Mocha [the art of writing drabbles]

Mocha [the art of writing drabbles]

 

 

...Mocha

 

 

It's an explosion of lights and colors everywhere with snowflakes dancing in the air at the joyful songs that kids hum as they walk holding hands with their parents. Hyukjae likes Christmas for all those reasons and more because it's that time of the year when he and his friends can press the pause button and not think of the pile of papers that they need to compile for the day after--he likes Christmas because of the party that they organize all together with the help of their families. Mostly, he likes Christmas because he has the opportunity to spend more time with the person he loves the most on that day.

Kyuhyun, that's the name of his lover, has been Hyukjae's boyfriend for eight years now. He's known for being an elegant young businessman that,unfortunately, doesn't look and isn't the friendly type,with his patronizing stares and the hint of a scowl always visible on his mouth. He doesn't like hanging out and especially, he detests going out for shopping. Every year,though, Hyukjae manages to drag him out with him. Kyuhyun would put on his favorite face, the frowning one until they come back home.

That year, Hyukjae's paying for a pair of orange gloves,a present for his friend Donghae, when he looks outside and he finds out that Kyuhyun isn't there to wait for him anymore. Thanking the cashier and wishing him to spend a wonderful Christmas, Hyukjae walks out of the shop. His eyes wander quickly on the moltitude of people's faces to look for his boyfriend's. 

He stands in front of the shop and looks around for minutes until he finally spots Kyuhyun's dark brown head. He waves at him and even calls Kyuhyun's name.

'Where did you go?', Hyukjae asks,but his lips shapes an "O" when his gaze falls on the Starbucks coffee from which the inviting recognizable Mocha aroma of the hot drink is reaching Hyukjae's nose. He looks up to Kyuhyun and down to the Mocha coffee, 'Thirsty?'

'No', Kyuhyun answers.

Hyukjae's eyelids flutter close twice in confusion after having asked if it is because Kyuhyun's feeling cold then, and having received a negative reply also this time.

At this point,Kyuhyun sighs and proffers his hand which is holding the hot drink to Hyukjae, 'It's for you. We've been out for four hours. Your cheeks are so ing red.', he points out, 'Here.'

Hyukjae blinks again, but he takes it, 'Uhm. Thank you.', he takes a sip. Kyuhyun's right, he thinks because he immediately feels a little bit better, a little bit warmer. A smile is adorning his face when he lifts one of his fingers up to Kyuhyun and pokes rather affectionately Kyuhyun's nose, 'Thank you.'

Snorting,Kyuhyun captures his finger, 'Whatever. Just hurry up.'

Hyukjae's holding his Starbucks coffee with both his hands now. Sweetly and honestly, he offers, 'You can go home, if you want.'

He watches Kyuhyun scratch his nape,irritated,'Look, I'd really like to,but I won't leave you here freezing all alone,understand? Now, as I said, let's just hurry up.'

Cute. 'Okay', Hyukjae pipes and he starts walking without knowing exactly where to go,but with the only and firm thought that there's truly not a better day than Christmas.

 

'Oh.. Hey, Kyu,I still have to buy something for Leeteuk hyung....'

 

 


 

I'm back writing Kyuhyuk. /smiles/