The Monster

Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites

 

 

 

“Selective mutism, I guess.” Baekhyun is preparing for a therapy session with one of his patients, a high school girl suffering from anorexia nervosa, when Kris comes and asks him about Park Chanyeol. Kris has always been wanting to hear more about his case.

“You know, his medical record doesn’t state that he’s born mute or deaf. Plus, he spoke to you yesterday. Even though he only said his name, it’s a strong proof that he’s actually capable of speaking.”

Kris nods in agreement. He recalls the moment Park Chanyeol said his name. Kris himself was surprised since everyone reported that this curly brunette man was mute. But no, he wasn't.

He isn't mute.

 

"Chanyeol..."

"Could you say that again?"

"..."

 

No one knows how precious it was. Chanyeol's voice is surprisingly deep; a perfect reversal of his outer look, which is kind of... cute. Park Chanyeol refused though, when Kris asked him to repeat his word. Kris is one lucky person to be able to hear that.

Their job now is to dig as much information as possible, as this man just came like that out of the blue to this hospital, mysteriously. They only hope that Chanyeol would cooperate, since the only reliable source they have is Park Chanyeol himself.

“Hey, have you read the letter? You know Joonmyun right? He was immediately put in panic reading it. That silly dude…” Baekhyun asks Kris while filling in some checklists on the clipboard. He attaches some more papers to it as he waits for Kris’ answer.

“What letter?” Kris almost innocently turns his head to Baekhyun, who is now staring at him in disbelief. The therapist narrowed his eyebrows at his boss, Kris the psychiatric.

“Oh my goodness, Kris, seriously… It’s the letter that Chanyeol wrote himself. I put it along with the files!” Now it’s Kris turn to stare back at him in disbelief. How could he miss something important like that?

“You did?” Baekhyun only sighs. He leaves as his patient is already waiting for him at the lobby.

 

Kris gets his way back to his office in a hurry, looking for Chanyeol’s letter. He wants and needs to read it immediately. Probably, he'll find out some clues of Park Chanyeol's condition. He remembers piling the latest documents on his drawer; one of them is Chanyeol’s.

 

Bang Yongguk.

Gong Minji.

Lee Kwangsoo.

Pyo Jihoon.

 

Park Chanyeol.

 

Kris unconsciously grins as he finds Chanyeol’s files. He immediately searches for the letter. And Baekhyun was right. It is there, covered by a bunch of other papers –a white envelope with Park Chanyeol written on the front side.

He plops himself on the couch and takes the letter out from the envelope.

 

“Is that a love letter?”

 

Kris is just about to read the first sentence when he finds Luhan, standing on his door, crossing his arms and leaning his back on the door frame.

“Of course not, where do you think we are, honey? High school?”

“Who knows? Who wouldn’t fall for someone like you, Wu Yifan.” Luhan emphasizes the tone on his name. Kris motions Luhan to sit beside him.

“Don’t be silly. It's the letter from Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun told me to read it."

"Chanyeol, Chanyeol, and Chanyeol. You only think about Park Chanyeol." Luhan pouts. Kris pulls him, so that now Luhan is sitting on his lap.

"Ooh... Someone's jelly." Kris sneaks his hand into Luhan's tiny waist. He rests his chin on Luhan's shoulder. Luhan could feel Kris' hot breath on his neck. Kris knows that Luhan loves backhug. But this time Luhan doesn't want to lose from him.

"Yes, I'm jealous. Are you happy now?" Luhan slaps Kris' hand and tries to run away from him. But Kris tightens his grip on Luhan's waist and pulls him closer to his body instead.

"Yeah, I'm happy..." Another hand lands on Luhan's hip. Kris starts Luhan's neck. "... to have someone like you."

Luhan bits his lips, trying his best not to let the moan out. If he moans, he'll lose the battle.

"Just let it out, Xiao Lu." Kris bites Luhan hard. Luhan finally loses his guard and moans loudly.

"Damn it. Ah..." Luhan moans for the second time, which sounds like heaven to Kris' ears. Kris loves Luhan's everything, especially the way he moans.

 

If only Kyungsoo didn't come running to his office, Kris might have a great time making out with his little deer Luhan. But now he got to deal with this one particular, special patient.

"We got a problem." Kyungsoo bursts into his office. His eyes widen, both from the bad news he brought and from the view of Luhan enjoying Kris' y lips on his neck, leaving some visible red marks already.

"Well at least knock the door first, Do Kyungsoo." Kris glares at him.

"But you guys left it open..." Kyungsoo answers innocently.

"Okay, what happened?"

"Park Chanyeol--"

 

Hearing that name, Kris diverts his attention from his lovely Xiao Lu to the panic nurse Kyungsoo on his door.

 

"He is going ape."

 

And here is Kris, running like it's the end of the world, all the way to the second floor where Chanyeol room is, followed by Luhan and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo might just call anyone else for help. But he came to Kris, the head of the Mental Health Department, meaning that something really bad's happening.

Inside Room 205, Minseok, the nearly-graduating college student on an internship, and three other nurses are trying to calm Park Chanyeol down. They try to hold Chanyeol's arms and feets. However, Park Chanyeol is stronger than they thought.

Kris drops his jaw as he sees the mess Chanyeol has made, and so does Luhan. The wall is literally cracked, like there was an earthquake or something. The mattress is torn, like it was attacked by a troops of raging cats. Just what on earth is going on?

 

The three of them run to help the other four people who are struggling --literally wrestling with Chanyeol.

"Give him sedative!" Luhan yells at practically everyone.

"We did!" Minseok yells back.

"What?"

 

But suddenly, Park Chanyeol stops moving. He doesn't even fight back when they put the handcuff on his wrists, so that he won't break anything more. He only stares right into the tall blonde man's eyes --he doesn't even blink once. He only stares at the one who is holding his left foot, the same person who crossed his boundary.

 

 

 

Kris.

 

 

 


 

a/n:

omg this story is getting weirder lol

what should i do ;___;