Week One

Onee-Chan

"Where are they.... Where did they go....When will they be back...?" All she did was sit in the now empty room filled with broken memories. Days past as she sat there and waited for them... but they never came back. Phones rang, mail was slipped through the door, construction occured outside. No one ever came...

She lay almost lifeless on the living room floor, still waiting. "why did they leave me?" she thought to herself "is it because I'm a bad daughter" she remembered back to the time where she begged her parents to buy her a toy, for weeks and weeks she'd ask for it. That is, until her parents were fed up of her and hit her. Her reminiscing was intterupted by a kick to the door. An old woman walked through the door with a broom only to find nothing but a girl. She rushed towards her.......

"What do we do with her?" She was afraid to open her eyes, what would be install for her when she did? Her eyes slowly opened to find herself in a quiet hospital room. She hated the hospital, it reminded her of the needles that her parents injected into her and themselves.

They gave her papers and sent her off... To Daejeon Orphanage. The lobby had beautifully painted brown walls, and the floor was newly waxed. They took her papers and gave her clothes. It seemed better than her old life.... Until she actually walked in. The place had changed completely. The walls showed faint signs of white paint and the ceiling often dripped rusted water.

They led her into a corridor of many rooms. As the other children peaked out to see the new girl she felt uneasy as their critical eyes followed her and giggled.

Her cell was dark, it had a 4 bunkbeds and the three children hid under their sheets as she entered. The woman spoke, "Breakfast is at 6am miss and you won't get a second chance and dinner is at 8pm" as she shut the door behind her she saw her freedom shut its doors too. She heard the whispers of the other children as she walked to the only empty bunk avaliable. Total darkness... She had no hope, she lost it at the hospital, the thought that she would be spending her whole childhood in here... Pained her.

Lay awake, go eat breakfast, stay in her room all day, this was her routine for many days. She often heard the children playing quietly either in the backyard or in the corridor. She had no interest in the other children, she only wanted her brother. The kids often tried to befriend her but she never spoke back. She never spoke to anyone, after all.... She felt that she had no one to talk to.