Chapter 42

Into Your World, Into My World

[A/N: Worried sick about where Kris could be right now. :"(

Anyway, action coming up! :) ]

----

 

Chapter 42

The hill of Two Moons is the highest peak in EXO planet. It goes by that name because one can see two moons upon standing on its summit: the Earth’s moon and EXO’s own, Mystic. It is also where the planet’s source of energy, the Tree of Life, proudly stands. The place is considered sacred and no normal EXO inhabitant can access the area. Only the leader of the High Sages, as well as the 12 Forces can approach the Tree.

Nobody else can, after all. Surrounding the Tree of Life is a cloak of power too strong for anyone normal to be able to withstand.

And here, Lu Han’s consciousness is witnessing someone, not a member of the 12 Forces, but also not the leader of the High Sages approaching the Tree of Life. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Though he couldn’t fully make the features of the mysterious person, he knew for sure that he/she wasn’t one of those who were allowed to enter the sacred grounds. The figure moved inches closer to the Tree, and placed both his hands on its trunk.

What is he doing?

Judging from the outlines of the person’s arms, Lu Han concluded it was a male. He was on the other side of the Tree, only a short distance away from the mysterious male. But because Lu Han was only travelling in the past, the 2nd person couldn’t feel or see his presence. That was when Lu Han figured out, that he couldn’t see the person’s full profile because the intruder wore a special cloth of magic that concealed his identity. Lu Han narrowed his eyes until suddenly…

The figure spoke.  

“This is for the best. I know that you will suffer a lot; Maybe not only you, but please understand that this is for the best. I must keep you where those dirty hands wouldn’t be able to touch you. For the future of our planet”

Before Lu Han could take a breather, a glowing light almost blinded him that he had to squint his eyes; The mysterious male's hands penetrated the trunk of the tree, his arms moving in a circular motion while inside of it, as if searching and reaching for something. The light the tree was emitting was becoming brighter as the male continued to search. In a few blinks of the Oracle’s eyes, the male now held on his hands a red orb beaming with a warm but soft light; pumping with energy. Lu Han felt like his soul was being in by that red orb, but the male in front of him who held it didn’t seem to be affected at all, much to his confusion.

A few seconds later, the red orb palpitated followed by a deformation in its figure. Apparently, a black hole-like figure was forming on its center, the energies that surrounded it. Black clouds loomed over the hill, the two moons now covered in the shadows. A strong gust of wind wrapped the whole area and Lu Han was now trying his best to hold on to the trunk of the tree – the only solid figure that didn’t shake from the red orb’s power.

Why am I feeling all of these even though my physical body is not present?

Back in the physical world, Sehun was already  in the verge of tears, with Suho patting him on the back. Lay was already crouching down by the bed, holding Lu Han’s right arm to check on his life energy. The other aliens, except for Kai, Tao, Kris, as well as Cheonsa stood stiff watching the scene.

Lu Han was thrashing on his sleep – as if he was trying to run away from something. Xiumin, Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun ran over to hold Lu Han’s hands and keep them holding on the crystal ball as Lu Han’s last words before his consciousness departed played on their heads.

“Whatever happens, I must not let go of the crystal ball. If that happens, I will lose the bridge to the physical and the world inside the ball”

The scene was becoming creepier by the moment. Lu Han’s thrashing increased and Sehun couldn’t help but cry at the scene. It was really scary that even Suho was on the verge of crying. Lay, Chanyeol, Xiumin, Chen and Baekhyun however tried their best to focus on holding on to Lu Han’s life. D.O. turned around, unable to calm his heart. Inside, he wished Cheonsa, Kris, Kai and Tao would come back now.

---

Cheonsa bowed and thanked the shop owner for the bills she handed.

“I hope you two will come back tomorrow as well. The sales shot up because of you!” the old lady suggested which made Kris cringe at the thought. He would have to undergo the horror of being swarmed by fangirls once again if they did.

“Sure. Why not? We are in need of income anyway~” Cheonsa replied in a sing-song voice that Kris figured out she was teasing him. But instead of raising his eyebrows at her, his lips curved up in a smile, surprising not only Cheonsa, but also himself. After giving two more bows, Cheonsa and Kris walked off.

“You’re loosening up! It’s nice!” Cheonsa chuckled while she gave Kris’ left arm a light punch.

Kris chuckled in response, a very rare sight indeed.  

“It made me realize that no amount of power and status can compare to the smiles simple pleasures can bring”

Cheonsa turned to Kris in confusion at his vague statement. But before she could open and ask him what he meant, Kris’ eyes suddenly changed color. That color that only appeared when he’s in full guard. Which meant something was not normal.

In a span of a second, Kris grabbed Cheonsa’s waist and flew a few meters off from the ground as a something almost struck them.

Cheonsa opened her eyes to check what exactly startled Kris.

A rose. A red rose just pierced the soils of the ground they were standing on a few seconds ago. But it wasn’t just a simple rose. After all, Kris wouldn’t be holding her by the waist so tight right now as if he almost lost her to death ripper. They wouldn’t be floating a few meters above the said object if it was just a simple, ordinary flower.

The soils it pierced rot and clearly lost its moist. From chocolate brown it became a dangerous shade of purple. As if every bit of carbon was being stripped away. Cheonsa’s heart tightened and she couldn’t believe her eyes. Her mind refused to comprehend anything. The protective male who held her like he was her knight in shining armour, wasn’t exactly what you’d call charming right now.  Who would be, seeing as Kris wore an expression of a warlord ready to attack his enemies. His eyes were flaming red and dilated – surveying the area that surrounded them both.

They were snapped out as a chuckle was heard in the air. A few seconds after, a figure came walking towards the red rose that just killed the soils it touched.

A young woman. Probably only a few years older than Cheonsa, picked up the rose.

“No! Don’t touch it! It’s dangerous!” Cheonsa shouted from above. Kris flinched.

Just then, the 3rd person looked up and smiled a different type of smile to Cheonsa and Kris. Instantly, Cheonsa clamped her hands to , as if realizing he had screwed up and accidentally revealed themselves. Cheonsa closed her eyes and expected the young woman to shriek in terror seeing two people float in the air, but much to her surprise, which made both her and Kris the ones who shrieked, the person who held the rose chuckled once again – this time, a rather evil one.

With golden brown hair in soft curls that framed her pretty but tough face, a petite figure that stood perhaps a little smaller than Suho, wrapped in porcelain fair skin – she was beautiful. Her clothes were out-of-this-world, which spurred possibilities inside Cheonsa’s head: she wore tight leather shorts that generously hugged her legs with matching knee-high black leather boots and a  maroon long-sleeved coat that fell until the back of her knees, which helped conceal the black lacy tube she wore inside. She flashed her pearl whites as she smiled at Cheonsa and Kris once again. And this time around, words came out from her pink lips.

“Found you, EXO boy~”

In a blink of an eye, Kris flew as fast as he could as the young woman below them threw an array of red roses towards their way. Both of them knew what the roses could do.