Dear Diary

Part of Your World

 

There he was, walking along the streets of the nearby village. He didn’t know where to go or where he was that moment.

He was an alien, the alien of his own surroundings. He felt as if abominated by his peers. He did not know the problem. He’s just like that, but was that why his friends did not like his company?

His silence was the answer.

He did not like the deafening noises of the chatters; for him, they were useless. He liked the nature, the peaceful sound of the life; He enjoyed everything his friends did not.

He found himself sitting under a big cherry blossom tree, all free, isolated from everybody else.

                        “Green turning brown…” he said witnessing the transformation of the sakura above him.

It was a fine afternoon of autumn. He could hear birds’ chirps everywhere. It was a nice day to sleep. He looked up to see the clear sky but something else caught his attention.

He took the rectangular object decorated in pink in a hole of the tree and opened it.

                        “A diary…” he murmured to himself as he flipped through the pages.

He looked around to see if there was anyone with him. Seeing nobody, he started reading a part of the journal.

9.22

Did you know that today’s my birthday? Well I just had a blast this afternoon with my friends. They sang a birthday song to me. The guys danced with me, it’s my 18th birthday after all.

I received lots of gifts not only from my parents and friends but also from my distant relatives. It was surprising; I never knew that they still remember me and more importantly my birthday! I’m so lucky right?

Our house was really noisy and was such in a big mess a while back, you would never want to leave that until the party ends! Well, that’s for them…

I really don’t like noise…

I like to spend my time in a quiet place.

 

Upon reading that line, he was surprised that the author had something in common with him.

That’s why I’m here.

He continued reading.

 

This place is so wonderful! I’m so lucky to have found it! I hope to own this whole place in my entire life!

This place is just meaningful to me. I remembered the times when I used to play here, alone. No one knew that I was staying here. It feels like your own home. And even after ten years, nobody knows that this is my secret place.

Don’t you think it’s also nice to write in a place like this? It’s too peaceful, no one to disturb your writing. Look at the surroundings, it’s so beautiful! I’m lucky enough to have found this on my own. I hope no one else finds this place, because I don’t want to share this place to anybody.

                             “Oh no,” he whispered, nonetheless, he continued reading.

Maybe… except for that someone I like.

I rarely get to see him; he’s never with his friends. I wonder what’s up with him.

I did not even get to see him in my party today though I sent him an invitation letter. Well, does he even know it was my birthday today? Does he even know who I am? I hope he does.

I’d like to spend this evening with him, show him this secret place of mine, tell him how beautiful it is here. But we’re not even close (like I said, does he even know me?) for me to drag him alone here. I want to slap myself for imagining those things.

Haha! At least, I got to throw all my feelings in here, where no one hears me aside from the nature.

Right now I am watching the stars up there, I didn’t notice it is this late already. Well, got to go to our house, my parents may be worried about me!

I’ll be back in this place sooner or later. I just love this place.

Keep this as our secret my lovely cherry blossom~

-         Hong Yookyung

 

                             “She’s cute,” the only thing he could comment about how the author wrote.

He looked at his clock, it was already past five and he needed to get back to their house.

He placed the notebook into the hole but he was surprised by someone when he was asked.

                             “What are you doing here?”

                             “I’m sorry, I just happen to pass by,” he said turning his direction towards her.

When the girl saw him, she dropped the basket she was holding.

                             “You- Were you reading my diary?” she asked again.

                             “Um… Yeah I’m sorry about that, I didn’t know it was yours.” He said to the girl with the familiar face in front of her.