His name is Jongin

Our Entangled Fate

To cure sometimes, to comfort always.

It was the only thing she had in mind when she finally complied with her cousin request, Kyungsoo, to take care of her neighbor who also happened to be her cousin’s best friend, Kim Jongin. The later guy was suffering from a couple broken bones after being beaten up by unknown people. Kyungsoo’s flat was a couple blocks from Jongin’s while hers were right next to Jongin’s; it made her became the perfect care taker for the poor guy. She denied her cousin’s demand fervently at first; she had just moved in to the flat for a couple days so she didn’t know her neighbors yet. She could already imagine how awkward it was to be taken care of by a total stranger, especially when the stranger was of the opposite .

Kyungsoo then cunningly used her position as a medical student to coax her into accepting his proposition—which she bluntly reject since she wasn’t confident with her medical ability yet. She was only a first year medical student from a non-medical background family, for God sake! To be honest, at the moment her knowledge on medicine wasn’t much better than that of the average people. However, after Kyungsoo’s non-stop nagging and a promise of his delectable a red velvet cake on her door in every two weeks, she finally agreed to meet Jongin.

A choice she immediately regretted.

Kim Jongin was not just another guy with fractures; he was literally broken beyond words. His short black hair was unkempt, his messy black shirt was crimpled here and there—failing to cover the necessary amount of his bronze colored skin, his ripped faded jeans was asymmetrically rolled up to his knees, and a pair of crutches was held on his armpits. His overall appearance was indicating the lack of care he gave to his own body. However, what caught her the most was his eyes; his beautiful black orbs were empty. He was handsome: he had the well-shaped eyebrows, perfect nose, well-sculptured high cheek bones, and appealing thick rosy lips—but his eyes were soulless. It was as if someone had his life out and left his already damaged body. Fractures may heal with time but a lost soul was definitely not something she could deal with. She thought he was a lost case—there was nothing much that she could do to help him.

To cure sometimes, to comfort always.

She was reminded of the words that her lecturer always said and quickly reprimanded herself. She might not have all the needed knowledge yet and he might be beyond healing but she had to try what she could. She might not be able to cure him, either at the moment or at the future, but she had to at least try to comfort the poor guy.

So she did what she had to do; she smiled gently and offered her hand to him.

“Hello, my name is Choi Jinri. I’m Kyungsoo’s cousin and also your new neighbor, nice to meet you.”


 

AN:

Omooo.... It has been two weeks since I submitted the foreword.

The chapter is really short, isn't it? I'm sorry..T_T My computer was error last week and my new job is taking most of my time. I already drafted another chapter after this one, so I hope I could update next week.

Thank you so much to all the subscribers: kriXtin25, yinhaes, HwangAhYoung, Black_pearl123,  seomate_sone,  kyuhoon,  Seomate_seobaby,  Vanilla448,  soshi9princess, choiSH_top, thebesthappy123, anazirahs6729, Noewol, dearsamsam, HuiQ_Seo, tamagie, seojuri, KPOPfan619, iloveseohyun, GeminiSpark143, glamzchic, bellamolla, popgirl345543, raishahcena, threeinthemorning, Arcadian-Warrior, violet, syizi93, Eycha_sk11, Irina98, ExoGeneration0406, megs519, 24Rere, 1004Diamond, lostinstereo, dcyseokyu. reihn22, seohyunkeroro, Bubblesbbsr, kawaiiikit, asianeattherice, exopanda.

And to the lovely reader, you.

This chapter, and another new chapter in "Through His Eyes" is dedicated to all of you. T_T

 

With many-many thankful love,

himalayancat