangely fatigued. It was as if he didn't slept a wink when in fact, Taemin slept in early last night.
 
The burden is followed by muscle cramps. Medical patches are annoying stickers on his body but he has no better choice. The ointments done no good at all too. Taemin was in a very bad mood along the day and could not wait for a healthier morning.
 
Unfortunately, these problems tag along for the next weeks added with frequent mild fevers. Taemin would wake up, day and night, with a heavy body especially his chest and a severe back pain from time to time. He would take  painkillers and extra vitamins for a temporary relief, yet everything come rolling back without vain.
 
On worse days, when Taemin's body temperature elevates than just a mild fever, he'd frequently urinate. As if not enough, he'd sometimes get constipation. At last, Taemin decides to take a day off from work and chooses to laze on the soft, spongy mattress of his bed for many hours of insomnia and excessive tiredness.
 
A day of holiday turns to days wherein tiredness haunts him, punishing and torturing Taemin again and again with that terrible headache he had been living with for weeks. He's too tired to even eat properly. He cannot stand some food odours, resulting in Taemin getting fatter feeding on his craved chocolates and yet, another box of chocolates. Taemin almost rip his hair out when he stands in front of the mirror, just watching himself getting rounder.
 
When the fever subsides, nausea drowns Taemin. A slight bad movement can send him off fainting like a person shot dead on the head, not with a bullet but with anesthetic drugs. In fact, he did, once. His chest was so heavy and it got too painful when Taemin started vomiting.
 
Minho, his husband, could not be happier when Taemin finally agrees to visit a specialist. Call him hard-headed, Taemin just hates the idea of being sick let alone admitting the reality that he is. He is tough, for all concscience he has in his wrecked mind, but anyody can see how sickly a man he is at the moment.
 
The result is nothing else than an utter surprise and realisation. Dr. Onew kindly notes on as he gazes into the picture of him next to a pretty-looking blonde man with a baby in his arms, sparkling to his eyes on his table, "Starting a family is one of the most exciting times in your life, and often one of the scariest. It's a big leap into the unknown and one that you know will change your life forever." He looks up to Taemin's wide eyes with a smile. "Congratulations Sir Taemin, you are pregnant."
 
At the moment, Taemin could only feel the hot tears gliding down his cheeks and the grateful embrace from Minho. For the first time in a long time, he is happy with his body state, knowing that a soul lives inside himself that sprout from Minho and his love.
 
The pain is overwhelmed by Taemin's happiness that he feels fine. Yes, he was fine from the start. It didn't hurt that much anyway. No, love doesn't hurt. His baby blesses him with only one thing; happiness. And Taemin is completely fine with that.
 
So, tomorrow, instead of lazing on his comfy bed or feeding on chocolates, maybe he'll go out to shop for small shoes. And, boy the prospect itself is a big chocolate box of happiness for Taemin.
 
End.