Chap 1 - He & Her

Little House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The one hour ride had been exceptionally quiet. Xiumin already lost his count, he doesn't even remember how many times in the one hour drive he had been glancing over to his friend through the front mirror. Looking at the stoic expression, he knows even in a thousand years he would never be able to register the thing that guy had been thinking. He is an absolute professional in cloaking his feelings that an expert would actually give up to read him. It just plain impossible.

 

His worry eventually reaches it peak, but before he could open his mouth for his usual question, the fine-looking guy in the back seat already asks in advance. "Could we stop here?"

 

"Here?" Xiumin turns around in a swift "In the middle of the road?"

 

Glancing once at him with a thin smile across his lips, he nods confidently. Having nothing more to say, Xiumin asks the driver to pull over at the roadside. Watching him leisurely stepping out, Xiumin was about to do the same when a demand to open the car bonnet resounded from the ajar back door. Finally getting what his friend had in mind, Xiumin rushes outside. As soon as he reaches the back of the car, the 27 years old guy is looking all ready to walk away with his favorite duffel bag over his shoulder.

 

"Kris!" Xiumin called out, frantic.

 

"I'll be back soon. Don't worry," a slim subtle smile laid out perfectly across that face before he turns around and walks away.

 

"Kris-ah!" Xiumin yells out again "How should I answer your mom?! Yah Wu Yifan!!" but to his despair, his hysteric question was simply answered with a wave of goodbye high in the air.

 

 

The long stretched road had been silent for over 2 hours. The only vehicle which had passed by is the delivery truck full of egg trays that didn't even bother to switch on the light although the sun is already halfway beneath the wide-spread ocean. Despite the long walk, his legs don’t even ask for a rest he even confident he could probably walk for another 2 hours without stopping, but he has a place he wishes to go. Nearing the only building he could see around he makes his way inside.

 

"Welcome," a woman who seems to be in her fifty greets him warmly as soon as he steps in.

 

He politely bows back to the woman before he takes a seat at one of the table on the very left. The shack he sees turn out to be a local eatery so he decides he should at least have something to eat before he asks for his direction.

 

"I've never seen you around before, where are you from son?" handing him the plastic laminated menu, the woman from before asks.

 

"Seoul," he smiles courteously.

 

"Backpacking?" taking notice of his duffel bag the woman seems to get a hunch.

 

"Sort of,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter