Grass Angels

Grass Angels

 

“Are we…nearly…there?” puffed Baekhyun, stopping to catch his breath for a second, before collapsing onto the soft green grass.

 

Chanyeol turned around, his lips curving into a smile as he watched his boyfriend move his arms and legs about in a ‘starfish-like’ manner.

 

“Uhhhh…Bae?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol asked curiously, shrugging off his heavy backpack and lying next to him on the ground.

 

“Making a grass angel,” Baekhyun replied simply, as if the answer was obvious. “Instead of making snow angels when I was younger, I made grass angels.”

 

Oh…”

 

You are the most adorable creature that I have ever had the pleasure of being around.

 

“Do you think that I am weird?” Baekhyun asked, rolling over so that their eyes were level.

 

Chanyeol chuckled at his wide-eyed expression, and with a gentle caress of Baekhyun’s cheek, he leaned over and lightly kissed him, inwardly sighing at the familiar tingle that he got every time their lips met.

 

“Yes, you are most definitely weird, Bae,” replied Chanyeol solemnly, as he pulled away and looked his boyfriend squarely in the eyes. “But that’s what makes you special…being weird is a good thing, I think.”

 

“Then you are also weird,” Baekhyun giggled, as he bumped their noses together and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s neck, drawing him closer.

 

“Agreed…both of you are weird,” interrupted Jongin with a sardonic grin, as he and Luhan came to a halt and towered above the pair.

 

Upon realising that Chanyeol and Baekhyun had fallen behind, they had doubled-back and joined them, not wanting the couple to get lost. Naturally, Luhan squealed with joy as he saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s limbs tangled together.

 

“Which is why we’re perfect for each other,” sighed Chanyeol dreamily, before brushing his lips against Baekhyun’s.

 

“As much as I hate having to break this up,” began Jongin with a smirk, as Chanyeol glared up at him. “We should get going if we want to reach camp in time for a swim – that won’t freeze our butts off.”

 

“How much further is it, Lu?” asked Baekhyun, as Chanyeol stood up and held out a hand to help him up too.

 

Luhan smiled and slung an arm around his new best friend’s shoulders once he’d gotten up, and steered him back onto the well-worn grass path.

 

“Well, if my memory serves me correctly – don’t you dare say anything Kim Jongin! ” said Luhan with a frown, mentally calculating the remaining distance to the dam, as Jongin opened his mouth to make a snide comment about Luhan's memory. “We have about twenty minutes to go before we reach our camping area – just another couple of hills to cross.”

 

“Oh…and thanks, by the way, for inviting me here,” said Baekhyun with a cute smile. “Your parent’s farm is lovely…and big.”

 

He gazed wide-eyed at the rolling hills, covered with soft blades of green grass and dotted with trees. The sun was beaming down from the cloudless azure sky, illuminating the picturesque surroundings with a warm golden glow. A couple of stray livestock wandered through the grassy meadow, occasionally bellowing to each other.

 

This is such a beautiful place, Baekhyun thought, as his eyes roved the property. Luhan was so lucky to have grown up here.

 

“You’re welcome,” Luhan replied with a smile, as his eyes roamed across the land. “Yeah, it’s quite big, but it’s my favourite place in the world, and I’m glad that I can share it with those I care about.”

 

Baekhyun beamed at him and hugged him tightly, pleased that he was able to become close with his boyfriend’s friends, and that they liked having him around.

 

“Alright-y, let’s go!” grinned Jongin, coming up behind them, now sporting Chanyeol’s camping backpack, filled with the necessities for their overnight stay by the dam, while holding out his own (much lighter) backpack for Luhan to take.

 

“Bae…I can carry you,” said Chanyeol, coming to stand next to his boyfriend.

 

“But your back…isn’t it sore?” asked Baekhyun hesitantly, not wanting to hurt him.

 

“Nope.”

 

“But…what about Luhan?” he asked, biting his lower lip cutely. “I’m sure that he doesn’t want to carry Jongin’s backpack.”

 

“I’ve got to build up my muscles somehow!” replied Luhan with a grin, as he hoisted his boyfriend’s backpack onto his back, sagging slightly under the weight. “It’s fine, Bae. Really.”

 

“Then, yes please!” Baekhyun beamed, eagerly jumping onto Chanyeol’s waiting back – the latter just hoisting him into a secure position with a chuckle. “Giddy up!”

 

--

 

Baekhyun smiled contentedly, pressing his curved lips into the sweaty crook of Chanyeol’s neck, the latter humming his pleasure – a deep thrum that sent Baekhyun’s heart into an erratically-beating mess.

 

It’s a good thing that he’s carrying me, Baekhyun mused, nuzzling his face into Chanyeol’s neck. Or else I’d be on the ground…fanboying!

 

Chanyeol grunted, nearly stumbling over a groove in the path, causing Baekhyun to bounce up and down on his back.

 

“Again!” giggled Baekhyun, as he wrapped his legs more tightly around his boyfriend’s hips.

