I'll be back

I'll be back

 

Mayumi’s P.O.V

       My life is simple; I grow happily with my childhood friend, Dongwoon. I treated him as a brother. I don’t know how he treats me back. He does not tell me anything. He just say that he rather see me annoyed than be happy. When the time that Dongwoon had to leave, it feels like my life had just been ruined. I feel sad knowing that he would leave me. I had to admit to myself, I loved him.

“Do you really have to leave me?” I asked him while I helped him pack his things.

“I didn’t have the chance to be with my dad, since he left.” He said in a low voice.

“I understand.” I told him.

“But before I leave I want to say something to you.” He stopped packing and looked at me.

“What?” I was confused about it.

“Saranghae.” He said. I laughed. It is my first time to hear him say that to me.

“For how many years that we are together, you realized that you also love me? Babo.” I said laughing. But he did not smile. He seems serious. What is this?

“No, I love you not as a friend or a sister.” He said. I looked at him confusingly.

“I kept my feelings for you.” He admitted. I was speechless. I was in shock. He went near me. My heart beats fast for no reason. What is he doing? He hugged me tightly. I don’t know what to do so I just hugged him back.

“I promise you. I will comeback for you” he whispered.

“Dongwoon.” I was all I can say. He broke the hug and kissed my cheeks.

       I looked at him while he was walking away. For that instant I feel like my world had fallen apart. Maybe I was inlove with him too. But I don’t know what. Is it just as a brother or a friend? Or maybe more that. I can’t see him anymore. He was already at the plane. I want to run after him. I want to tell him things I want him to know. Like It hurts to see him leave and I also-----.

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

        It hurts for me to know that I’m going to leave her. I had no idea how her life changes when I’m not with her. Protecting her, Caring for her and most importantly, loving her. I had to do this I need to be with my dad. I missed him so much. I was still young since I saw him. I will still love you Mayumi. Wait for me I’m going back for you, I Love You.

 

After 10 years. . . . .

Mayumi’s P.O.V

       It’s already morning. I need to pack my things. I’m already a senior and I had to be serious about this. I packed my things immediately. I slept last night leaving my things messed. I’m in a hurry. So I put all the things in the table to my bag, without no idea if they are important or not. I skipped my breakfast and went to school. I seated in my desk and open my bag. It was such a mess. I arranged them neatly. I saw a frame in my bag. I did not remember looking at any frames last night. I look at it. I realized that the picture frame was the last thing I held last night. I wanted to cry seeing that. It was me and Dongwoon, my childhood friend who confessed at me before he left me. I missed him so much. It has been years since his departure. Did he still remember what he promised? Is he coming back? The last thing I know is that he became a member of a somewhat group in Japan. He is already a celebrity. I can’t even imagine it. He was so quite. Maybe his looks, I had to admit this, He had the face. I smiled a little. My emoting time was interrupted by our teacher. We’re going to have our class already.sighed.

 

At Japan . . . . .

“You already know that I’m inlove with someone”. Dongwoon demanded.

“But I love you.” Raehyun said holding Dongwoon’s arms. Dongwoon immediately remove her hands.

“Can’t you understand?” Dongwoon shouted.

“Forget about her. It’s too obvious, 10 years had passed. She already forgot about you.” Raehyun insisted.

“I promised her. I know she will wait. Stop it Raehyun. I don’t love you.” Dongwoon said.

“Maybe her death can change your mind.” She answered.

“What are you thinking? You’re crazy.” Dongwoon looked at her angrily.

“Hmmm. Is that it? If she’s gone, you will not love her anymore.” Raehyun laughed.

“Don’t you ever dare touching her!” He dragged Raehyun out of his room.

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

       Raehyun is already crazy. She seems to be obsessed. But what if she’s right? Did Mayumi already forget me? I know her. She loves me too. But I don’t know if she loves me more that she thinks of me. Maybe I need to go back to Korea. By the way, my contract is going to end already.

