Final

7 Years

OMG I'M SO SORRY!!! THIS IS SOOOO LATE OTL I've had it written out for like a month and a half now, but I've never typed it up OTL. Thanks for still putting up with me, you guys *bows* Oh, italics are flashbacks ^^


Henry Lau walked through the doors of the SM building with a happy smile and a distracted gaze. Anyone who knew him knew he was thinking of this girlfriend of 7 years, the one and only tomboy of f(x), Amber Liu. Whenever he was with her or thought about her (which was just about every second) his entire face would light up. At the moment, he was wandering around the building, looking for any SM artists who were just hanging about. As he walked through the halls, he remembered the first time he met her.

He was walking to the vending machine to get some water for his hyungs and himself. Before he got there, however, someone crashed into him. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" the someone said in English. But the person remembered that she was in Korea and obviously the people speak, well, Korean. So she repeated everything she just said in halting Korean.

Henry came out of daze and said in English, "No, it's fine! I'm actually Taiwanese Canadian and my Korean . Are you a new trainee?"

The girl grinned and said, "Finally! Someone can speak English here! I'm from L.A. and yes, I'm a new trainee here. Oh, and my name's Amber Liu!"

Now, Amber may be a tomboy but Henry noticed that she was actually really pretty. She had a cheerful attitude and an infectious laugh. What really captivated Henry, however, were her brown eyes that light up whenever she talked and smiled. Henry smiled and replied, "My name's Henry Lau and I'm also a trainee here."They talked for a few more minutes before Kyuhyun came out of the practice room yelling for Henry to hurry up. Henry flushed in embarrassment as Amber bowed and apologized for taking up his time. She turned and left before Henry could react.

The two would occasionally bump into each other and eventually both debuted. Henry introduced Amber to his SuJu hyungs, and Amber introduced Henry to her f(x) family. Both groups quickly became close and Donghae claimed Amber as his Dino sibling. They later added Jonghyun to their group, and the trio formed the Dino Trio/Family. As time passes, Henry and Amber became close friends and would always bring a happy atmosphere with them.

Henry grinned when he was Donghae, Eunhyuk, Leeteuk, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, and Yesung down the hall.

"Hyung!" he called. The six turned, and their leader raised his eyebrows as their REAL maknae ran towards them.

"....A-are you g-guys f-free at around s-seven tonight?" Henry panted.

The six nodded and Donghae asked, "Is there something going on?"

All Henry said was, "Meeting at the main practice room." And he ran off, leaving behind six bemused and confused men in his wake. As Henry slowed down to a walk, he grinned as he remembered Amber at her girliest.

The f(x) dorm was in chaos. Well, it was technically chaotic in just the room Luna and Amber shared. The tomboy's clothes were all over the place and more flew out from where Amber was throwing clothes from the closet.

"Unnie, what are you doing to our room?!" Luna yelled. But she received no answer from the preoccupied tomboy. Sullie and Krystal yelled to their leader Victoria, who was currently in the kitchen. "Umma, something's wrong with Amber!" Victoria quickly dropped the spatula she was holding and ran to LunBer's room. She was about scold Amber, but motherly concern took over when Amber walked out of the closet with a near desperate look. Suddenly, everything clicked in Victoria's head-Amber looking for nice clothes, her flushed and embarrassed face, the looks a certain someone had been giving the resident tomboy recently....A mischievous smirk s its way to Victoria's face and she said, "Mochi finally asked you out."

The three younger members squealed as Amber just got more embarrassed. The four f(x) members demanded to know everything. Amber fliched a little, knowing how scary her umma and dongsaengs get. She sighed and said, "We were practicing the "Baby" song for SuJu's SS4. Then he suddenly turned to me and said, 'I've liked you for a while now. Will you go out with me?' It's not a big deal guys. It's just Henry..." she trailed off when she saw her members' evil grins.

"Oh, it's just Henry, right?"  Krystal started

"MAKEOVER!" all four members cried.

"Wa..I...Hey...wait...WHAT?" Amber spluttered, trying to run away, but to no avail.

Half an hour later, the girls were done and brought Amber to a full-length mirror. Amber had to admit, her f(x) family had outdone themselves for her. Her makeup was natural, and the mascara and eyeliner brought out her eyes. She was wearing her favorite gray skinny jeans, one of Krystal's off the shoulder shirts, and black wedges. Turning to her members, Amber grinned and said, "Thank you so much, guys!" They gathered in a group hug and said, "Amber fighting~!" They pulled away and Sulli asked, "Hyung, when is he coming?" Amber looked at the clock and said, "Right about now, actually."

Sure enough, the doorbell rang. Krystal, Luna, and Sulli were silently spazzing as Victoria went to get the door, Amber trailing behind nervously. As soon as Victoria opened the door, she gave Henry a big lecture about not doing anything inappropriate, be nice to her dongsaeng or else, and coming home at 10 p.m. sharp. On that note, Victoria pushed Amber out and slammed the door in the couple's face with a "Have fun, children!" Someone inside the dorm (Sulli, to be exact) yelled, "HenBer fighting!"

Henry laughed, remembering how cute Amber was that first date. For all her tomboyish looks, she sometimes acted feminie, like the way her hand covers when she laughs. But that night, she was more girly than ever.

"So where are we going?" Amber asked.

"Well, first is dinner. I can already hear your stomach growling," Henry , poking her stomach.

"Hey!" Amber lightly smacked Henry's arm away as he led them into an Italian restaurant. For a food lover who gobbles up junk food, Amber had table manners. Instead of eating, Henry just started at Amber as she ate her mushroom ravioli. Amber could feel his stare and wouldn't stop blushing.

"Can you please stop staring at me?" Amber asked. He flushed and realized he hadn't taken a bit of his lasagna, so focused he was on Amber. "Sorry," he muttered and attacked his food in his embarrassment. But he couldn't help but sneak peeks at her. Well he did, until Amber looked up and caught him looking at her. She grinned and shook her head at his red face.

"You're so cute," she said, making Henry redden even more. She laughed and Henry was caught up in the sound of her laughter. The couple finally finished their dinner about thirty minutes later, all thanks to Henry's creeper stare, and they walked to a movie theater. Henry hestitated before gathering all his courage, and took Amber's hand, holding it as they walked. He risked a glance at Amber and smiled at what he saw. The tomboy was blushing, but had a grin on her face. Turning to Henry, she slapped his arm with her free hand. "Stop staring me!" she exclaimed. "You're so embarrassing," she muttered.

"Okay, okay," Henry attempted to appease her. He smiled at the effect he had on her.

Two hours later, Henry walked Amber back to her dorm, arriving one minute before 10. As Amber was about to stop into the dorm, she turned and said, "Henry, thanks for today. I had fun." She paused, wondering if she should do it. Then her impromptu side came out and she quickly pecked Henry on the cheek. She realized what she did a second later. Managing to squeak out a "Bye!" , she slammed the door in a stunned Henry's face.He touched the spot she had kissed, smiling. He was still smiling when he walked into his dorm. He ignored his hyungs, who kept asking how the date went. They eventually came to the conclusion that it was a success since Henry kept smiling, as he walked into his bedroom oblivious to his surroundings. That night, he fell asleep remembering Amber's soft lips against his cheek.

Henry paused as he reached the practice room the f(x) members used. He was transported back to another memory, one that was embarrassing but remains his favorite after all these years.

He was about to walk past the practice room when a faint sound reached his ears. Curious, he peeked through the slightly ajar door and was greeted by a figure dancing to f(x)'s "Pinocchio". He continued to watch the person dancing, silently walking into the room as the person finished dancing. Henry slowly applauded and the person whipped around. She relaxd when she saw who it was. She raised an eyebrow, wordlessly asking what he was doing. Henry laughed and said, "I missed you, Amber."

Amber's cheeks turned slightly pink but rolled her eyes saying, "I missed you too. But it's only been a week since we've seen each other, and we text everyday."

He pouted and said, "Fine. Be that way." Then a mischievous glint entered his eyes and he said, "You know, we've been dating for a while now....But we still haven't done this..." His heart thudding erratically in his chest, Henry took Amber's face in his hand and looked at her, gauging her reaction. She flushed but didn't protest, and he slowly brought his face to hers. "I love you, Amber," he whispered before bringing his lips on hers. opened at its own accord when his tongue lightly brushed her lips, asking for entrance. Her arms slid around his neck as he wrapped his arms around her slim waist. They continued to kiss until Amber pulled away for lack of air. She rested her forehead against his, and both were smiling. Both also had their eyes closed, so they didn't notice no less then 12 people standing at the now completely open door. The four f(x) members squealed, the SHINee members grinned, and the few Suju and SNSD who showed up smiled as they all waltzed into the room, ready to embarrass the wits out of the couple.

Henry grinned, remembering how embarrssed Amber had been. She had hidden her face in Henry's arms as the various SM artists came in. He then shuddered as he remembered how everyone threatened to torture him in numerous ways before killing him, should he ever hurt Amber. It was hard to date the favorite hoobae and sunbae of everyone. His girlfriend was, is, too popular for her own good.

"Hey! Henry!" a voice called. He turned around and saw the five SHINee members walking towards him. Key, the one who called his name, grinned as he gave Henry a hug. He was the last of s, or anyone for that matter, to approve of Henry for Amber. She was Key's best friend, and he wanted only the best for her. But he eventually gave Henry his approval, and ended up being one of Henry's closest friends. "Hey guys!" Henry greeted as he hugged the other members. "If you guys aren't busy, can you guys come to the mail practice room at seven?" he continued.

The SHINee members looked at each other then back at Henry. Onew said, "Nope, we're free so sure! What's it for?"

Henry grined and said, "It's a secret. But can you guys also tell the f(x) members with the exception of Amber?" The five guys nodded and Taemin grinned. "This is for Amber, isn't it," the maknae asked. Henry laughed and said, "Yup! Is it that obvious?" The six continued to talk a little more before going off in their separate ways. Then Henry walked to SNSD's practice room.

They had been together for five years now, and they were happy. Even Lee Soo Man approved of their relationship. If anything, he encouraged it. Henry and Amber had been going steady. Of course, they had their arguments as all couples do, but they were never major and the two would always laugh after they realized how silly their arguments were. Neither had issues with jealously, since Henry already knew Amber had a lot of guy friends and it was only natural for her to hang out with them and hug. Amber never had any issues with Henry being with other girls because, to be honest, he was never really around other girls except for work. And all other girls were like his sisters-annoyingly loving. Besides, everyone already knew of their relationship and they were all the biggest HenBer shippers. Fans don't even come close to the way everyone in the Kpop world shipped HenBer.

It wasn't until a few weeks after their five year's anniversary did something major happen. They should have seen it coming. It had happened to their sunbae Se7en, and they should have anticipated it happening to them. Someone, an anti of Henry's as it turned out, hacked into Henry's computer. She posted all of his and Amber pictures everywhere, causing an uproar. Henry was practicing his guitar in his room when Donghae rushed into his room and said urgently, "Henry! You have to see this!" He then dragged the confused boy to his laptop that was resting on the living room table. Henry quickly looked at the screen and his eyes widened. SuJu-M's Henry and F(x)'s Amber Dating? was the title of the article. he turned to Donghae, who gestured wildly for him to continue reading. As Henry read, his eyebrows knitted in confusion. They were always careful, and nobody really expected them to be together, since they were known to be close. As he scrolled down the pae, he read, "And these photos below were posted by an anonymous person. We are still trying to find this person." Henry turned to Donghae and asked, "A hacker?"

Donghae nodded and said, "Seems like you two need to be careful. No telling what this person will do."

Henry nodded as Leeteuk barged into the dorm saying, "Henry, Lee Soo Man's office right now."

Donghae and Henry turned to him, the latter looking a little scared. Leeteuk saw Henry's expression and his heart went out to his precious dongsaeng. "Henry, it's fine. He's not angry. I mean, he's the biggest HenBer supporter. And just know that all of us, everyone in SM, support you guys. Even the non-SM artists support you guys. Fighting!"

Henry gave a weak grin and said, "Thanks, hyung." and he practically ran to Lee Soo Man's office.

Not long after he left, the rest of Super Junior burst into the dorm and everything was in chaos. Kyuhyun asked Leeteuk, "Hyung, is it true? They've been found out?"

Leeteuk nodded and all fourteen members began yelling. Ryeowook's voice overpowered the rest of the members when he yelled, "I'm going to kill that hacker." At that, everyone paused and slowly turned to their angelic maknae. Yes, they have three maknaes-the real one, the evil one, and the angelic one. No one had ever heard such venom coming from the gentle Wookie. It was then that they realized how much this situation was affecting him. No, how much it was affecting all of them. They had all come to treat the chubby-cheeked Canadian as a little brother, and became protective big brothers who wouldn't hesitate to harm anyone who hurt Henry. Leeteuk cleared his throat awkwardly and said, "Well, no matter what happens, we'll always support Henry, right?" Without hesitation, every single one of them said, "Yes!"

