Birthday

Insecure

*open new tab for bg music*

 

---

 

 

MyungSoo was about to go home when he received a text message from you. It says:

Go to your locker. I dropped something there.

MyungSoo's heart beat went faster. *What is this about? Did she remember my birthday and sent me a gift to my locker?* He thought. The thought of it made him blush. The truth is, for a long time, MyungSoo secretly loves you.

He went immediately to his locker. He noticed a pink envelope. *Maybe this is her present for me.* He smiled. *I wonder what this is.*

He was very excited to open it. 

 

As soon as he opened the letter, he read it.

 

---

 

After reading the letter, his eyes began to water. 

*Wh-what is the meaning of this? What does she mean by 'to end it now'? Does she mean, she doesn't want to be my friend anymore?* 

He picked up his phone in his pocket. He tried to call you, but you're not answering your phone. He bit his lip as he punched his locker door. *I thought I had the chance.* 

Tears began to roll down from his eyes.

He didn't know what to do.

 

---

 

He tried to look for you all over the city. He went everywhere and asked each person passing by about you. He bumped into an old lady and asked, "Have you seen a girl with a short hair, who's height is just up to my chest, and has tanned skin?"

The old lady yelled at him for disturbing her. He bowed to the lady and apologized. He was about to give up when he saw a bus passing by.

He looked at the bus, and for some reason, he saw a girl who has short hair, and tanned skin. He looked closely and realized it was you.

His eyes widened. The bus was slowing down, but in a while, it began to speed up.

 

He decided to chase the bus where you're riding.

 

"__________-AH!!!!  _______________-AHHH!!!" he yelled as he ran. Tears was coming out of his eyes as he yelled your name.

 

 

---

 

Inside the bus, you heard a noise. Actually, you heard a familiar voice. You shrugged and just ignored it.

The voice was coming closer. It says, "_______-ah! _________-ah!" 

You widened your eyes in shock. You looked at the window outside and saw MyungSoo, running to catch up with the bus. 

You told the driver to stop the bus. You decided to face MyungSoo.

 

---

 

As you came down, you yelled at MyungSoo, "Babo! What are you doing? Are you trying to kill yourself?!" 

"I r-read your letter," he said as he was gasping for air.

You remembered about the letter you placed inside his locker. You looked away, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"Do you really want me to stay away from you?" MyungSoo asked.

You looked at him with sympathy. Same time, with anger.

"You're stupid. You know what, why waste your time with me? I'm the one making your life miserable. Don't you see? People gossip you because of me and I--"

"I DON'T CARE!" MyungSoo cut you out. Your eyes widened.

MyungSoo went closer to you and he cupped your face. You were shocked when MyungSoo did that to you. Your eyes softened as he caressed your face. 

"I don't care about what others would say... I..." MyungSoo looked away.

For some reason, your heart was thumping faster. You don't know why.

"...I don't need them to dictate who I am. You too. You don't need them to dictate who you are. Please don't end this friendship. I still want to be with you..." MyungSoo looked at your eyes gently. 

As you looked at his eyes, your consience bothered you. *Wh-what have I done?!* 

"Yes, you're not perfect. But your imperfections makes you beautiful to me. You inspire me. You give me strength. Don't ever think that no one loves you. Because the truth is, you are very loved." He whispered.

He smiled at you gently and continued, "You're not a bother to me. Without you, I'm nothing. I won't be inspired to do the things I love."

You softened as he said those words. "Mianhe, MyungSoo... I didn't mean too--" 

"Shh!" he wiped his thumb on your lips gently and said in a soft whisper, "Saranghae, _________."

As he said those words, he hugged you and kissed you.