 

Chanyeol chuckled, and hoisted Baekhyun into a more comfortable position on his back, tightening his grip on his slender, denim-clad, thighs, before continuing up the gentle slope of the hill that they had been climbing for about ten minutes.

 

“Bae?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“Can you sing for me?” Chanyeol asked shyly, missing the sound of his boyfriend’s angelic voice. “I heard you singing the other day with Kyungsoo…”

 

Chanyeol smiled fondly, as he reminisced about walking into the kitchen when he was invited over to Kyungsoo’s place for lunch last week, and hearing the pair of them sing a beautiful ballad while preparing their food.

 

Bae has the voice of an angel

 

After silently listening to them for a few minutes, Chanyeol had snuck back out of the kitchen, not wanting to intrude on their personal moment, but quietly vowing to hear his boyfriend sing again.

 

“Really?” asked Baekhyun, stiffening in surprise. “You didn’t say anything.”

 

“I didn’t want it to seem like I was spying on you,” mumbled Chanyeol in an embarrassed voice.

 

“If anything, I’m flattered,” grinned Baekhyun, lightly caressing his lips against Chanyeol’s neck.

 

“So you’ll sing?” Chanyeol inquired hopefully.

 

“I’ll always sing for you,” replied Baekhyun softly, while placing a tender kiss against Chanyeol’s shoulder. “What do you want me to sing?”

 

“Surprise me.”

 

Baekhyun nodded – not that Chanyeol could see it – and closed his eyes in concentration, trying to think of a song. His face lit up, plump pink lips curving into a smile, with his eyes crinkling around the corners, as the perfect song popped into his head.

 

Opening his mouth, Baekhyun broke into song, the notes loud and clear, as he tried to convey every emotion that he felt whenever he even thought of his beloved Chanyeol.

 

“Well you done, done me and you bet I felt it,

I tried to be chilled but you're so hot that I melted.

I fell right through the cracks,

Now I'm trying to get back.

 

Before the cool done run out I'll be giving it my bestest,

And nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention.

I reckon it's again my turn,

To win some or learn some.

 

But I won't hesitate no more, no more.

It cannot wait – I'm yours!”

 

Chanyeol smiled, his heart feeling like it would burst by just hearing the sound of his boyfriend’s voice…and what he was saying.

 

“Bae…” he began suddenly, feeling himself choke up. “I’m yours.”

 

“As am I,” whispered Baekhyun against the side of Chanyeol’s neck. “I’m yours.”

 

--

 

COWBUNGA!” bellowed Jongin manically, as he leapt – not-so-gracefully – into the cool, clear waters of the dam.

 

Upon resurfacing, he shook his head like a dog, tiny droplets of moisture being sprayed everywhere from his water-drenched hair. With a childish grin, he waved to Luhan, who was standing on the grassy bank, timidly touching the water with his big toe.

 

“It’s cold, Jongin,” he whined, shaking his head and taking a couple of steps backward. “I don’t wanna.”

 

“You’re such a baby,” mocked Jongin, swimming closer to the edge of the dam. “The water’s perfect. It’ll cool you off after all of that walking in the bloody hot sun!”

 

Jongin was right. After walking for nearly an hour and a half, in the blazing mid-afternoon sun, to arrive at their destination, a dip in the chilly waters of the dam was a nice way to cool down.

 

“C’mon, Luhan,” encouraged Chanyeol, untangling his hand from Baekhyun and walking to the water’s edge, his toes curling over. “Jongin’s right – for once!”

 

Hey! I heard that,” growled Jongin, only ‘mock-angrily’. “I’m always right. Even when I’m wrong, I’m right!”

 

“That doesn’t even make sense,” chuckled Chanyeol, as he slipped his striped polo shirt – a fashion disaster, according to Luhan and Baekhyun – over his head, before flinging it onto the ground near his feet.

 

“It makes perfect sense,” retorted Jongin, before splashing his friend with a ‘tsunami’ worth of water.

 

“You’re gonna pay for that,” grinned Chanyeol devilishly, raising his arms over his head and stretching – not noticing Baekhyun’s wide-eyed and slack-jawed appearance as he stared at his half-clad torso.

 

Luhan snickered and indicated for Baekhyun to wipe the drool from his mouth, the latter mimicking the action before glaring at Luhan when he realised that his friend was only teasing him.

 

Can you blame me? He thought with sigh, his eyes trailing over his boyfriend’s well-defined chest, shoulders and arms. Chanyeol is hot!

 

“Doubtful,” laughed Jongin – interrupting Baekhyun’s daydreaming – before turning around and swimming to the other side of the dam.

 

“Challenge accepted,” said Chanyeol, as he jumped into the water – splashing Luhan and Baekhyun, much to their annoyance – before speedily heading after his friend, intent on getting revenge.

 

“Should we join those idiots?” asked Luhan reluctantly, watching as Chanyeol caught up to Jongin, put him into a headlock, and started to not-so-gently punch him. “They look as if they’re playing ‘Catch and Bash’.”

