Thunder

A Series of Kyuhae One Shots

 

BOOM. BOOM.

Donghae looked up from his book and raised an eyebrow. "Storms.." he muttered to himself, turning his attention back to the page. He didn't mind storms, though. It felt so comfortable being in his warm bed with a good book as he listened to the rain and thunder outside. His bed somehow felt safer, warmer.

His door opened.

In came a trembling Kyuhyun.

"Kyu?"

"H-hey hyung.." the younger man replied, closing the door behind him. He looked pale.

"You can come in," Donghae laughed. "You don't have to stick by the doorway."

Kyuhyun smiled nervously and took a step forward. There was another boom of thunder and in a blink of an eye, he yelped and scrambled to Donghae's bed, getting under the sheets.

"You're scared of thunder." Donghae noted. Kyuhyun suddenly reappeared from beneath the sheets.

“Am not.” He said stubbornly with a glare. “I’m not scared at all.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah!”

“Then shouldn’t you be in your own room? Playing your games?”

Kyuhyun huffed and crossed his arms. “I just.. I just wanted some company was all.”

Donghae smirked. “My company? Wow, you must like me a lot!”

The maknae’s eyes widened in horror and for a moment he thought that Donghae knew of his secret. But then he realized his hyung was merely teasing him, but couldn’t stop the blush from adorning his cheeks. “Sh-shut up, hyung! You’re my least favorite hyung. It-it’s cause e-everyone else is out.”

Before Donghae could reply, there was another bout of thunder. And another yelp. And this time, he found two arms around his torso and a head tucked under his chin. He couldn’t help but laugh. “Kyuhyun! Just admit you’re scared. It’s okay!”

“I’m not scared, dammit! Stop it!” Kyuhyun answered, but tightened his grip on his hyung as more thunder boomed. But he added anyway, “And I’m only in here ‘cause I’m bored.”

“Okay, okay.” Donghae conceded. “You’re not scared of thunder. And you’re not here for my company.”

Donghae felt Kyuhyun nod. “That’s right, hyung. I’m glad we’ve reached an understanding.”

The older man didn’t reply and instead wrapped his arms protectively around Kyuhyun.. He kissed the top of Kyuhyun’s head and sighed contently. Donghae preferred being with Kyuhyun like this during a storm, rather than with his book. This was much more comfortable. As the minutes ticked by and the storm slowly subsided, he wondered how he failed to notice the younger male’s fear of thunder before.

“Hey, Kyu?”

Kyuhyun, who was on the brink of falling asleep, merely grunted in response.

“What’d you do during other storms? Not that I’m saying you’re scared of thunder or anything.”

“…”

“Well?”

“Sungmin-hyung was always there..” Kyuhyun mumbled. He had made Sungmin swear not to tell anyone about it.

Donghae felt a pang of jealousy course through him. “Well he’s not going to be there anymore, Kyu.”

Kyuhyun pulled away and furrowed his eyebrows. “What are you saying, Donghae-hyung?”

“I’m saying,” Donghae stated, pulling Kyuhyun back into an embrace. “That you’re going to come to be from now on when there are storms. Don’t go to Sungmin-hyung anymore.”

“What? Why? Sungmin-hyung—“

“I said no more.”

“But Sungmin-hyung—“

“Enough about Sungming-hyung!” Donghae cut Kyuhyun off rather loudly. “I don’t like it when other people touch my property.”

Kyuhyun remained silent, stunned. He was about to pull away when he was suddenly flipped over and saw Donghae’s eyes staring right back at him. He opened to his mouth to speak when suddenly, he felt a pair of soft lips against his own and he felt a tongue sneak into his mouth.

Donghae-hyung was kissing him. Oh. God. Hyung is kissing me.

Kyuhyun eagerly kissed back and let Donghae’s hand travel under his shirt. Because, hey. He had been waiting for a moment like this for, like, ever. He let out a groan as he felt Donghae’s lips travel down to his neck. But then it all abruptly stopped.

“Hy-hyung..” Kyuhyun panted. “D-don’t st-stop—“

“No more going to Sungmin-hyung during storms. You’re only coming to me because you’re mine. Say it and I’ll continue.” Donghae demanded.

Kyuhyun felt himself turn red, but repeated anyway. “N-no more S-Sungmin-hyung.. I-I’m D-donghae-hyung’s..”

“Good boy.”

Donghae resumed marking Kyuhyun before capturing the younger’s lips once more. “All mine,” he mumbled against Kyuhyun’s lips.

Kyuhyun never took Donghae-hyung to be the possessive type. But he really, really liked it, he realized. Normally, he would have argued and complained about his masculinity being at stake with a snarky comment or two, but with Donghae-hyung, he didn’t mind being dominated at all.

He couldn’t linger on these thoughts for long, though. The storm came back in full force and it seemed to have brought back a thunderstorm with it.

Donghae felt Kyuhyun jump (almost violently) in fear from under him and pulled away, laughing loudly. Kyuhyun pouted from underneath and weakly slapped Donghae’s chest. “Don’t laugh at my fears.”

“Aha!” Donghae exclaimed. “So you are scared of thunder!”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as he realized his error. His mind went through a series of ways out of the situation before it settled on one. He mumbled a ‘shut up’ and pulled Donghae by his shirt into another kiss. Things progressed from there.

He thought it was a pretty good decision, if he did say so himself.


An overused, fluffy idea to start of the series. Yeah... there's a thunderstorm right now.

NOW TELL ME WHAT NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED ):<