Kyuhyun

After the Day Ends

Kyuhyun walked off the elevator that carried him to the eleventh floor of the dorm. It looked at his watch, seeing that it’s nearly 1am. He just finished with the filming of Radio Star. Even though he’s exhausted, he still felt there is still time to play StarCraft for a bit. He quietly slipped his key into the keyhole, unsure who’s in the dorm right now. His roommate Sungmin hyung should still be out doing a radio broadcast, Eunhyuk hyung and Yesung hyung are probably both out filming for a variety show. Still, he opened the door slowly as if someone was sleeping on the other side. He looked in to see all the lights were off, therefore signaling that he was the first one on the floor done with his schedule. Kyuhyun immediately walked into his room to start up his computer before putting things away. He didn’t waste any time changing out of the clothes and tossing the worn clothing onto the floor. He smiled, thinking more for Eunhyuk hyung to clean.

He brought his computer out into the living room because it was a closer distance to the kitchen so he could grab some snacks and drinks while he’s gaming. Setting the computer on the floor, he sprinted to the kitchen to see if there’s leftover food that his group might have not eaten yet. To his dismay, there was only ramen available. Sighing, Kyuhyun decided to cook himself some ramen. Normally he would run right back to his computer and watch every so often to make sure that the ramen doesn’t get ruined. Today, however, he didn’t want to waste much energy to go back and forth. As he watched the ramen being cooked, he remembered of the time when he had to cook ramen for his hyungs.

It was a total disaster. Because it was his first time cooking for so many people, Kyuhyun was confused as to how much water should be put in for the amount of ramen being made. He remembered that none of the hyungs helped out at all, just sitting in the living room, watching the latest show on tv. The only thing he received was a look of sympathy from Ryeowook who had experience cooking for so many people. Still shy about being the last one to join, Kyuhyun didn’t dare ask Ryeowook for help for it was the maknae’s job to cook for everyone.  The water was overflowing and he quickly turned off the fire to not waste any of the soup. Looking at the dish he made, he knew that it will be disliked by the hyungs after the first taste. Kyuhyun quietly set the bowl of ramen at the center of the table and waited for the rest of his hyungs to get seated before sitting down himself. He looked down, knowing that an outburst will occur. He was right. Teukie hyung took one taste of the ramen and immediately threw his chopsticks, demanding to know who made it. Of course, from then, Ryeowook took over making food for everyone.

Kyuhyun turned off the fire, knowing that the ramen he made was done. Instead of pouring it into a bowl, he took the pot and set it on the floor near his computer to eat. He sat for awhile, just eating his ramen, lost in thought. He remembered of how debuting was hard for him. He wasn’t exactly liked by the members to begin with. He remembered that he had spent months sleeping on the floor instead of on a bed. He was like an outcast in the group. The 12 other members had spent many years training and living with each other and now a new addition was added into a tightly bonded family. He had quietly practiced with the members and sang when it was his turn. He didn’t feel accepted until they finally won for “U”. Kyuhyun smiled at the memory when Teukie hyung hugged him at last, accepting him, accepting the 13th member of the family. Of course, right when he was finally accepted, the car accident had to happen. He doesn’t know if it was a curse or a blessing, but he realized at the car accident that had affected him physically, made his bond with his hyungs stronger. Waking up from his coma to standing on stage with the rest of the members as a comeback, it was all because of his will to be with his brothers. Despite being known as the Evil Maknae, Kyuhyun knows that his hyungs love him for who he is.

When the subgroup was created, Kyuhyun couldn’t help but feel that it was unfair. He wasn’t with the group for that long due to his absence from the car accident, unable to create lasting memories with everyone. Instead, Super Junior had to be separated for awhile. Because he would get the time differences mixed up, he would call his other hyungs at the wrong time. It was a sad time to be separated from each other for so long, communicating from China to Korea. He finally understood how Hangeng hyung must have felt when he was away from home for such a long time. It was sad even though Donghae hyung, his roommate in China, would attempt to help him out, making him laugh or even smile. When it finally came for the time to get together as one again, Kyuhyun couldn’t feel more happier than he was then. Now, all the memories of them being together again are memories that he wants to hold and treasure. All the times of having fun at the Super Shows are great, but the times when they are together as 13 or 15 is even better.

Kyuhyun leaned against the couch, tipping his head slightly upwards, just thinking. He didn’t know why but all of the sudden, he just missed being with his hyungs. He realized that the time spent with his hyungs after promotion of their latest album will lessen due to the ever increasing schedules that they are committed to go. He stared at his computer screen, looking at the clock that reads 1:30am. At this time, the hyungs on the 11th floor are still not back. It saddens Kyuhyun that still at this time of the day, some of the members are still working, just working to make sure that Super Junior is still active and known. Without giving much thought, he closed his laptop and carried it back into his room. Then he walked into the kitchen looking around. He’s going to attempt to cook ramen for his hyungs again and hopefully it will be a lot better than the first time.