Chapter 1: Saved

The girl in the box (HIATUS)

Chapter 1: Saved

--

“I…Help! Ca..n’t breathe…ugh!” a six-year-old Kwon Aeyoung managed to voice out. It was audible enough, but no one could hear over the thunderstorm.

Over the distance, she could see the ship that she and her family had previously been on, and it was sinking slowly.

Family… My family! Dad! Mum! Brother! She thought, arms flailing wildly, panicking. Realising that flailing her arms around was not going to do her any good, she stopped.

Despite her young age, she clearly knew what she needed to do.

Get to shore. Find shelter. Survive.

She thanked God for giving her mother the idea to sign her up for swimming classes. At least she can stay afloat.

She looked around, eyes scanning for any signs of her family. She hoped that when she finds them, they are alive and not cold and motionless. She does not need anymore of her loved ones to die. Her grandmother had died because of an illness with a name so long and scientific that Aeyoung does not even know any of the alphabets in it. She just thought that her nice and understanding grandmother would have died of old age, or better yet, didn’t die in the first place.

But I can’t push my luck that much.

A wave of fatigue suddenly hit Aeyoung. She struggled to keep on swimming, but her attempt was futile. Her little body can’t take it anymore. She finally gave in.

Why bother? I am doing a favour for the sharks. They don’t need to hunt for so long anymore.

With that, she relaxed a bit. However, before she could shut her eyes, a floating wooden cargo box appeared in front of her.

She blinked.

Turning the cargo box over with that only ounce of strength left, she realised that she could actually climb into it, as it was already opened up.

Without wasting anymore time, Aeyoung did exactly what she could do and curled up into a fetal position when already in the box. She knew the chances of her drowning are not as high as of previously, and she thanked God a second time.

She hummed a tune to calm herself down.

I guess Mr Sharkie can’t really eat me now, can he?

She smiled before entering the land of dreams.

 

                                    //-

First chapter, up! Just a short one, and the next one would probably be up in around two or three days :D

Jong In would come in much later, wait for it~!

//--strawberries