“When was it actually?” I asked myself. I scanned my things. I found the contract.

“Four more months” I whispered to myself “I need to wait”

Raehyun’s P.O.V

       Dongwoon is mine. If there will be someone who would come between us, she should be ready. *smirked*. That girl, who the heck she is, better be careful. I reached for me cellphone and started dialing.

“Yeoboseyo?” I asked “When is the earliest flight to Korea?”

       I packed my things, but how can I find her? As far as I know her name is Mayumi.

“What is the reason of having money?” I asked myself.

 

Back to Korea . . . .

“Bye Hyejin.” I waved my hand to her. I walked in the dark street to my way home. I feel scared. But I walked here many times. Why feel like this? I looked around to know if there is someone who is following me. But the street is blank. I continued to walk. I noticed a whooshing car, so I moved a little at the side to avoid being hit by the car. I looked again to the car, it stopped in front of me.

“She is it. Get her” Ordered by the unknown voice in the car.

“What?” I was about to run when someone held my arms and covered my mouth. Everything turned black.

       When I woke up, I saw myself tied in a chair.

“Where am I?” I whispered.

“So you’re Mayumi? I’ve been looking for you the whole time.” Someone spoke from the dark.

“Who are you? What do you want from me?” I asked. Her face is so unfamiliar. She’s not a Korean, Chinese or Japanese maybe.

“I’m Raehyun. I’m here to eliminate you.” She smirked.

“What? Eliminate? What did I do to you?” I asked

“You are the reason why Dongwoon wont love me.” She explained.

“Dongwoon?” I remembered his promise.

(Flashback)

“I promise you. I will comeback for you” he whispered.

(End of Flashback)

I smiled a little, knowing that Dongwoon still love me, after how many years.

“Smile more, because this will be your last smile Mayumi” She said. Suddenly I feel afraid. I want to see Dongwoon for the last time. I want to tell him that I love him too.

“Say your last words Mayumi” Raehyun said pointing her gun to me. I closed my eyes. Am I already accepting my death?

“No!” Raehyun screamed. I opened my eyes. I saw her on the floor unconscious. I looked to the man who holds the gun.

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

“What?” I shouted.

“Raehyun is currently in Korea.” YoSoeb said.

“What the hell is Raehyun thinking?” I said.

“She thinks that it would be better to kill your Mayumi just to win your heart.” YoSeob explained.

“I better go back to Korea. Mayumi is not safe.” I said as I prepare my things.

       My flight to Korea did not take long. I went to Mayumi’s school. I saw some weird man scattered everywhere.

“Maybe they are working for Raehyun.” I whispered.

       I held one of them and drag him to my van.

“Who do you work for?” I asked.

“Who are you?” he answered.

“I’m asking you. Who do you work for?” I asked again.

“Raehyun.” He said.

“What is did she told you to do?” I asked.

“To kidnap the girl named Mayumi.” He answered.

“Where will you bring her?” I asked again.

“To the abandoned Factory near Shinwa’s Hospital” He answered.

“You’re such a fool” I said. “Let’s go to the police station.”

       I did not expect Raehyun to have these fool men. So I brought him to the police station. And I told the police about it. We immediately went to the place. The men who roamed around the place where silently being dragged by the police men, I looked inside and saw Raehyun pointing gun to a girl. That must be Mayumi. She changed a lot. I get the gun away from Raehyun

“No!” she screamed and I smacked her head. I forgot that she’s a girl. But who cares, she wants to hurt Mayumi. I don’t accept exceptions. She became unconscious. I went near Mayumi.

“Don’t be afraid. I’m here.” I whispered as I untied the rope around her. I can see her clearly; she was shivering, maybe because she was so afraid. I hugged her tightly “I came back.” I said.

“Dongwoon.” She held me tighter.

“Don’t worry. Your fine, everything’s fine.” I whispered.

“I Love you Dongwoon.” She said. I broke the hug and I kissed her.

“I Love you more.” I answered.