 

“I suppose so…it should be fun,” Baekhyun sighed, wrenching his eyes off Chanyeol, before removing his shirt and slipping into the dam, inwardly shrieking at the sudden chill.

 

“Emphasis on the ‘should’,” muttered Luhan, as he too, took off his shirt and slid into the water. “HOLY JESUS THIS IS FREAKIN’ COLD!”

 

Both Jongin and Chanyeol stopped beating each other up at the sound of Luhan’s frantic shout, and laughed before quickly swimming over to their shivering boyfriends.

 

“C-Cold,” mumbled Luhan, as he wrapped his arms and legs around Jongin, trying to absorb some of his body warmth.

 

“You’ll stop feeling cold in a couple of minutes,” he replied, as he embraced him, and started pressing gentle kisses onto his goosebump-covered shoulder, while rubbing his hands up and down Luhan’s back soothingly.

 

“Are you cold, Bae?” asked Chanyeol, holding out his arms, ready to hug his trembling boyfriend.

 

“N-No,” murmured Baekhyun, as he gratefully swam into Chanyeol’s waiting arms and, like Luhan, wrapped himself around him in an attempt to get warm.

 

“Liar,” chuckled Chanyeol, kissing the top of Baekhyun’s damp head and cuddling him tightly. “Do you want to get out?”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Come on then,” smiled Chanyeol, before he paddled to the edge of the dam, still cradling Baekhyun in his arms.

 

“You too, Lu?” asked Jongin softly, realising that Luhan wasn’t that tolerant to the cold and not wanting his boyfriend to get sick. “D’ya wanna get out?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

Jongin chuckled, and holding Luhan close, he swam after Chanyeol to the grassy bank. Once arriving, they all hopped out and went in search of towels to dry themselves off.

 

“Here,” said Chanyeol, offering a blue towel to a sopping-wet Baekhyun. “Follow Luhan, and the pair of you can get dressed into dry clothes behind the trees over that hill.”

 

Baekhyun nodded thankfully as he wrapped the soft towel around his shoulders, before picking up some of his clothes off of his sleeping bag and shuffling after a muttering Luhan.

 

Chanyeol smiled, watching as his boyfriend disappeared over the green knoll, before yawning and collapsing onto the warm grass. His limbs were splayed about him comfortably, and as the sun kissed his face, he felt his eyelids droop.

 

“Have you told him yet?” asked Jongin quietly, as he settled into the patch of grass next to his friend.

 

“Told whom, what?” yawned Chanyeol, rubbing his eyes and sitting up to face a serious-looking Jongin.

 

“Have you told Baekhyun that you love him, yet?”

 

“No…” sighed Chanyeol, resting his elbows on his knees and propping his head up with his hands. “I’m just worried…”

 

“About what?” asked Jongin with a frown.

 

“I’m worried that it’s too soon…that he doesn’t love me back,” said Chanyeol in a rush, listing his fears that he’s kept hidden for days. “That I’ll somehow manage to ruin what we have…”

 

“You’re an idiot,” interrupted Jongin bluntly. “A real idiot.”

 

“I’m sorry, what?” frowned Chanyeol, confused that they’ve moved from talking about his concerns to flinging insults.

 

“Anyone with half-a-brain can see that Baekhyun’s in love with you, you goddamn fool!” replied Jongin exasperatedly, rolling his eyes at his best friend. “I’m one-hundred-per-cent certain that once you tell him, he’ll just squeal like a girl and then say it back.”

 

“So you don’t think that it’s too soon to say it?” asked Chanyeol with a hopeful smile on his face.

 

“How long have you been together?”

 

“Five weeks and three days.”

 

“Then it’s perfectly fine to say it,” confirmed Jongin with a nod of his head, slightly amused by his friend’s accuracy.

 

“How long did it take Luhan to tell you?” asked Chanyeol suddenly, with a thoughtful expression on his face.

 

“Uhh…about ten seconds after I said it,” responded Jongin, furrowing his eyebrows together as he tried to remember the exact time-lapse between their confessions.

 

“Wait…you said it first?!” gasped Chanyeol incredulously. “You never told me that.”

 

“You never asked,” he replied simply. “Besides, what made you think that he said it first?”

 

“Well, it is Luhan…”

 

“Just because I don’t go around telling everyone every single electric current that goes through my brain, or announcing my ‘girly feels’ to the world, does not mean that I’m not capable of expressing my emotions,” scoffed Jongin. “And besides, I have no idea how I survived before that boy came prancing into my life, on top of his flying magical pony that spewed rainbows and pooped flowers.”

 

“I hope that when you confessed to Luhan, you made it sound more romantic than that,” laughed Chanyeol, before his friend joined in shortly after.

 

“Mate, I am the king of romance,” grinned Jongin, after a few moments. “And I think that you should tell him. Soon.”

 

“I will,” Chanyeol promised, as Baekhyun and Luhan appeared over the peak of a nearby hill. “I’ll tell him when the moment’s perfect.”

