Fallen into the deep

Hello, I'm a stranger in search of a stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

"Time will tie you - Right now in that spot
Don’t let me go, you’ll regret it - Stop being so foolish"

- Catch Me by TVXQ

**

Jinah is leaning her back on the wall, infront of the numerous mirrors and seats. She's popping her bubblegum as she's flipping through the pages of today's beauty magazine. She has no customers for to be occupied about so she's there, waiting for a reply of her orange. She feels a vibration on her and she puts her hand on the back to take out her cellphone. She smiles as she reads the text. She's about to reply when she hears the front door's bell, which announces the entering of a customer.

"Ananas!"

Jooyeon has finally brought her feet to walk a few steps to reach the glass door. She pushes it with her left strength. The bell's tingling is heard in the room. She see the figure of a girl against a wall, who just looked up after hearing the sound. Tears already form in her eyes and she runs to the girl, embracing her with her face on her shoulder. The latter is surprised at first, followed by confusion as she only the older girl's back to soothe her.

"W-what's wrong?" She only waits as the embrace gets tighter around her waist.

"Everything makes me remember her. The scent of honey never leaves me. Everywhere, from the coffee shop to my own office, I still feel her. Her and her touch. I even remember what happened last night, what we did together. But she just left like that!"

"Wait, wait,wait,wait. WHAT?" She holds her by her shoulder and makes her look into her eyes. "Tell me what happened from the moment we met, which I'm still sorry for what I did." She scratches her head, looking away. Jooyeon sniffs as she starts her story.

"I went to Hamster's bar to forget about her. I drank more than my limit, like six shots I think. She came too and I could guess she had cried. We got drunk and we suddenly we're in a hotel. We did....it. I wake up, not remembering anything but I fail to forget." Jinah looks at her, with open eyes.

"You guys did IT? Oh my... that's alcohol for you." She makes Jooyeon sit on a chair as kneels down at her height. She takes a tissue from the box on the coffee table and starts wiping off the tears. "And six shots? Girl, you're not human."

"But there's something I wanna know. I love her, I would die for her. But... does SHE remember anything?"

"I have something to tell you." Nana fetches a cup from the water distributor and fills it half. She walks back and gives it to her to which Jooyeon gulps down one shot. "Jiyoo... she found her boyfriend with another girl in his room. It was harsh to her but she needed to know he had been two-timing and flirting with every damn girl you see in a club since the beginning of life."

"Is that w-why..."

"Yeah, that's for one." Nana puts her arms on Jooyeon's lap as support. She taps her finger on her leg, as if she was trying to formulate the right sentence. She takes a big respiration and focus into Jooyeon's eyes. She finally drops the bomb.

"For two, when we would always party between friends where there would be obviously alcohol in the game, Jiyoo would be the last one to stand." She pauses. She stands up and walks backward and stops, her eyes closed.

"She doesn't have a limit. Never got drunk no matter how much she drank. Be it four or seven bottles."

It hit her like a mountain of rock crushing her mind. She sat there, paralyzed to the words. Tears started falling one by one as she mouthed "what. did. you. say."  Nana's lip's corner curved up as she opened her eyes. That was good news, but where in the world was that girl now? With five steps, she was back, leaning onto Jooyeon while giving her a warm hug.

"Yes. She knew what she was doing. She loved you too." She whispered. She hugged tighter.

"There's something missing. She's missing. How am I supposed to be happy?" Nana lets go and looks at her with a tilted head.

"Didn't she leave any kind of message? She couldn't have dissapeared from the surface of the wrold without a reason. If this is something worse, I need to call her sis-" She's cut as Jooyeon shoves a piece of paper into her face. She takes it and moves it away from her face to take a better look.

"Aish, this girl." She sighes, shaking her head. "She hasn't changed a bit." She recalls a memory from her high school days.

-

Opening the class's door suddenly, a blond head emerges from it. She scans the area with her eyes, looking for something, or someone. Not finding who she's searchng, she walks specifically to a desk and she stops. She look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter