Ch. Three: Hello and Goodbye

The Bucket List

A/N: I guess I should've said this in the beginning but if there are any missed grammatical errors then i apologize since i really only just scan the chapter over quickly.


  • The first and last I’ll see of you perhaps.

 

Nothing special really happened at the concert. The members had their solo stages and here and everywhere, there was a lot of fanservice…Lots, and lots of fanservice. Mina was Switzerland to say the least when it came to these ‘fanservice/bromance’ acts; she really didn’t hate it nor did she like it. She was...indifferent. Yes, immune to even Jonghyun’s recent attempts at trying to eat off her would-be love interest’s face.

 

I guess this should make things a lot easier…

 

As soon as the concert ended however, Mina (along with a few other fans lucky enough) was escorted backstage by a staff to meet the boys. Amongst the small group of five (including herself), the staff herded them into the bright hallways leading to various rooms, one being the lounging area where presumably SHINee would greet them.

 

They were told to wait in this room, which had two couches facing each other in the middle and a coffee table in between. Along one wall was a line of vanity mirrors, framed by lights but other than that, the room was filled with a few extra chairs, boxes, and fold up long tables placed over on the side.

 

Mina and the group of young girls she was with sat on the couch facing the doorway. The young fans chattered excitedly, whispering to each other of what gifts they got for their bias (through eavesdropping, Mina discerned mostly trinket like items and handwritten letters because of course, security wouldn’t allow anything bigger).

 

Mina didn’t make an effort to befriend the girls because for one, they weren’t making an effort either so she shouldn’t bother. More so, she needed time to gather herself, steeling her heart and mind to be able to focus on what she came here to do originally. She slowly took out the red envelope from her small purse, eyeing her penmanship and the characters ‘To: Lee Taemin’ scrawled in the middle. It was simple, plain and composed in a central park.

 

I just hope he doesn’t mind the spontaneity of the contents…

 

The page barely contained Mina’s thoughts, and the more she thought about it, the more she reconsidered on doing this another time and writing a more composed letter.

 

Well, that was until the door opened and five handsome figures come strolling in, fresh, clean and in uniformed stage outfits. Mina immediately went rigid and her heart started pounding in her chest to the point she could almost feel it hitting against her ribs.

 

No matter, everyone’s attention was on these five flower boys now. They greeted with bows as they made their way to the empty couch and simultaneously, Mina and the fangirls stood to greet them back.

 

When all the formal greetings were done, the staff gestured for the girls to hand over any gifts they wanted to give. Eagerly they did so, sliding the gifts across the table towards the boys. Mina, for a split nanosecond, hesitated, her mind suddenly starting to lag at this rushed ‘meet and greet’ VIP session. Her gaze whips up frantically to only meet dead on with the youngest who also seems just as surprised, warm dark eyes a little wide.

 

Mina blinks, and in embarrassing awkwardness, holds out the envelope (remembering to use both hands) for Taemin to take it. He smiles again (a full blown, teeth showing, heart stopping, eyes twinkling-GAH!) and takes the envelope, nodding his head in acknowledgement and saying a word of thanks. Mina returns the smile shyly and lets the envelope slip into his hands.

 

No going back now…

 

The session ends rather quickly with a high touch from each boy as the fans were escorted out. Mina kept a pleasant smile and through the daze and rush, she finds herself outside wondering if all that has happened was just a dream.

 

But then she remembered that her hands felt a little tingly and she could recall quite vividly that Taemin’s hands were soft and warm and that also, her letter was gone.

 

All her thoughts about the boy she hardly knew and just met only moments ago, the one who with just by batting his eyes could steal the hearts of a million girls, with a smile that could light up the entire room, and probably a million and one more wonderful things he’ll ever be…. It’ll all be known to him but probably in the least expected way.

 

Mina took in a breath of Seoul’s night air and let it out. Though knowing that her deepest, darkest secrets are revealed, she felt…a bit lighter. That small remaining piece of hope would have to go away in due time. For now, Mina felt like a new person and so, this is a start of a new beginning.

 

Get over my school-girl idol crush once and for all, check.

 

-

 

After wrapping up a successful concert, the boys head back home to their dorm to get some much-needed rest. Tomorrow, bright and early, they’ll be leaving for Japan to start their Japanese leg of the tour.

 

“Man, I’m so tired! But nothing beats the feeling of completing a concert!” Jonghyun exclaims happily, stretching his arms above his head as he saunters off to bed. Key had been the first one to speed over to the bathroom and lay claim to it first, leaving the rest of the members to idle around for their turn. Their leader went on ahead and collapsed onto the couch and was presumably passed out.

 

Taemin decided he’d change to his sleepwear and maybe check over the stuff he packed for tomorrow. As he went into the room he shared with the second oldest, a sound caught his attention. Taemin pauses in his steps and catches sight of the red envelope. He picks it up, recognizing it to be the fan letter he received earlier. Maybe he’ll read as he waits…

 

Glancing up and seeing Jonghyun looking quite comfy (he wasn’t sure if he was asleep yet…Damn Jonghyun for sleeping with his eyes half open) on his bed, a rush of fatigue washes over him. He hadn’t realized he was that tired until the thought of sleep came into his mind.

 

His eyes travel to the envelope in hand before he makes the decision to tuck it away in the messenger bag he’ll carry aboard the plane. I guess I’ll read it tomorrow on the plane or something…

 

“Washroom’s free!”

 

“I CALL IT!”


“NO!”

 

“MINE!”