 

--

 

With a heavy sigh, Chanyeol tossed and turned in his sleeping bag, willing sleep to find him and take him away. Sitting up, he rubbed his face and looked over at Luhan and Jongin, who were sleeping on the other side of their cosy campfire.

 

The pair was snuggled up against each other, with Luhan’s arm stretched out over Jongin’s stomach, and his head lying on his chest. Chanyeol could hear Jongin’s quiet snores and Luhan’s muffled breathing, and wished that, like them, he could sleep.

 

But his mind was wide-awake, alert as if it was still daytime, and not nearing the middle of the night. He felt full of energy for some reason…and excited too. It was as if something was keeping him awake…or someone.

 

Lying back down, Chanyeol smiled as he thought of the person sleeping beside him. Baekhyun. It was the first time that they’ve spent the night together, and even though they weren’t completely alone, it was still a thrilling experience.

 

Oh Bae…what have you done to me? He thought with a smile, closing his eyes slowly. I can’t even sleep when I’m around you!

 

Suddenly, his eyes sprang wide open, his face splitting into an enormous grin as an ingenious idea formed in his mind – it’s not as if he was getting any sleep anyway!

 

“Bae?” whispered Chanyeol, rolling over gently poking his boyfriend’s back with his index finger. “Are you awake?”

 

Baekhyun groaned, snuggling further into his sleeping bag, before turning over to face his ridiculously happy boyfriend, giving him a full view of his sleepy face.

 

“I am now,” he yawned loudly, gradually rubbing the sleep from his eyes and giving Chanyeol a small smile. “You’d better have a good reason for waking me up.”

 

“Do you want to go for a swim?” Chanyeol asked eagerly – reminding Baekhyun of an enthusiastic puppy.

 

“What? Now?!” grumbled Baekhyun, as he sat up and raised his eyebrows at his cheerful boyfriend. “The water will be freezing, and my board shorts would still be wet.”

 

“I’ll keep you warm,” beamed Chanyeol, showing Baekhyun his toothy smile. “And besides, we could always go swimming without clothes.”

 

Baekhyun gasped in surprise, as his normally conservative boyfriend grinned cheekily at him and waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

 

Since when has Chanyeol been this flirty?! Baekhyun silently squealed. It’s really y!

 

“You want to go…skinny-dipping?” he asked nervously, biting down on his lower lip.

 

“Why not?” Chanyeol replied with a shrug of his shoulders, as if they were merely discussing the weather or something equally as trivial.

 

Well it’ll give me a chance to ogle his chest again…as well as his other body parts!

 

“Uhhh…O-Okay,” stammered Baekhyun, still in shock, as he wriggled his way out of his sleeping bag and stood up.

 

“Let’s go,” said Chanyeol with a flirty wink – where’d that come from?! – as he ped his sleeping bag and followed Baekhyun to the water’s edge.

 

“The water’s warm,” muttered an astonished Baekhyun, as he dipped his bare foot into the dam.

 

“Thought so,” replied Chanyeol, as he slipped off his pyjama singlet, throwing it on the ground behind him. “What are you staring at?”

 

“Nothing,” mumbled Baekhyun, embarrassed that he’d been caught staring at his boyfriend’s chest again.

 

Chuckling at Baekhyun’s cuteness, Chanyeol took off his bright red boxers, letting them slide to the ground, before hooking the silky material between his toes, and flinging them off to the side. He turned to grin at Baekhyun, but he couldn’t stop himself from laughing as his boyfriend averted his eyes with blushing cheeks, choosing to stare at the ground rather than at his form.

 

Well that’s a tad insulting…I didn’t think that I was that ugly!

 

“Your turn,” laughed Chanyeol, as he slowly slid into the dam, trying not to make too much of a noise, lest he should wake their sleeping companions.

 

“Turn around,” said Baekhyun in a shaky voice, finally lifting his eyes off the ground.

 

“Why?” asked Chanyeol, still amused by his boyfriend’s flushing cheeks.

 

“Just do it,” he ordered, still refusing to look at a grinning Chanyeol.

 

“If you say so,” shrugged Chanyeol, obediently turning around to face the opposite bank.

 

Baekhyun looked up to see that Chanyeol had turned away and wasn’t peeking, so he quickly removed his clothes, gently placing them next to Chanyeol’s messy pile. With a deep breath – more for courage than anything else – he closed his eyes and got into the dam.

 

Chanyeol spun around the second that he heard the small splash as Baekhyun entered the water. His eyes widened as he took in the breathtaking beauty that was his boyfriend.

 

The pale glow of the moonlight illuminated Baekhyun; his normally creamy skin looking more like gleaming ivory, making him seem all the more exquisitely ethereal. His dainty, goose bump-covered frame, shivering slightly because of the chilly night air, gave the impression that he was a fragile porcelain doll…a flawless doll.

 

A hint of pink coloured his cheeks, and glistening beads of water clung to his skin. A pair of wide, chocolate brown eyes – almost black – stared anxiously back at Chanyeol, and reaching forward, he lightly caressed Baekhyun’s face, watching in wonder and fascination as the water droplets dripping from his hand, trickled down Baekhyun’s cheek and back into the dam.

