End

Strings

 

     I was walking along the corridors of the music department, looking for Changmin, I stopped on my tracks when I heard someone playing a solemn piece. I felt calm, the feeling I rarely feel. I peeked inside the room, I saw a student, his back facing me, slowly swaying on his feet. I left the door ajar and leaned on the wall, closed my eyes and listened to his slow and the beautiful melody it gives.

 

     Changmin suddenly tapped me and brought me back from my trance. I was very reluctant to leave but Changmin dragged me towards the building's strangely large doors that leads away from the beautiful man playing the most beautiful melody. Every day that I get a chance to come to the music department, my feet brings me to the old music room. And there he is, playing the same calming melody. I didn't got any chance to introduce myself to him because every time he plays, It seems that I cannot move any inch from where I stand. Changmin invited me in his monthly practical evaluation. I silently sat among the audience, praying silently for my brother. Changmin's name was called along with his partner's name. Changmin walked on stage followed by him, the man that calms my heart when his heaven sent hands those strings. He stood beside Changmin, holding unto his instrument, as if his life will slip through. Changmin started first, glazing his fingers above those black and white keys. The beautiful man bobbed his head following the beat. He lifted his arm and slowly starts to play a some what lonely melody. I felt bad that I didn't even notice my own brother's performance, I was watching every movement the beautiful man did, listen to every note he made.

 

     I have been watching him since then, even now, I am watching him again, lying here in this white room. I want to cry, but I guess, there's just no more tears to cry. God gave me a chance to have him, to stay right by his side. But God suddenly changed his plans and wanted His fallen angel to be back up there, for his beautiful hands to play his enchanting melodies there. I didn't know that I'll get to this point, seeing him lying here helplessly, pale, barely breathing. I was looking everywhere except him. Suddenly, beeping sound was everywhere to be heard. All doctors came in rushing, hovering above him. Hearing the heart monitor giving unstable beeping sound, I can feel that every piece of my being starts to tear apart. I run outside, not wanting to hear, see and feel anything. I knew that I love him from the very first time I heard his beautiful hands play those lovely strings.  I unconciously reached the hospital's garden. Every one is wearing a happy smile, I feel like I am being mocked right now. The wind strongly blows, as if pushing me back towards where he is. A certain memory plays in my head. The moment I brought him here, he promised me that he'll be the wind, the air that I'll breathe. I rush back to his side, fearing every word that is froming in my head. I finally reached his room. The doors are open, machines are unplugged. His beautiful face is covered with the white sheets. I was brought to my knees, hanging my head low while people can only watch me feeling the pain it brings. Still, there are no tears in my eyes, I want to cry, but I just can't. I want to cry, to let it all out for the world to hear my painful cry. For God to see that I need him, that I can't continue living without him in my arms. 

 

    Few days passes by, I found myself holding unto him tightly, standing in our favorite lakeside. I grab a handful of his ash. As I let it go into the lake, I also let go of my dreams for both of us, our future, specially every pain that I felt. After everyone did what I have done, they offer their hugs, greet me condolence. His parents kissed my cheeks and bid goodbye and goodluck. My parents give me their loving arms to cry, it's not that I don't want to cry, but I just simply cannot. Changmin was the only one left, standing beside me. This time, I can feel those unsaid goodbyes, those tears that I longed for to let go. It started to get hard to breathe. Clutching unto my chest, I let go all those loud, longing cries. The wind blows calmly, I can feel it, his beautiful hands carressing my cheeks. Feeling this, I cried harder. I want him beside me, no, I badly need him beside me. Changmin brings me in his arms, telling me that everything will be alright, soothing me as the wind continues to blow calmly around us. 

 

    Strings can be broken in time, but for me, I can feel that it just become much more stronger. Even in the next life, I will still love you Kim Jaejoong and still become your ever faithful Jung Yunho.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

OHMYGAWD! It's done already! Gosh, I wish that everyone will like this! If ever there is a mistake in grammar, I'm so sorry since english is not my native language. 

I hope everyone enjoyed reading this! ^^