Decisions

Married to a King

That night after Jonghyun and I arrived back to the mansion, we said our goodnights and he headed off to bed as the doctor visit had taken longer than expected. It was nearing midnight around the time I decided to skip sleep for now and head down to the kitchen for a snack. I was surprised at myself because eating or feeling any hunger was a rarity for me. So, whenever the opportunity occurred, I surely jumped the chance.

 

I was in the kitchen eating some crackers that had been bought especially for me since I couldn't hold much down. I leaned onto the island counter and propped my elbows up as I took tiny bites. Surprisingly, I was in a chipper mood. But, who wouldn't be at the time of eating? Even as I thought about the aliment that had just been sprung onto me, I still thought nothing. As worried as I was, I was still cocky at the chance of me being perfectly fine as long as I took the antibiotics. I guess life can sometimes have a funny way of proving you wrong or putting you in your place. But still, I KNEW I'd be okay. But, an uncertainty worried me. When would this feeling disappear?

 

"Hey, what are you doing up so late?" I hand suddenly grazed over my shoulder and I looked to my right to see Key. He was standing next to me, his eyes were tired while his hair was in a mess. It was rare to see Key in such a state, being the "diva" that he was. He always had to look perfect and he always did. I just smiled at him and pointed the plate of crackers that sat in front of me. He nodded in a way of understanding and took a cracker from the plate too. I pushed the plate towards him to give him more access to the once hogged plate of crackers that I held. He smiled and accepted. But still, something was hidden in his smile. It was like he wasn't too sure whether to smile, or ask me a question. I was worried. It was Key after all.

 

"What's wrong?" I questioned, hoping he would answer me truthfully. Apart of me was worried that he had me figured out. But, that was a selfish way of thinking. I wasn't the center of everyone's mind.

 

"Nothing...I just..." he fumbled with the cracker he held in his hands and puffed out his cheeks in desperation as he wasn't sure exactly what to say. I only stayed silent, trying to give him a moment to think. I wished I could finish the sentence for him, but I couldn't.

 

"I'm just worried....about you." he said slowly before looking up at me into my eyes with sadness. I felt guilty for withholding such a secret, but it was for his own good and the good of everyone else.

 

"Ah, stop! I'm fine!" I said with a forced giggle as I slapped his arm playfully. He just stayed silent before shoving the last cracker into his mouth and staring down at the floor. I only watched his actions and contemplate whether or not I should tell him. He was my best friend. But, I haven't even told my own husband yet.

 

"It's late, get some sleep." I said before taking the plate from the counter and placing it in the sink. He nodded with a smile and held out his arm for me to take.

 

"You should get some sleep too.", his voice was cocky and playful. Just like Key. I huffed and grabbed his arm with a smile as he we both walked down the once cursed hallway, giggling like teenagers.


 

------------------

 

The next morning, I quickly took the medicine the doctor had given me before Minho had woken up. I quickly hid it under our bed and covered it with some blankets. Already, I had begun feeling better. I worried that maybe it was just a placebo effect. I shrugged it off and got up from the bed to go wake up Bae. I ran down the hall as I suddenly encountered new found energy. I was surprised at how quickly the fatigue I felt day after day was now gone. But, I slowed myself down a bit as I couldn't waste all of the energy I had left.

I smiled when I saw Bae. I actually felt like mother again, not just a failure. I always held guilt for not being able to be a healthy mother for Bae. But now, I hoped I could be. I smiled at him as I picked him up from his bed and held him in my arms. His sleeping face was one that could make you coo over it for hours. I wondered if I felt that way because I was his mother or because he actually had taken after Minho's good looks. I smiled at the thought and grazed my finger across his soft and petite cheek. Tears sprung down my face as I thought of the situation. I felt silly for crying every time I saw Bae but, when you see your child's face, life comes into perspective.

 

This medicine..was my last chance. My last chance as a wife, a mother, a friend, and life.

 

It was scary.

 

"What're you doing?" A deep voice called out and I quickly turned my head in surprise towards the voice. There stood Minho in the doorway. He leant against the paneling with his arm above his head. I stared at him with a smile and looked back down at Bae and cooed at his chubby cheeks.

 

"About to feed Bae." I said with a smile and headed out the door. Minho followed me with a smile plastered on his face as we both walked down the hallways. Every so often, Minho would reach over to check on Bae or his tiny head. I smiled at the affection Minho gave him. It made me feel better that even if I never got well, at least Bae would always have Bae. Not to mention everyone else in the mansion, especially Key. I'm glad they all had affection to offer that maybe I couldn't.

 

-------------------


After I had fed Bae, we hurried back upstairs as Bae was getting agitated and tired. I quickly laid him in his bed and rearranged his crib to ensure he was okay.

 

"Min?" I looked up to see Minho standing in front of me, his hands were crossed in a stern manner. I looked up at him, only for a second. My eyes darted from left to right. I couldn't force myself to look him in the eyes much longer. I felt guilt every time.

 

"Min!" He yelled out and grabbed my chin and forced me to look him in the eyes. I stared up at him, my cheeks starting to hear up from the sudden pressure. His dark orbs stared back at me, full of determination and hurt. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted out of this. I couldn't take this much pressure, it was overwhelming.

 

"Minho! Stop, I'm fine!" I slightly shouted back as I threw his hands off of me and walked out of the room. This action alone killed me to even do. I didn't want to hurt Minho. Had had done nothing wrong and it was all my fault. All of this was just stupid. To think I could keep this secret away from my husband. I couldn't let something stupid break apart our family.

 

I had to tell him...
 

 

 


A/N: Sooo..I'm hoping you guys liked this, It didn't take long to write, but I did work hard on it. I'm excited since I have new ideas for the story that I can't wait to write for you guys! Also,like I said, I have a new story out featuring you and Minho. It's not usually my type of story, but I thought I'd give it a shot and break away from my darker story plots.

Caged