Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams

 

Kikwang closes the door behind him, his hair wet and ruffled as he sighs happily, leaning back against the door; he was nervous, so very nervous as he felt his heartbeat increase considerably. Junhyung and Kikwang had been dating for around a few weeks now, and since then, they’ve never had any time to themselves. There were stolen kisses behind dressing room doors and fleeting touches on stage, and Junhyung even got as bold as to smack Kikwang’s firm during one of their practice videos, but nothing more. Kikwang is happy, sure, because he has his Junhyung and that’s what matters, but he misses him and it’s getting to the point where it hurts to lay in bed by himself.

He understands though, that Junhyung likes to stay in the studio later than the rest and practice, write, and compose. Like Kikwang with his dancing, it’s a passion and one that isn’t easily replaced. Nor is Kikwang attempting to replace Junhyung’s passion, he just wants to be important too, and that’s not a bad thing, right?

So instead of thinking too much on the subject, Kikwang sits in the center of his bed and stares at Junhyung’s empty bed across the room. Though they are dating and have been for almost a month, they never once shared the same bed and much to Kikwang’s disdain. It’s not that he never tries to crawl his way under Junhyung’s blankets, it’s just  Junhyung is never home and Kikwang’s so tired from schedules he ends up passing out on the couch, or right on the floor of their room. But he somehow manages to be tucked in his bed when he wakes, and part of him knows Junhyung cares more than he shows and treats Kikwang like his precious baby.

That’s when Kikwang realizes there would be absolutely no harm if Junhyung found Kikwang in his bed tonight, correct? If Junhyung cares so much about Kikwang, then one night snuggled up in Junhyung’s bed would not be a big deal.

Although it is to Kikwang, who is currently pulling Junhyung’s black and white comforter up to his chin, his big, curious eyes shifting around the room as he awaits his boyfriend’s arrival. He has a plan, he tells himself once he hears the soft click of the front door, signaling Junhyung’s return.

Kikwang’s plan is to pretend he’s asleep, pretend that he was so tired when he finally came home that he couldn’t decipher whose bed belonged to which member and it just so happened he landed on Junhyung’s. That would work, right? Right?

Kikwang suddenly became a sack of nerves as he shuts his eyes tight, trying to relax his body just enough so that Junhyung would believe him to be asleep. When the door creaks open, he tries so hard not to flinch and for once, it works. Maybe things would go according to plan…

“Kibaby?” came a soft whisper; one that cuts through the deafening silence and registers in Kikwang’s brain that Junhyung is right beside the bed. He hears the older male shuffle around for a bit, the frustrated sighs don’t go unnoticed either. “In my bed,” Kikwang manages to catch as his boyfriend mumbles to himself and suddenly, he regrets it all because it sounds like his Junnie really doesn’t want him to sleep in his bed with him.

Oh god, did he just ruin everything?

“,” came the next word, almost resembling another groan as Kikwang strains his ears to listen. What he hears next is Junhyung’s belt hitting the floor, along with his clothing and that’s when it hits him once more; Junhyung sleeps in only boxers.

All his thoughts were erased once he felt a shaky arm wrap firmly around his waist, and next thing he knew, his was being pressed against Junhyung’s very bare torso and he had never felt more at peace. His eyes widen considerably though, when he hears Junhyung mumble to himself once more.

“Can’t surprise me like this, baby. When I saw you lying there, I got so nervous, but it’s okay. I think you should get rid of your bed anyways, because,” he mutters, a hint of anxiety in his tone. “I love you and I’m sick of sleeping alone.” He finishes softly, almost below an audible whisper, part of him afraid that Kikwang would wake in this moment.

Junhyung’s heartbeat has increased, Kikwang can tell because he can feel the steady, yet pitched beating against his back. Confessing was really that nerve-wrecking for Junhyung? Kikwang closes his eyes, listening to Junhyung’s breathing and it slowly begins to lull him to sleep. But he forces himself awake; a grin plasters itself upon his full lips as he returns Junhyung’s confession.

“I love you too, Junnie,” Kikwang whispers, holding back a few giggles as his boyfriend practically shoots up out of bed. “Couldn’t wait to get me in your bed, huh?”

“Y-Yah! How much of that did you hear?” Junhyung shouts, pointing an angry finger at his lover’s adorable pouting face. “You know, I’m much more romantic than that! That wasn’t fair, I thought you were sleeping…yaaah, forget I ever said it!”

“All of it,” Kikwang giggles softly now, pulling the blankets up around his body. “You’re so cute, Junnie-ah! You always say you’re not!” Junhyung grumbles, too tired to fight with his pabo of a boyfriend and too happy to have him in his bed, so he climbs back in, his arms encircling that warm waist once more. “But Junnie?”

“Yes Kibaby?” Junhyung releases another frustrated groan, wishing more for sleep than the embarrassment he was currently feeling.

“Can I get rid of my bed?” Kikwang whispers slowly, his lips pursed as he awaits an answer.

“Course baby,” he mutters slowly, a comforting hand rubbing over Kikwang’s slightly curved hip. “Sleep here every night with me.”

“Junnie better behave!” Kikwang giggles, turning in his embrace to face Junhyung, who had a mischievous smirk on his lips.

“No promises,” Junhyung chuckles, leaning in to press his lips gently upon Kikwang’s plump ones. He enjoys the soft press of lips, even if the kiss is lazy and short, it’s nice and he loves everything about his Kikwang. “But for tonight, let’s sleep. I’ll hold you.” He finishes shyly, his arm tightening around Kikwang’s waist.

“Ne, Junnie,” Kikwang mumbles, practically asleep already as Junhyung watches the younger male drift off. “I love you.”

“I love you too, baby. Sweet dreams.” Junhyung whispers, his own exhaustion taking over his body as the two lovers fall asleep in each other’s arms for the first night. 


a/n: Well, there it is! I also have another idea for a Junkwang...it's not chaptered, really. But it's not just a one-shot. It's based on the song Yoseob and Gayoon did, where they talk about what they would do once they had a lover. You can find the song > > here. For instance, Gayoon says she'd like to go on a picnic or ride on her lover's back. So, in turn, I'd write like a date for each event listed in the song. I'm feeling really creative lately! Also, I was wondering if there should be ...because Yoseob just says he'd like to have a special event, and I thought dirty ^//////^ So, let me know what you think guys! Comments are love