My other half

Till death do us apart

Key wakes up to the usual sound of his alarm, and without opening his eyes, he accurately hits the switch on the alarm clock.

He pushes himself up from his bed and squints through the window. Key loves sunny mornings, he can feel the warming light, as if the brightness can help him see this world better.

Key smiles and looks in the direction of his desk, he lets his hand circle around till he reaches his phone. *doo doo~* the call was connected, it was the only number he could dial perfectly without having to look closely at each number for a long while. 

"Keybummi, what's up!" The other side came Jong Hyun's voice, "did you sleep well? It's sunny again, isn't it great?"

Key sits back down on his bed facing the window, he is especially attracted to Jjong's voice over the phone, that deep magnetic vibe dragging him closer than ever. "Eung~ morning Jjongie" Key yawned, "Let's go to the park again today, I love the view there when it's sunny."

And by view, he means the sky, birds, flowers described to him by Jong Hyun. Key has never seen a better world before he met Jong Hyun. Ever since he was young, he wondered how beautiful the world actually was, because in his eyes, trees were nothing but a spot of green. People always came in pairs, and when he wanted to embrace them, he would fall into nothing. It was Jong Hyun who changed his view on life, quite literally.

Key can tell from Jjong's voice that he is excited, "Comin' to get you my boy." With that, Key also hangs up, and quickly dresses himself. 

There are no needs for mirrors, Key is an expert on clothing. Even if he can't see all the details, he gets a perfectly fine image of how his clothes matches the best, and identifies it just by a touch. I guess god can't help but give this kid a special gift to compensate what he lacks.

 

There was a knock on the door. Key squints at the door and rushes to where the sound originated, carefully with arms in front of him. Since bumping into desks and walls are nothing out of the ordinary.

Upon opening the door, Key trips on the threshold that always cause him trouble. He swings his arms back and forth to regain his balance but gives up, and falls perfectly into Jong Hyun's arms; muscular and comforting.

Jong Hyun chuckles, "clumsy as usual." With that Key hits Jjong's chest, "Stop making fun of me you pabo." 

"But you know you still love me, and I love you, too." Jjong casually laughs it off, and Key joins the laughter as well.

Ki Bum lightly jumps onto the other one's back, and Jjong makes their way down the stairs. Even though Key can make the stairs with no problem at all, Jong Hyun insists to carry him every single time. Key is almost worried that he might become a spoiled child, almost. He chuckles at the thought. Jong Hyun smiled, "Maybe you've already realized that I've got some good news to tell you?"

 

Jjong sits Key down at the long bench where they always sat together to enjoy the view. "Here," Jjong sticks a cup of vanilla icecream in Key's hand. "Whoa, how did you get that so fast, you superman or something?"

Jjong pats Key on the shoulders, "Love makes me strong babe."  Key gave his eyesmile in return.

The park is crowded as usual, Ki Bum can't see past the moutains of people that are blurring his vision, so he lays down on Jong Hyun's thighs and closes his eyes. Then he suddenly remembers, "What was that good news you were talking about, Jjongie?"

Jjong gently Key's hair, fingers twirling around each strand, " Oh, that," he chuckled, "remember the times we went to the big hospitals in the city and asked what could be done to help your eyes?"

Key sighed, "Of course, they said that it was too late for correction, only corneal transplantation can cure my vision. And there is a huge lineup for it, unless someone willingly contributes it directly to me..."

" They've got it, the hospitals, I've gotten in touch with them. They say you can have the surgery operated in just 1 month's time!"

Key shoots up his hand and feels Jjong's face, he is able to make out the tight muscles due to Jjong's smile. But he wasn't able to feel or see clearly enough to realize Jong Hyun's pained look in his eyes. "Oh my, thank you so much, Jjongie!" Key exclaims.

"I've got some other news to tell you bummie, I was offered a job as a full time voice actor in the studio I always talk to you about. That means I'll have more work to do, and must stay in Plain Skys. While you..."

Key pouted unconsciously, even though he is very happy for Jjong. "Aww! Congratulations! But, me....? What about me?"

"The representative for your surgery said that you need to register into the hospital by the day after tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to travel back and forth to meet you. But don't worry, I have all that planned out, you'll see me everyday." Jong Hyun hoped that he didn't sound like a bad liar, and tears are starting to mess with his own sight.