 

“You’re beautiful, Bae,” he whispered huskily. “I have no idea what I did to deserve you.”

 

Chanyeol,” sighed Baekhyun dreamily, as he was gently pulled into Chanyeol’s loving embrace. “If anything, I don’t deserve you.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled, shaking his head to show that he didn’t agree, before leaning down and capturing Baekhyun’s curved rosy lips with his own. throatily as Baekhyun wound his fingers through his hair and pulled him even closer, thus crushing their mouths more forcefully together, Chanyeol lightly flicked his tongue against Baekhyun’s mouth, wanting to taste his boyfriend.

 

As Baekhyun’s lips parted slightly and Chanyeol delved inside, he slid his arms from around Baekhyun’s back, down to his hips, lightly rubbing circles into his soft skin with the pads of his thumbs. With a loud moan, Baekhyun arched his back in pleasure, enjoying the sensation of Chanyeol’s gentle touch on his bare hips.

 

Feels…so…good!

 

With a sudden gasp Baekhyun jerked away, wrenching his lips from Chanyeol’s – much to his boyfriend’s utter disappointment – upon realising that they weren’t alone, and that there was the strong possibility of either Jongin or Luhan waking up and seeing them.

 

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked with a frown, feeling unsure of whether or not Baekhyun wanted this.

 

Am I taking things too fast or something?

 

“They might wake up and hear us,” Baekhyun answered, looking back over his shoulder towards their camp. “Or come over here and see us.”

 

Chanyeol threw his head back and laughed, loudly and with thorough amusement. With a glare, Baekhyun held his finger to Chanyeol’s lips and shushed him.

 

“Bae, when Jongin still lived with me,” Chanyeol began with a grin, as he scooped water up in his hands, marvelling as it escaped through his fingertips, before dumping it onto his head. “I would often come home to find him and Luhan doing dirtier things than what we are doing now. Hence why I told him to move in with Luhan, before I clawed my eyes out.”

 

“Awww, poor you,” giggled Baekhyun, as he comfortingly patted his boyfriend’s wet shoulder. “Did you have to go to your happy place when you saw them?”

 

“I didn’t have a happy place until I met you,” Chanyeol replied softly with a serious expression on his face, as he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and tugged him closer, until every inch of their bodies was touching. “Bae…you are my happy place.”

 

The familiar prickling feeling tickled Baekhyun’s senses, as salty tears began to fill his eyes. He looked up at his endearing, charming, and absolutely perfect boyfriend who was gazing at him with the most tender of expressions, as teardrops trickled down his cheeks.

 

“God, I love you, Chanyeol,” blubbered Baekhyun tearfully, before flinging his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and passionately kissing him.

 

It only took a few milliseconds for Baekhyun to realise that Chanyeol wasn’t responding to his amorous kisses, and pulling away he was met with a flabbergasted expression on Chanyeol’s face.

 

“Wh-What?!” asked Chanyeol softly, his face still marred with shock and confusion.

 

Baekhyun whimpered and clasped his hands over his mouth, taking a couple of staggering steps backward – made only harder by the water’s resistance – as he realised what he had blurted out.

 

“I-I…so sorry…too soon,” he stuttered in a panic, as the tears kept rolling down his face – for a different reason now.

 

As Chanyeol continued to stare at him in astonishment, Baekhyun quickly turned around and swam for the shore, silently sobbing all the while.

 

Well congratulations, Byun Baekhyun, he thought bitterly, as he reached the edge of the dam and clambered out, not noticing the cold midnight air and not bothering to grab a towel to warm himself. You’ve just managed to ruin the best thing that ever happened to you. It’ll be a miracle if he ever wants to see your pathetic, needy face again.

 

As the thought of a life without Chanyeol wormed it’s way into his distraught mind, Baekhyun burst into heart wrenching sobs and took off running, away from the camp, and more importantly, away from Chanyeol.

 

Not paying attention to – or caring for that matter – where he was heading, Baekhyun just put one foot in front of the other, as his chest felt like it was going to explode from the agony that he was feeling.

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol was staring into space, disregarding everything that was currently happening, his arms hanging limp at his sides, and not making even a ripple in the water, as he tried to process what Baekhyun had just told him.

 

He…h-he loves me, he thought as his face broke into an ear-to-ear grin. Baekhyun loves me!

 

Finally realising that the love of his life was fleeing the scene in hysterics, worrying that he’d said it too soon and had now made things awkward between them, Chanyeol swiftly swam to the edge of the dam, leapt out and hastened after his darling Baekhyun.

 

“BAE!” he shouted, sprinting after him to try and catch up. “COME BACK!”

 

Come back because…I love you too.

 

--

 

After a while – had it been minutes, hours? To him is felt like forever – Baekhyun finally came to a halt, collapsing into a heaving, heartbroken mess against the trunk of a nearby tree. The sharp edges of the rough bark dug into his , and in some sections, pierced through his skin, drawing out tiny little droplets of blood, as he slid down to rest at the foot of the tree trunk. But he didn’t care. That wasn’t pain. No, pain was what he felt in his heart, that was real pain.

 

God…how could I have been so stupid? He silently cursed at himself, as his body convulsed with the force of his sobs. Of course it’s too soon to say that; it’s only been five weeks…five incredible weeks.

 

Erupting into another round of tear-shedding, as he thought of the past few weeks and how things will never be the same, Baekhyun curled up into a ball at the base of the tree and let his misery overcome him.

 

“Bae?” came Chanyeol’s hesitant voice from out of nowhere, as he knelt beside him and wrapped his arms comfortingly around him. “Please…don’t cry.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head sorrowfully, shrugging away his boyfriend’s consoling embrace and refusing to meet his questioning gaze.

 

“I-I…I’m sorry,” he mumbled, trying to hold back his cries. “I shouldn’t have…”

 

“Bae…did you mean it?” Chanyeol asked softly, using two fingers to tilt Baekhyun’s face upwards until their eyes met.

 

“Y-Yes,” Baekhyun murmured, almost inaudibly, through quivering lips, as a single tear trickled down his cheek, while he stared into the depths of Chanyeol’s gentle brown eyes.

 

“Really?” asked Chanyeol in disbelief, as his eyes widened and his mouth gaped open in surprise, still not believing that this gorgeous boy in front of him could ever love him back.

 

Interpreting Chanyeol’s delighted amazement for something else, Baekhyun bit his lip in an attempt to stop from weeping and looked away, not wanting to hear Chanyeol say that he’s too needy, or that his feelings are pathetic…or that he doesn’t want to be with him anymore.

 

“C-Can we just forget all of this?” Baekhyun pleaded softly, sniffling and wiping the tears from his eyes, as he pushed Chanyeol away and stood up. “Pretend that it never happened?”

 

“Why would you want to forget this?” asked Chanyeol gently, as he stood up and faced his boyfriend.

 

“Because I ruined everything,” muttered Baekhyun, trying to keep the grief out of his voice, still refusing to meet Chanyeol’s eyes.

 

At this, Chanyeol burst into fits of laughter, abruptly stopping when Baekhyun turned to him with a tortured expression on his face. Realising that he was still thinking that he’d screwed up, Chanyeol smiled reassuringly and cupped Baekhyun’s face between his hands.

 

“Bae…it’s not too soon,” said Chanyeol, cradling his boyfriend’s face and lovingly caressing his cheeks. “If you had waited until we got home, I would’ve made you a wonderful, romantic candlelit dinner, and confessed my love for you over dessert.”

 

“Really?” said Baekhyun, his face lighting up with the hope that Chanyeol felt the same way as he did. “You love me?”

 

“Of course I do,” chuckled Chanyeol, relieved that Baekhyun had stopped crying and was now smiling at him happily – as if he had made his day. “I’ve loved you since the moment I first set eyes on you.”

 

“That’s really cheesy,” giggled Baekhyun, wrapping his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and pulling him down for a tender kiss.

 

“That’s why you love me,” grinned Chanyeol, as they pulled apart.

 

“Mmm, one of the reasons,” replied Baekhyun thoughtfully, supressing his gasps of delight as his boyfriend pressed light, butterfly kisses against his collarbone, trailing his lips all the way to the tip of his shoulder.

 

“Do you want to know why I love you?” Chanyeol asked with a smile, before lightly brushing his lips against Baekhyun’s.

 

“Okay, why?” replied Baekhyun with a dreamy smile, as his insides melted when Chanyeol smiled adorably at him – in his mind anyway – while completely forgetting that only mere moments ago, he’d been in excruciating pain.

 

“Because you are my grass angel,” responded Chanyeol simply, leaning down and gently pecking Baekhyun on the lips.

 

“I’m a what?” asked Baekhyun with a confused frown on his face.

 

“A grass angel,” said Chanyeol, reaching out and adoringly caressing his boyfriend’s face. “You’re perfect – like an angel, but because you are really special, you are a grass angel, because like you, they are rare treasures that not many people get the chance to see.”

 

“I love you…so very much,” whispered Baekhyun, tears starting to fall from his eyes, as Chanyeol leaned down and claimed his lips in a deep kiss.

 

“You know,” replied Chanyeol in a husky voice that sent shivers down Baekhyun’s spine, as they pulled apart – though still close enough for their noses to be gently nudging each other. “If you let me…I could show you how much I love you.”

 

With a deep intake of breath, Baekhyun’s eyes widened and his heartbeat quickened at Chanyeol’s suggestive words.

 

Could he possibly mean…?

 

And from the gleam of desire in Chanyeol’s eyes, he could tell that yes, he most definitely did.

 

“B-but they might hear us,” hissed Baekhyun nervously, not wanting anyone to be privy to their first time, as he took a couple of steps backward, yelping in fright when his back made contact with the trunk of a tree.

