Prologue

Sneakers and High Heels Don't Match

Peijing's P.O.V.

It was a clear Friday afternoon.

I was heading back from Hunan's Girls School, the all girls private school that my mother has enrolled me to.

Jia went there too, and we always walked back home together, considering that we were neighbors.

"Hey Jia, do you want to come over for a bit? Maybe stay over for dinner?" I asked.

"Sure. Why not?" She said.

We continued walking back and soon, we reached our destination. We entered the front door and was immediately greeted by my parents and Jia's parents in the living room, enjoying a cup of tea.

"Oh hello girls. Won't you sit down? We have some exciting news." My mother said.

Jia and I gave each other doubtful looks and sat down on one of the couches.

"So girls. As you know, we have been having some money issues." Jia's mother started. "And we came up with a plan to fix it."

"What plan, mother?" Jia asked.

"Well, we are going to be moving to Seoul at South Korea together. We have already bought an apartment, and split the cost. We will be leaving Monday first thing in the morning." My father said.

"But mother, how is moving in together at Seoul helping us in terms of money?" I asked confused.

"Well, houses here in Hunan cost a fortune. And so does the tuition for your schools. So if we move over to the big apple together, the cost won't be so high considering that the we and the Mengs are spliting the cost. Also, the public schools have no tuiton."

"So what are you girls standing here for? Get packing!" My father said.

We both smiled and ran upstairs to my room.

"Ahhh! I can't believe it!" Jia said.

I squealed. "I know! We're moving to Seoul! The city where all the handsome boys are!"

"Okay, okay, Peijing. Calm down. We have to go through packing all of our stuff first." She said.

I shrugged. "It will be easy. We'll be helping each other."

And with that, we started packing.

Little did I know how much my life would change once I stepped foot in Seoul.