Chapter 69

Into Your World, Into My World

[A/N: Ready for some HEAVY drama, people? ]

----

 

Chapter 69

“NO WONDER THEY’RE FATHER AND SON,” Lay also shouted as loud as he could, because the supersonic waves that were created by the gravity’s force disrupted their hearing capabilities.

“PERFECT, ONLY KRIS COULD DEFY GRAVITY” D.O. was the one who said this time.

Kris levitated a bit above the dragon’s shoulder and surely, he was the only one who could defy gravity.

Strife shifted his eyes above a bit to catch a glimpse of his son who gazed at him with merciless eyes. Surely, Kris held a grudge that is deeper than any crater EXO ever had.

“Mission, resume” Strife muttered under his breath as Taeyeon was released by the pull of the gravity. Being the master of the power, Strife could choose whoever his attacks were going to be directed to. Unable to do anything, everyone’s eyes just followed the direction were Taeyeon was heading to. Cheonsa’s eyes widened in shock as she realized what the other woman was about to do.

Taeyeon grinned as she pulled out a white rose from her sleeve, “This elegant color holds the most powerful poison – it can kill in merely minutes~” she said in a sing-song voice. Kris’ alert was shifted to Cheonsa’s screaming.

“NO, PLEASE DON’T!” Tears were now falling like waterfalls from Cheonsa’s eyes.

Kris snapped out from his surprise and rushed towards the direction of the room, however, he was too distracted to even notice Strife spread his right arm and tackled him to the ground. Kris hissed as he tried to free himself from his father’s strangling attack; his whole body was against the ground. He growled and demanded his father to let him go, but Strife showed no signs of complying. Instead, the tackle grew heavier as Strife infused gravitational pull along with his enormous strength and pressed Kris’ body more. The young leader of EXO paled when he saw the next turn of events.

Everything was in slow motion – Lu Han screamed in the top of his lungs; Lay was too dazed to even breathe; Chen was struggling to fight against the gravitational pull while Kai and D.O. cursed towards Taeyeon’s way.

Cheonsa, for some reason, was able to move and motioned towards Jin Cheonji’s unconscious body. Without any hesitation, she spread her arms and blocked her real father’s body from Taeyeon’s upcoming attack. Cheonsa turned her body and grabbed Jin Cheonji’s body – enveloping it in a hug and her back was eventually turned to Taeyeon.  She embraced her father’s body like it would protect him from any harm. Everyone in the room froze as the biggest torn of the white rose touched the back of her neck – and it seemed like Cheonsa’s life flashed before their very eyes.

Taeyeon smirked in satisfaction as Cheonsa’s body fell on top of Jin Cheonji’s. Strife released Kris and his power that held the others down. He snapped his fingers and every Chrome warrior jumped here and there to reach his side. All Chrome warriors were now gathered in the room.

With every ounce of strength they have left, Lu Han, Lay, D.O., Chen and Kai stood up. Kris also stood up and held his right arm which probably broke from the thrashing he did to free himself from Strife’s constraints. Strife smirked at each of their faces and his gaze eventually fell on Cheonsa’s limp body – whose sorrowful and suffering eyes were looking his way.

“Mission, accomplished. We shall see each other again…” Strife began.

If everything that happened hasn’t drained all the life the 12 Forces and Cheonsa had left, the next turn of events will definitely.

The mysterious warrior who threw all sorts of weapons towards them a while ago finally let his hood down. With very much struggle, Cheonsa’s eyes widened in shock and contempt. She felt betrayed above anything else.

“…when the time comes that you accept your defeat,” Joon added Strife’s statement in a monotone. “But not until you realize what our mission today actually was,” the evil smile on his face that moment was something Cheonsa had never seen before, and never imagined seeing on Joon’s face.

With a snap of Strife’s fingers, every Chrome warrior dispersed. No one ran after them.

The color was draining on each of their faces.

Cheonsa was dying before their very eyes.

Kris was the first one to move, the dragon behind him vanished into thin air. He paled as he took every step, “No…”

Suho and the others rushed to the room as well; each one of them injured. Suho’s color turned whiter than before and tears were welling up on his eyes, “My angel…”

One by one, the remaining 11 started moving towards Cheonsa.

‘LAY, BY HEAVENS DO SOMETHING! WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING SPACING OUT???!”

Everyone flinched at Kris. They had never heard him snap before. Never.

Kris picked up Cheonsa’s limp body; his face contorted with worry and sorrow, “Cheonsa, Lay will save you”

Cheonsa forced a smile as Lay knelt beside Kris and held her other hand, “Angel, this won’t take long. I will save you,” the healer had to double-take because even to his ears, what he said were empty promises. No one knows how complex Taeyeon’s poisons were, and in order to heal someone, like what Lay had said before, he had to have knowledge of the malady. In this case, he doesn’t even know what kind of poison Taeyeon possessed. And everyone knew that for sure, it wasn’t a simple poison mixed through chemicals. It was basically her power – and no one could nullify someone else’s power. At least no one they know of. But he knew he had to try – or else, they might lose something again. And everyone won’t be able to take that. Behind Lay’s back, he heard sobs. Sehun and Tao were having mental breakdowns. But who wouldn’t? Instantly, he got the cue and channelled his warm, green light to Cheonsa.

“My father, is he safe?” Cheonsa forced out the words.

“He’s safe” Kris croaked.

Lu Han couldn’t bear watching the scene. He turned his back and with his remaining strength, he summoned his crystal ball, hoping to find any information about Taeyeon or whatever he could find to help save Cheonsa.

“Suho, Baekhyun…” Cheonsa called. Instantly, the two came to her other side, directly in front of Kris. Cheonsa raised her free hand and the two young men grabbed to hold it.

“Suho…oppa” Cheonsa began, “Thank you so much for treating me with so much care and love even though all that I did was act like your little sister. I’m sorry about all the pain I have caused you. Please forgive me. But know that I would always cherish you. You have a special place in my heart and nothing will be able to take that away. Even death won’t be able to”

Suho didn’t like how Cheonsa spoke right that moment. It was like they were never going to see each other again.

“I won’t listen to you right now, Cheonsa. Tell me everything when you’ve recuperated” Suho said in a stern voice. Cheonsa shook her head and forced a smile.

“No, I have to say them now. I’ll forget later” Cheonsa chuckled.

“Suho oppa….Please don’t cover your ears and eyes. You too, Baekhyun. Listen to me. I’ll pour my heart on to you”