 

“We’re quite far away, Bae,” Chanyeol replied with a devilish grin, casually sauntering over to his boyfriend and placing the palms of his hands against the tree, one either side of Baekhyun’s head. “Nobody will hear us.”

 

I want to – God knows I do! But if they hear, I will die of embarrassment, Baekhyun thought, silently debating on whether they should.

 

Seeing that Baekhyun needed a little convincing, Chanyeol grinned like a Cheshire cat and removing his hands from the bark of the tree, he began to faintly run his fingers up and down the sides of Baekhyun’s body, inwardly sighing at the smoothness of his skin.

 

His grin widened even more as he heard Baekhyun gasp, and deciding to heat thing up even more, Chanyeol grasped the backs of Baekhyun’s supple thighs, lifting him up, before wrapping his legs around his waist. Hearing Baekhyun’s sharp intake of air at their close contact, Chanyeol pushed him roughly against the trunk and proceeded to lightly nibble on and the sensitive skin at the crook of his neck.

 

Show me,” moaned Baekhyun loudly, no longer offering any resistance, his head rolling back in pleasure, as he threaded his fingers through Chanyeol’s still-damp hair and yanked him upwards for a heated kiss. “Now.”

 

And so Chanyeol did.  

 

--

 

“Hey Luhan,” whispered Jongin, as he silently snuck over to where his beloved was rolling up his sleeping bag. “I’ll bet you a that they did it last night.”

 

“What?!” hissed Luhan, dropping his sleeping bag in shock.

 

“I said,” began Jongin, rolling his eyes in frustration, as his boyfriend stared at him, open-mouthed and appalled. “That I will bet you a that Chanyeol and Baekhyun had last night.”

 

“What makes you think that they did anything?” scoffed Luhan, looking up at Jongin with a raised eyebrow. “Chanyeol wouldn’t make a move, and I doubt that Baekhyun did.”

 

Jongin chuckled quietly, shaking his head and refusing to say anything at Luhan’s questioning gaze, making him think that there was something that he wasn’t telling him. And there was.

 

What you don’t know, my dear, is that when I woke up last night to take a piss, I noticed that their sleeping bags were empty. Then as I got up, I saw their clothes by the dam…without them anywhere nearby. Enough said.

 

“Are you going to take the bet or not?” asked Jongin, resisting the urge to rub his hands together in glee, because he knew that he would win.

 

Luhan looked over to where Chanyeol and Baekhyun were busy packing away their own sleeping bags. Smiling, as Chanyeol pinched the sides of Baekhyun’s waist, before running away after realising that his boyfriend was in the mood to play, Luhan couldn’t help but think that there was no way that these two did anything last night. Despite what Jongin thought.

 

Look at them, he thought, watching as Baekhyun leapt onto Chanyeol’s back and began to shower him with loving kisses. They’re too cute for that!

 

“Of course,” Luhan replied with a confident smile, as he shook his lover’s outstretched hand. “Prepare your knees, honey.”

 

That’s what you think.

 

Oi! You two, come here for a second,” shouted Jongin, beckoning a laughing Chanyeol and giggling Baekhyun over. “I have a question for you.”

 

“Oh-kay,” replied Chanyeol with a frown, as he set Baekhyun down beside him. “Shoot.”

 

“Did the two of you have last night?” blurted out Luhan in a rush, eager to know that he won.

 

What happened next was priceless.

 

Chanyeol seemed to have choked on his own saliva, which resulted in him bursting into a coughing fit, his eyes practically bugging out of their sockets; while Baekhyun’s face turned bright scarlet, and biting his lip, he turned and buried his face into Chanyeol’s shoulder, practically dying of embarrassment.

 

 So much for ‘nobody can hear us’, Baekhyun thought with a wry smile.

 

“H-How did you know?” stammered Chanyeol, still adamant that they were too far away for Jongin and Luhan to have heard anything. “We were nowhere near here…”

 

“I have my ways…” responded Jongin mysteriously – and a tad creepily – as he wiggled his eyebrows.

 

“SO YOU DID HAVE !” shrieked Luhan, flailing his arms about while screeching like a madwoman, as he finally realised what was going on, and thus momentarily forgetting his bet with Jongin. “OH MY FRICKIN’ GOD, I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!”

 

“Congratulations, mate,” grinned Jongin, shoving his spasming boyfriend aside, and roughly patting his friend on the back. “And you too, Bae. It’s about bloody time, too.”

 

“T-Thanks, I guess,” mumbled Chanyeol, as Baekhyun peeked out from out of his shoulder and gave him a small, embarrassed smile. “B-But did you actually…hear or see anything?”

 

“Nah,” he replied truthfully, with a reassuring grin. “I just woke up and noticed that the two of you weren’t anywhere to be seen…and that you’d left your clothes behind too. So I just put two and two together…”

 

“Thank god,” muttered Baekhyun with a relieved smile, grateful that their friend’s didn’t hear them during their endeavour.

 

“Oh, and Luhan?” Jongin said, turning around to face his boyfriend with a delighted expression lighting up his face.