Key still has his eyes closed, as he is closely listening to the beautiful sounds of nature and taking in all the events Jjong is telling him. He realizes that he is left speechless by all the good news that don't seem good to him anymore, so he opens his eyes and looks with his unfocused vision at Jjong.

Jong Hyun dodges Key's glance, he doesn't have to since he knew Key's eyes cannot be that sensitive, but guilt and sorrow was overwhelming. "Come on," he nudged the boy in his lap to sit up, "we're going up the city today, let's get you set up as soon as possible."

Ki Bum nods and follows, nothing ever goes wrong if you just listen and follow Jong Hyun.

It's a long ride until they reach the hospital, almost 3 hours. On the way, Jong Hyun can't help but cough, and sometimes, sticky red fluids would flow out of his nostrils. Key glances in his direction every so often, and Jong Hyun would cover it all up. Ki Bum is taken aback when he sees the faint red spots on Jong Hyun's face.

"Are you okay? You've been coughing a lot..." he thinks if it was blood he's seeing, but then again, he can't trust what he sees.

Jjong gathers himself together, "Of course, it must've been my dry throat since I've been up all night practicing in excitement for my job." He knows this is the best excuse to hide his sickness.

No matter what, he knows it's time to give Key his dearest present of all.

 

Key has been silently counting down the days left for his surgery. 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week, 6, 5, 4....

The nurse is taking away his phone saying that the radiation is bad for him before surgery.

Jong Hyun went back to Plain Sky for his "job." after the registerations were completed.

The communication between Jjong and Key is only connected by an old telephone provided by the nurse.

Through the phone calls, it's becoming so much more obvious that Jong Hyun is coughing more and more, Key is getting even more worried, but he still trusts Jjong.

"Jjongie, are you sure you're fine? Is the job too exhausting for you? Don't strain yourself, I want you to live happy and healthy, I don't care about anything else."

"Yeah, it's just the job, Keybummie, I guess I've been using my voice waaay too much," he chuckles, "Nothing more! I am living my life the way I want right now, so you just focus on your surgery preparations okay?"

 

"Hey doc," Jong Hyun greeted the doctor weakly as the doctor came into his room. All his symptoms are getting worse, it's hard for him to stop the sudden nosebleeds now.  He isn't even able to speak without having to cough his lungs out. "Hello, Jong Hyun. How have you been holding up? It's really a miracle that you've stayed strong until now. You were the most optimistic terminally-iilled patient I've seen all my life." Jong Hyun laughed, but it turned into a harse cough, "... love makes you strong." he smiled.

The doctor looks at Jong Hyun with obvious dismay and he injects another shot of painkillers into Jong Hyun's veins. It was the least he can do, the doctors aren't able to save him. They all know Jong Hyun is going to leave soon.

Jong Hyun looks out the window and smiles with tears glittering through the reflection of the sunlight.

It's always sunny here in Plain Sky, I bet the sun's coming out tomorrow as well. I wonder how it is in the city right now...

Oh, and my eyes, Jong Hyun thinks, this will probably be the last few times that you function for this body. He chuckles just a bit and feels deep pain in his chest. Key is going to be able to see his world now, the real crystal clear images of everything Key ever wanted to see. Jong Hyun closed his eyes as the painkillers kicked in. He doesn't know if they will open ever again. No, he doesn't think they will.

It‘s still sunny the next morning. The ECG monitor now shows a flat line. Jong Hyun's heartbeat stops that day. All the doctors rushed over and tried to revive him, there was no use. Jong Hyun left.

It was 5 days before Key's surgery.

 

Ki Bum glances out the window, seeing the same sky as Jong Hyun. Same sky, but very different. There is no sun today, stormy clouds are covering the already grey city. It was 5 days before his surgery, and he's more ready than ever.

He wonders why Jong Hyun hasn't been callinig him at all. The nurses are telling him, that there is absolutely no contact with the outside within the week prior to the surgery. Ki Bum finds it very strange, but has to accept it. It will all be back to normal after my surgery, and I will hear his angelic voice again, Key thinks. Little does he know, that this heavenly voice no longer exists in this world.