Things weren't much better in the f(x) dorm. Krystal pulled Amber to the computer and said, "Unnie! You need to look at this!" Amber looked at the computer screen and froze. it was the exact same article Donghae had shown Henry. Sulli and Luna, who had just read the article, came to stand behind Amber and Krystal. "Oh my god, this was the work of a hacker, wasn't it?" Amber turned to her three dongsaengs. They slowly nodded as Victoria rushed into the dorm. The four f(x) girls looked at their umma, who simply said, "Amber, you need to go to Lee Soo Man's office right now." They she noticed Amber's scared expression and said, "Oh Amber. You don't need to worry. We all know he's not that kind of guy. If I didn't know better, I'd think he's one of those crazy shippers on Tumblr and the like." Then she, Krystal, Luna, and Sulli shouted, "Amber fighting!" and gathered around her in a group hug. Then they let her go and pushed her towards the door. Amber smiled and said, "Thanks, you guys!" before heading to Lee Soo Man's office.

When she left, Luna said, "I'm worried for those two. There's no telling what the fans will do." Victoria patted her shoulder and said, "They will pull though. They always do. And besides, all of us will support them, right?"

"Of course!" was the other three's response.

Outside, Amber bumped into Henry, and the two walked to Lee Soo Man's office together. Neither said anything, but they were comforted by each other's presence. They reached their destination and a deep voice said, "Come in!" at their knock. The couple walked in and were greeted by the CEO's smiling face. He said, "How are you doing, kids? Worried about the news and fans?" The two nodded and Henry asked, "What's going to happen, sir?"

Soo Man smile did not go away as he said, "Well, there will be several press conferences and probably a lot of shows that will want you to talk about this. But you guys don't have to worry, arasso? I will do everything in my power to help you."

Amber and Henry bowed and gave their thanks. "Now, here's what you're going to say," Lee Soo Man said conspiratorily.

Two hours later, Amber and Henry returned to their respective dorms. Before they separated, they hugged each other tightly. Henry let go and looked Amber in the eye. "I will make sure everything is alright, okay? Don't worry about any antis and haters. I will stand with you and protect you will all that I have, no matter what." Then he kissed her forehead and turned to walk to his dorm. Amber knew she had a loving and caring boyfriend. But he had never expressed anything like this. He must have been way worse than her since the hacker was an anti of his, and yet, he was more worried about her. Amber shook her head as she walked back to her dorm.

For the next few weeks, the couple attended numerous press conferences and shows to talk about their relationsip. It was not easy at all. There were a lot of tears and moments of weakness from both. But no one ever saw their tears, save for each other. they maintained a strong image for everyone, even their own groups members. They didn't want to worry anyone and bother them with their problems. Lee Soo Man kept his promise and had everything under control. He managed to maintain the media released a statement that Henry and Amber were indeed dating, and that the entire SM family, including himself, supports them. Luckily for everyone, there weren't too many haters, as many already knew that Henry and Amber were close, and to argue would be a waste of time and breath. What's done is done. There were a few violent fans who threatened to destroy the couple, but some HenBer shippers managed to reach to these fans. The loyal fans of Henry and Amber knew their tough road to success. Yes, all the artists had to go through tough times, but none as worst as those two. Henry had a chair thrown at him, Amber was typically ignored everywhere, and both still had haters to this day. Henry and Amber had never been more relieved and grateful for their fans, especially those that have been there every step of the way. But they were most grateful to their SM family members, who supported them and loved them so much. It really was like a great big family.

As Henry made his way to the SNSD practice room, he bumped into the EXO members. All twelve of them. Then, it was instantly a bowing fest. "Hello, Sunbae," they said as they bowed.

Henry laughed and said, "Henry. Just Henry. We've been through this already. Besides, we're friends, right? By the way, if you guys aren't busy, can you guys go the main practice room?"

Kris grinned and said, "I smell HenBer~!"

The other guys grimaced and Lay said, "Kris, stop. That is soooo not you." Kris just rolled his eyes and Sehun said, "Amber noona is so lucky to have you as a boyfriend."

Everyone gave him a weird look and Henry said, "Ermmm...thanks for the compliment?" Sehun groaned and said, "Hyungs! I didn't mean it that way! It's just that they have such a cute story!" That's right. All of the EXO members were trinees when the whole HenBer thing happened. Everyone said, "Ohhhh...." and Luhan smacked the maknae's head saying, "Why didn't you say so earlier?"

Sehun just grinned. During their exchange, Changmin and Yunho had walked up to the group. "What's up, guys? Having a little get together?" Changmin questioned.

Henry said, 'No, but since you guys are here, can you guys go to the main practice room at seven if you guys aren't busy?"

Yunho grinned and said, "Amber, right? Wouldn't miss it for the world." Henry grinned then muttered, "How do people figure things our so quickly?" Unfortunately for him, everyone heard.

Changmin said, "You have that look on your face."

"What?" a confused Henry asked. "Never mind. I need to go. See ya!" he waved at the fourteen guys and continued walking to the SNSD practice room. He found them sitting on the floor talking and giggling. He knocked lightly on the door and walked into the room. "Hey Henry!" the girls chorused.

"Hey! So, erm, if you're not busy-"

"Can we be at the main practice room at seven?" Tiffany smirked as she finished his question.

"How'd-"

"Your SuJu hyungs are worse than girls," Soo Young said with raised eyebrows. Henry's mouth just fell open in the shape of an "O". Then he asked, "Do you guys know where I can find BoA?" Seohyun smiled at him and said, "If you'd like, we can text her."

"Oh. um. yeah. sure," Henry spluttered. He mentally facepalmed himself. He should have just done that instead of running around the practice room. Well, at least he got his exercise...

The girls laughed at his dazed face, and Taeyeon asked, "So how's our Amber?" They began to chat about the perks of Amber. Then Seohyun interrupted and said, "BoA unnie said she could make it." Henry smiled and gave his thanks. Standing up, he said, "Well, I should get ready sicne it's...OH SHOOT IT'S HALF AN HOUR TIL 7! See you guys!" He rushed out of the practice room and ran as fast as he could to the main practice room. He had hidden fresh clothes there so he could change. Then he texted Amber, asking her to get there at seven. She texted back saying she'll be there, and Henry sighed in relief. The plan would have failed if she wasn't there. She was the main, after all.

-7:00 P.M. at the Main Practice Room-

Henry hugged everyone, as the SM idols slowly filled up the room. As he hugged the f(x) girls, Sulli said, "Amber hyung is coming in a little bit. She's trying to find some decent clothes." Henry nodded his thanks. As the idols settled down, Henry cleared his throat and said, "Thanks for coming, you guys. This means a lot to me. Before Amber comes, I just wanted to say that I've though over this a lot and decided that this is something important to a family. And as I've come to think of all of you as my family, it's only right you should witness this." As he finished his mini speech, the door opened again, revealing Amber. She was wearing something similar to what she had worn for their first date, and she looked a little confused at the amount of people gathered. She shot Henry a questioning look, and the Canadian simply took her hand and led her to the front of the room.

He then turned to the SM family sitting in front of them and said, "Well, you guys know by now that this girl right here is my girlfriend. But let me tell you what I love about this girl. Amber Liu. Tomboy, Dino, Llama, and a complete derp. Beautiful smile, beautiful face. But her beauty goes past her looks. She's beautiful on the inside, more beautiful than most people. Amber is caring and sweet. But what makes her so special is her loyalty and selflessness. She puts her family and friends before herself. She even hides and forgets her own pains when comforting others who are hurt. I've never met anyone with a purer heart."

He then turned to Amber who was blushing fiercely. "Amber, we've been together for seven years. We've been through it all. We pulled through together when times were tough. Never, in the seven years we've been together, have I felt tired of this relationship. In fact, it's probably made my love for you stronger. So, I swear to you that I will forever be beside you and protect you. I will do everything in my power to make you feel happy and content. But most of all, I promise to love you forever."

He slid onto one knee, as everyone in the room gasped. He pulled out a ring box and said, "So, my beautiful tomboy, will you marry me?" It was so silent that you could hear a pin drop. Everyone held their breath as they waited for Amber's reply. Amber, with tears streaming down her face, said, "You are so cheesy, you stupid Canadian Mochi. But yes. I will."

Cheers erupted in the room as Henry pulled Amber in for a kiss. Everyone congratulated the couple and Siwon's voice could be heard over the din. "So can I be the minister of your wedding?" All of the people laughed as the couple gave Siwon a weird look. "Are you even certified to?" Amber asked curiously. The whole room erupted in laughter again, and Siwon nodded, "Yep! Just get it online!" Henry facepalmed himself and everyone kept laughing.

Yes, they've been through a lot, both good and bad. Bt in the end, they had each other. And that was all that mattered.


Whew! Finally done! Though, now that I think about it...it seems waaaay too long and I shoulda separated it into chapters. Oh well. It's about time that I posted this.....hope you guys enjoyed this~! ^^