 

“What?” he replied distractedly, enveloping Baekhyun into a bone-crushing hug and squeezing, as Chanyeol gallantly tried to rescue him from Luhan’s clutches.

 

“Guess who owes me a ?”

 

.”

 

--

 

“Are you sure that you’re okay, Bae?” asked Chanyeol, concern laced through his voice, as he watched his boyfriend’s hunched frame struggle to shoulder the heavy backpack.

 

“Yes,” Baekhyun mumbled, concentrating on remaining upright and not toppling over. “I’m fine. I’m only carrying the light one – you’re carrying the heavy one.”

 

“I could carry it for you,” Jongin added, coming over from where he had been talking with Luhan to stand by the couple. “If it’s too heavy for you.”

 

“No,” protested Baekhyun valiantly, with a shake of his head, as he re-adjusted the pack, securing it into a more agreeable place on his back. “You carried it last time. It’s my turn now.”

 

Jongin shrugged as if to say ‘suit yourself’, before turning around to look at his boyfriend, who had recently joined the rest of the group, with a wicked grin on his face.

 

“D’ya want a piggyback, sweetheart?” he asked, squatting slightly as an invitation. “I could carry you back to the farmhouse.”

 

“I can manage on my own,” huffed Luhan, crossing his arms across his chest childishly, annoyed by Jongin’s implied ‘dig’ at his manliness. “I don’t need you to do everything for me.”

 

“But you like it when I do,” Jongin reminded him, as Baekhyun and Chanyeol slowly back away, neither willing to be close-by should Luhan explode into one of his fits. “C’mon, Chanyeol carried Bae. Why can’t I carry you?”

 

Fine,” said Luhan in an exasperated voice – secretly enjoying the thought of his beloved giving him a piggyback, but not wanting to seem too girly – as he scrambled on top of Jongin’s waiting back. “If you must.”

 

Jongin chuckled at his lover’s childlike behaviour, before hoisting him into a more comfortable position on his back, resulting in an indignant cry from Luhan at the sudden jostling.

 

“Sit back and enjoy the ride, my love,” grinned Jongin, as he started on the grassy path, leaving their camp behind. “And please, don’t fart on me for chrissakes!”

 

“Jongin!” whined Luhan with a half-giggle, as he whacked his laughing boyfriend over the head.

 

Chanyeol laughed at his friends’ amusing antics, before turning to smile at his own perfect boyfriend. Reaching over and entwining their fingers together, Chanyeol noticed that the spaces between his fingers were right where Baekhyun’s fit snugly.

 

We were made for each other…

 

“Ready to go, Bae?” Chanyeol asked softly, gently rubbing circles into the palm of Baekhyun's hand with his thumb, watching as his partner glanced back over his shoulder, his gaze lingering on the dam before switching to some trees on a distant hill.

 

“I’ll miss this place,” Baekhyun said wistfully, as he looked up and smiled at him. “So many wonderful memories.”

 

“Yeah…” murmured Chanyeol quietly, his cheeks heating up as he remembered what they had done last night. “Bae?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“I love you.”

 

“Really? I hadn’t noticed,” teased Baekhyun, as he lightly squeezed Chanyeol’s hand, before standing up on his tiptoes to plant a delicate kiss onto his boyfriend’s cheek.

 

“Even if I say it every second, of every day, for the rest of our lives, it still wouldn’t be enough to tell you the extent of my love,” replied Chanyeol with a genuine expression on his face – once again, turning Baekhyun's insides into mush. 

 

“Chanyeol…you have no idea how much I love you,” Baekhyun responded passionately, looking up at him with an earnest expression as tears started to fill his eyes.

 

“Oh…I have a rough idea,” grinned Chanyeol, as his boyfriend blushed furiously at the reference to their intimate moments in the hours of the previous night. “Hang on…there’s something that I want to do before we go.”

 

Baekhyun watched in mild astonishment as Chanyeol quickly slipped off his backpack, dumping it heavily on the ground, before he collapsed on the ground, arms and legs splayed in all directions. His eyes widened as he realised what Chanyeol was doing, and in a matter of seconds he was lying next to his lover, mimicking his actions.

 

“What are you doing?” Jongin asked as he turned around, both he and Luhan staring in confusion at their friends stretched out on the ground.

 

The couple looked at each other and giggled, before smiling up at their not-so-amused companions and replying in perfect unison, still moving their limbs about.

 

“We’re making grass angels.” 

 


 

A/N:

So here it is...the scene that you've all been waiting for. LOL ^_^

Anyway...I hope that you liked it as much as Sunny Side Up and thanks so much for your support so far <3

BTW, if there are any mistakes please let me know because when I enter this in the competition, I don't want to fail with my spelling or grammar. LOL That would be awkward...>_<

Also the song that I used, for those that may not know it, is called 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz, and it's one of those cutesy songs that makes you feel all good and happy inside :D

So enjoy and comment to lemme know whatcha think ^_^

Love Minspro

oxox