 

Operation lights turns on in the best hospital of Plain Sky, where Jong Hyun's stone-cold body lays. He is doing the last and most meaningful act of his life. The operation finishes successfully, the main doctor contacts the surgeons in the city telling them everything is ready. There are excitement and sorrow in the doctor's words. He watched so many pass away, but nothing compares to this beautiful yet heartbreaking parting. The doctor prays for Ki Bum, "Carry on his eyes and dreams, please live on happily and fully."

 

The big day is today! Key is being wheeled towards the operation room, he isn't able to help that big smile stretching across his face. He is going to see properly now, all these views, he can really share with Jjong now. Key giggles all the way.

The surgerons injects the anesthetic into Ki Bum's thin body, and the whole operation flew by like a dream.

 

Key wakes up to another rainy day. He doesn't care, the joy is exploding in his heart brighter than the sun can ever be, and he can even see each raindrops descending from the sky now! The world is really bright, he thought. Key can't wait to meet Jong Hyun with this new eyes. 

A few days later Key is released back to Plain Sky, the sun emits an enormous light upon his head, somehow he isn't too used to all the brightness. He wants to see Jong Hyun. "Jjong, I'm coming for you." 

Jong Hyun's not in the house, and there is already dust building up inside. No one's been here for a while. Key tenses as his instincts tell him something is wrong. Where is Jjongie... "No, no, no... he didn't leave, he never leaves me alone." Key rushes into every corner of the house. Why is it that after he gains perfect vision, nothing seems right anymore? 

That is when he spots a little envelope embedded behind a picture frame. He isn't ready for this, his instincts are telling him way more than what he thinks. "He's just a bit sick... just a bit tired. He's still waiting for me, possibily in a hospital, maybe..." All those memories are coming back. The times Jong Hyun called, why didn't I notice, why was I so stupid, why am I only getting the hint now, why why why!... Key falls to his knees and begins to sob as he reads the little note inside the envelope.

" Key, I love you, that's a given. I'm ready to do the best I can. It pains me when you tell me to live happy and healthy, knowing that I won't last for another day. I couldn't give you the promise to live by your side. I am sorry.

Sorry to break it to you. But it just happened.. you know... faith, destiny whichever you call it. Well, when you're reading this, I won't be there by your side anymore. I believe, though, my purpose here was to make you happy. Think of me as the fallen angel Keybummie. You are the one and only true happiness in my life, you saved me, thus I must give something in return. 

Key, are  you seeing fine? Well, see the world well with them will you? Because a part of me lives in you now. Maybe you've already guessed, maybe not. Heh, treat them well okay? Don't cry, everything's all right!

Please, release your full potential, use your eyes well. Find someone better. Again, I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it, I wish I could. But I'm happy now, really.

-Love, your Jjongie"

There is no holding back, Key lets his tears drop like a waterfall. He tries to stop but finds it uncontrollably hard. He smiles because he needs to, Jjong told him so. He can't just let down his eyes like that... Their eyes. Yet, the new eyesight of his is blurring once again, tears smudging the letter Jong wrote.

 

 

 

A/N: Yay, accomplished! I hope it was good! I just kept writing and writing. As promised, this shall be a twoshot combined into a oneshot, cuz it was really short:) . So I'll just leave the first chapter like this. 

CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT SUBSCRIBERS BEFORE THE STORY BEGAN. OMG YOU GUYS KAJDLKFHLKKJLAKHGLKJS /glomps

 

And I'm not good with diseases and things. Biology is my worst subject ; ^ ; I hope the way I described them didn't sound too bizarre.

Comments welcomed! You guys are my motivation!  ♥

Oh~ Just look at this wonderful JongKey interaction /tears/

 

 

A/N: Phew! I actually finished, still has to wake up early now that school has started, I'm so sleep deprived ugh!

Oh gosh, is it normal to feel all emotional towards your own story? I had to stop writing cuz it was just so sad.

I hope you guys still like it though > <

This was inspired by a old chinese song that I am in love with

"Ni shi wo de yan" Which means "you are my eyes" it's so good, oh geez. 

This is what I have for you guys to cheer up a bit ^^

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT ALONG THE WAY

PLEAE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE~~? 

I'm a new writer, so feel free to give pointers here and there okay?

/poses a heart greasily like Woohyun oppa/ smh. aigoo...<3