Chapter One

Impossible Love

Kwangmin groaned as he slowly woke. Something was ringing. He quickly opened his eyes and sat up when he realised what it was. He reached out a hand and picked up his handphone from the bedside table. He checked the caller ID but the number came up as unknown. He yawned before answering, "Hello?"

A familiar voice greeted him, "Kwangmin? It's dad."

Kwangmin fought the urge to yawn again. "Dad? Why are you calling so early in the morning? It's 3:30am, normal people sleep at this time you know."

He heard his father sigh, "This is important so listen carefully, ok? Get Youngmin and get out of that house immediately. Take the car and go meet Donghyun in the woods. You know where I told you to go if anything ever happened? He'll meet you there. There's not much time so hurry."

It took Kwangmin a moment to digest what he was hearing. "What?" he asked, sounding confused and sleepy.

There is a group of people who want to hurt you and your brother, and they're coming after the two of you to get to me. You have to leave and go where I told you to. Donghyun will explain everything to you." There was something in his father's tone which didn't make him question him again.

There was a faint beep as Mr Jo hung up.

Kwangmin did the same before quickly getting out of bed. He was wide awake now after hearing his dad's urgent words. He walked over to his wardrobe and was about to grab some clothes when he heard a car pull up in the driveway. It couldn't be Mr Jo since he was currently on a business trip in Japan.

Crap, he thought. They're here already.

There was no time to get dressed now. He ran to his brother's room which was next door. He burst through the door and ran to the sleeping figure.

"Youngmin," he said as he slightly shook his twin. "Wake up."

Youngmin opened his eyes sleepily, groaning slightly. "Kwangmin? Why are you here? I was sleeping."

Kwangmin took his hand, "We have to go."

Youngmin simply stared at him, "What? What are you talking about? Where do we have to go?"

Before Kwangmin could answer there was the audible sound of shouting followed by the sound of a gun being fired.

Youngmin quickly stood, looking quite alarmed. "What's going on?" he asked, demanding for an explanation.

Kwangmin looked at him with a serious expression, "There's no time to explain right now. I'll tell you later...if we're still alive." He was still holding his brother's hand as he led him out of the room.

The commotion from the first floor was getting louder and closer.

They ran into an old maid in the hallway. "Young Masters," she said quietly and handed Kwangmin a set of keys. "Here are the keys to the car. Your father told me you'd need them."

"Thank you," Kwangmin said, managing a small smile.

"You need to leave quickly," the maid told them. "Exit through the servants' entrance. It's the safest way."

Youngmin looked at her with a worried expression, "But what about you? And the others?"

The old woman smiled softly, "We'll be ok."

Kwangmin glanced at him brother and sighed, hating that they were unable to protect their servants. He could tell it was especially bothering his Youngmin. He pulled him along quickly.

The two of them soon arrived in front of the servants' entrance. Kwangmin opened the doors and ran out, Youngmin by his side.

Luckily, the car was parked close by. Kwangmin was about to press the button on the keys when Youngmin stopped him.

"Don't press the button," the blonde haired boy told him. "It makes a beeping sounds." He'd dyed his hair blonde so people could tell them apart.

Kwangmin nodded, "Good thinking." He pushed the key into the slot and turned it. The only sound it made was a faint click, not loud enough to hear from inside the large mansion.

He got into the drivers seat and closed the door as his brother got into the passenger seat beside him.

Youngmin fastened his seat belt and Kwangmin did the same as he started the engine. He then quickly and carefully pulled out of the driveway.

The sound of the car caused some yells to emit from inside the mansion.

A worried Kwangmin turned to his younger brother, " They've heard us..."

Kwangmin smiled reassuringly, "Don't worry. If I drive fast they won't be able to catch us."

Youngmin gulped and nodded nervously.

Kwangmin stepped on the gas and drove away from the mansion.