Round 5 - Forgotten New Year?

Yabu Kota VS Daiki Arioka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

*Hanna's POV*

 

“Happy New Year!!!”

The sound of greetings echoed in my ears along with the soft chirping of birds outside my window. I saw rays of sunlight brushing its way through my bed like saying “Wake up…” in such a rebellious tone.

Yes! I’m imagining things this morning… I’m just getting myself prepared for all the greetings that awaits. I just love New Year's day...

I tried my best not to smile stupidly in front of my bedroom mirror but unfortunately, the music of having my friends singing just lingered through the atmosphere and then stretched both ends of my lips at the same time.

It was the 31st day of Decempber. A start of another day. As I walk towards the gate of our establishment - Johnny's Jimusho, I felt the chilly breeze kissing my cheeks along with the sense of excitement on what things waits on a special day - tomorrow... New Year's day.

**

I entered a familiar door hoping my friends will bounce and throw themselves at me and give their greetings.

However, all I’ve seen are bunch of ‘normal’ people laughing and talking to each other like they use to.

Rio, Yama-chan, Chii, Yuya, Dai-chan, Ryu-chan, Yabu-kun, Hikaru-kun, Yuto-kun and Inoo-kun were talking to Yabu-kun and have their backs in front of me.

I then tried to listen up to their conversation by sticking my ears towards them.

However, they stopped. I don’t know why but they just stopped talking altogether then looked at me peculiarly.

“What’s going on?” I asked, confused. They are indeed acting so strange which I ignored for the sake of avoiding any arguments.

**

Almost 3 hours had passed and all my enthusiasm drained out after I met my so called “friends” that didn't even have the courtesy to greet me.

Yes! Some friends huh?! All my imagination this morning faded with the sound of their laughter ignoring my actuality.

What's even worse? The most special person in my life is acting like he doesn't even care about me. It's like he's not even excited about the next year that's gonna come. I want to do something with him today. At least until midnight. But his lack of interest made me think that my plan can be impossible.

*

"Hanna-chan!! Why the long face?" Rio approached and tapped the back of my shoulder.

By this, I just pulled a face and confronted her direction.

"Some friends, huh?! You can't even greet me?" I crossed my arms and waited for an answer.

Rio gave out the expression that she was indeed thinking hard. Hard in fact, she touched the corner of her forehead and interlinked both her eye-brows. It's New Year's day tomorrow for goodness' sake! Someone has to know that, right?

"Did I forget something important?"

*awkward silence*

This is just the worst! I gave off a heavy sigh and slumped down unto the nearest chair beside me. Am I the only one to think that New Year is important in this place?

"Forget it... I'll just ask Yabu-kun..."

“WAIT!!!” Rio suddenly grabbed my sleeve and halted me on going any further… “I think he’s busy talking to the boys right now. Probably best to leave him first…” she continued whilst having felt her grip fell loosely from my right sleeve.

By this, I raised my left eye-brow… “Why is he overly friendly today?” I asked myself and led my way towards our narrow corridor.

**

11:39am

I just can't take it anymore. The sight of my friends laughing among themselves and not even bothering about me is just cruel. Everything just seems to be wrong.

Wrong indeed, when I found my “special friend” talking to one of the prettiest girl. I have no idea who she is but she she looks pretty.

I saw a sight of them laughing at each other's gestures and then bid their farewell when Yabu-kun's eyes met my own.

**

This guy. Remember when I said “most special person”? That’s him. After talking to this random girl, I saw him walking slowly towards my direction. I saw the bright light coming from the window bouncing off his shiny, dark coloured hair. His fair complexion emphasised his beautiful eyes and slightly thick eye-brows.

It’s just sad to say. I’m in love with this man. He doesn’t know yet. But I’m hoping he will accept me even more than a friend in the future.

But now, as he shortens the distance between us, I just have to wait…

“What are you guys talking about?” I said after I found him only a few centimetres away from me. I tried hard enough not to sound so bothered about it. But every time I remember their scene, all I want to do is bang my head on the nearest wall within my reach.

“Ahhh… Nothing. Forget about it. So, what’s up with you?” he replied, immediately taking the subject off them.

"What’s up? Are you actually asking me that?"

"huh?! Why are you getting angry?" I then saw Yabu-kun's eyes widened by my sudden outburst.

"Are you on your period or something? Why so upset so early in the morning?" Yabu continued then felt his soft slender hands pinching my left cheek.

By this, I pouted.

"Early? It's nearly 12 in the afternoon!! Only a few hours and it's... New Year's Day"

I took a deep breath and just lost all of my words. I wanted to ask him out and do something but I'm left speechless.By this, I didn't say anything. I decide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter