10 meetings to love

10 meetings to love

 

The first time their eyes meet, Kyuhyun averted his gaze like if he did see nothing and Hyukjae pouted.

Kyuhyun didn’t want the pretty blond guy watched his flushed face.

Hyukjae wanted to see more of the handsome guy face though.

 

The second time they meet; Kyuhyun turned his back to the person and walk away, Hyukjae blinked, the young man was being rude and he frown but shrugged his shoulders, but still he glance at the back of the retreating man.

It was a shame he was so handsome, yet so cold.

Hyukjae wanted to chase him and ask him;

Why are you walking away?

In the end he just watched him walk away and he did the same, they were strangers that had just meet two times by chance, so it wasn’t necessary any interaction, he sighed.

Hyukjae didn’t know that Kyuhyun watched him before he could cross the street, sighing deeply, why he was so shy to talk to that man?

 

The third time they meet, it was in a business dinner, the old president of the company introduce Hyukjae, his best employer to the son of one of his investors; Kyuhyun.

Hyukjae bowed respectful and smiled at the young man, shaking his hand.

Kyuhyun nodded a bit and broke the contact quickly, the touch made him feel something flying on his stomach, maybe that first class restaurant wasn’t so good after all, Kyuhyun thought.

Hyukjae searched inconspicuous the eyes of the younger man sitting next to the main investor of his boss, yet he couldn’t saw them because the young man, now named Kyuhyun was watching the window of the restaurant, Hyukjae allowed himself to watch the glass too and he smiled; the lights of the city were like the stars.

Hyukjae didn’t know Kyuhyun was watching him by reflection on the window discretely, thinking on how to talk with him, sighing when the meeting ended up and he had say nothing aside for the greeting and good night.

 

The fourth time they meet was on Hyukjae’s office; Kyuhyun entered with his coolest expression and his wealthy manners, he wanted to impress the blond man while handing the contract between the companies, failing when some giggling cute man stepped inside the office, calling him “Hyukkie~ lunch time!”

Hyukjae accepted the papers handed by Kyuhyun like the professional he was, and then he watched his friend, smiling wide and bright for Kyuhyun amusement and discomfort, then Hyukjae asked Kyuhyun a bit shy, unnoticed action for Kyuhyun.

“Do you want to have lunch with us, Mr. Cho?” his heart jump and he wanted to say, Yes! And maybe keep an eye on that smiling man next to Hyukjae; still he decline politely and walk away, cursing himself inside his mind.

Hyukjae watched the retreating man disappointed but sighed shrugging his shoulders, yeah… maybe this was better.

When his friend asked if he was okay, he smiled and took the keys of the office, this time they will eat outside.

 

The fifth time they meet, it was on the airport. Kyuhyun was leaving Korea because he wanted to be a successful heir for his father’s company, and Hyukjae was on a business trip to Thailand.

More than a meet was a glance, when they passed each other, both bowed and kept walking to their destination.

Kyuhyun felt his heart sank and for a moment he had the impulse to shout the other’s name, but he didn’t.

Hyukjae was feeling down for some reason, he wanted at least say some words to Kyuhyun, but no one could reach his mouth on time, so he just bowed.

It was then when they thought that they will never see each other again.

 

Years passed and both of them has their own lives, their own job but no one have a lover and they were sad, because every time one person would ask them “Do you want to go out with me” they will answer “Of course” and in the end, neither of them will appear to the date because still they were feeling it was wrong to be with someone.

 

The Sixth time they meet was on a blind date, Hyukjae was waiting for the person chosen by his friend to him, he didn’t wanted to attend the date but the puppy eyes of his friend won over him, so he was waiting. Suddenly Hyukjae heard some soft voice, it was familiar to him, but he didn’t remember where he had heard it, he lift his gaze and widened his eyes, before him was… Kyuhyun, watching him puzzled, Hyukjae stood quickly and stare to his left and right, blinking, obtaining a chuckle from the other.

“I… need to go” muttered Hyukjae and he didn’t see the dejected expression on Kyuhyun’s face, because when he turned to see the other, Kyuhyun was sitting expressionless and signaling him to sit, so he did.

“First dinner, it will be a shame to eat alone by myself” Kyuhyun wanted to really say; I want to have dinner with you, it will be a shame to eat alone since I worked so hard to have this date with you.

Hyukjae sit and they ordered dinner, it was… uncomfortable at first, but when Kyuhyun started to talk about business Hyukjae felt at easy, so this is why Kyuhyun was here, he wasn’t his date, he was just here for dinner.

 

The seventh time they meet, Hyukjae was watching the door of his office, almost digging a hole in the middle, and he sighed. It was a so bored day, and he pull back his head, relaxing his muscles, then he heard a click and without seeing who was he talked comfortably.

“Min… in a moment we can go and have lunch, I’m trying to shake off my boredom” no response and he turned his head bored and widened his eyes at the sight of Kyuhyun watching him very confuse, he stood and his abrupt movement made the chair fell, so he pick it up, feeling very embarrassed, he bowed to the young man.

“Mister Cho, why are you here?” he asked, hiding in vain his blush, Kyuhyun then smiled a thin one, feeling again his heart beat and his stomach twist, he closed the door and walked to Hyukjae.

“Your friend ask me to have dinner with you because he has already a date with someone else” he lied, he was the one arranging a date to Hyukjae’s friends.

“That traitor” Hyukjae muttered and when Kyuhyun asked why did you say? he just shook his head.

Kyuhyun smiled even so, because slowly, with the pass of meetings and time, and after being away of him, he noticed his true feelings, feelings of love, and now he wasn’t letting destiny to make the meetings but he was creating opportunities to meet his beloved one and with that, slowly, obtain his heart.

 

The eighth meet was… unexpected. Hyukjae found Kyuhyun being embraced by a beautiful woman before the woman and Kyuhyun would sit on their reserved table; and for some reason Hyukjae’s heart was crushed, he smiled though, and kept walking, waving a greeting to the man behind Kyuhyun’s table on the restaurant.

Kyuhyun heart dropped when he saw how Hyukjae greeted with a gummy smile a polite and gentle man sitting behind him; he glare at his sister for embracing him when she arrived and sighed with his heart almost being broken.

After more than half an hour; Kyuhyun was late for work as his sister was late for her photoshoot. Hyukjae was late for a meeting at office as his cousin was late for film a drama. Even so, neither stood, no, when Hyukjae’s cousin was for stand, Hyukjae will grab him by the hand and ask him to stay a bit more, the same action was making Kyuhyun with his sister.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun sister watched the man next to her table and she widened his eyes and smiled, then the man watched her by chance, because they didn’t have the opportunity to see the other since their backs were facing, but since Kyuhyun’s sister dropped something and the gentle of Hyukjae’s cousin picked up, their eyes meet and that’s why they were smiling at each other.

“Omo!! I can’t believe I will found you here, you say you had an important appointment!” she said and the man smiled at her nodding.

“I have, with my cousin” and then he introduce Hyukjae’s to his girlfriend, Kyuhyun that was lost like Hyukjae just felt very embarrassed and clueless at the situation, Hyukjae was feeling the same but his cheeks were deep red, so he bowed and went out of the restaurant.

“Well, now you know who is my boyfriend, Oppa, this saves me the time to meet you again” and she smiled, Hyukjae’s cousin bowed polite and went out of the restaurant with his girlfriend, Kyuhyun was left there, then he saw his watch and cursed under his breath, he was so very damn late now for work!.

 

The ninth time they meet, Kyuhyun wanted to give up; it was obvious that they weren’t meant for each other, how he knew that? Because they just meet but never really talk and that was getting his nerves, how much coincidences were life making and still they were like the first time they meet, with the exception of knowing each other name’s.

Kyuhyun ruffled his hair exasperated and grunt. Suddenly he splashed all his coffee on some passenger on the street and he cursed inside his mind, he is about to glare the person even when he was at fault for being thinking in other things, yet he just kept silence and blinking two times.

“Hyukjae-ssi” oh, and this was sweet for some reason, he didn’t have the chance to pronounce the other’s name until now, then the blond man watched him and blink with his now spoiled white shirt.

“Oh, Kyuhyun-ssi” he says polite but absent minded and Kyuhyun frowns, then he snaps back to reality, it is obvious Hyukjae will ignored him while trying to clear or at least cover the deep dark stain on the fabric of his shirt and Kyuhyun smiles, maybe this is rude, but heck!! He had wanted a chance and life was giving him many, so he would don’t spoil this one.

Kyuhyun took Hyukjae by the wrist and the latter widened his eyes, but before he could say something, the smiling face of Kyuhyun that Hyukjae watches for first time, left him mute and he allows the younger to dragged him to whatever place, smiling too.

When they stopped, Hyukjae watches Kyuhyun strange and the latter just shows a store full of suits, then Hyukjae rolls his eyes and starts to walk away, but Kyuhyun stopped him.

“This is my apologies” and Hyukjae sighed.

“I don’t want something new; this can be fixed, besides…” Hyukjae watches the dresser and bits his lower-lip “it seems expensive” Kyuhyun palms his face and shows a glance of regret, now maybe Hyukjae think of him like a snob, but then Hyukjae smiles at him.

“Better give me a ride to my home” Kyuhun widen his eyes and nods like a kid, smiling too and Hyukjae asks to him;

"Why you usually are serious but today you are smiling a lot?" ; when he express his question, Kyuhyun that now is driving his luxurious car, shows a thin smile but sincere.

“I don’t know, I wasn’t even aware that I was smiling so much, but if that bothers you, then…” Hyukjae lifts his hands shaking them from side to side, alarmed.

“No!! I like your smile!!” he almost shouts and then blushed, he is embarrassed, now he just confessed he likes Kyuhyun's smile, even so, Kyuhyun just smile wide and turn to the left, stopping ahead of a apartment complex.

“Here we are” Kyuhyun says cheerful and Hyukjae nods, when he is out of the car, he turns before shut the door and ask not so sure;

“Do you want to… enter?” Kyuhyun’s face is blank for a moment, shocked, but after seconds he shows a smile so wide that Hyukjae thinks is the most childish yet beautiful.

“I want”

 

The tenth time they meet, it wasn’t really an accidental meet, because they have been talking by phone or sending messages to the other, so it was an arranged meet.

Kyuhyun was nervous, so Hyukjae too.

It was their first friendly meet.

They were walking side by side after having dinner and they were walking to Hyukjae’s apartment, when Hyukjae step the first step of the stairs and he turned to say good bye to Kyuhyun, he felt a soft touch in his lips, it was very quick but still he felt it and he blinked, touching his lips, ignoring for a moment the blushing face of Kyuhyun, when Hyukae lift his gaze and his eyes meet Kyuhyun’s one, both gazes seeing the other, Hyukjae was very happy, still he asked;

“Why…?” and Kyuhyun smiled nervous and flustered.

“Did you…” he trailed off, but the words failed him, still he took a deep breath and watched Hyukjae again “Do you want to be my boyfriend?” Hyukjae got stunned at the words and he opened his mouth and closed it again, he was lost of words, but he smiled at the now dejected expression of Kyuhyun.

“I want, but also…” Hyukjae pecked Kyuhyun lips when he lift his face, surprising him” I want to meet you better before saying the words every couple say to each other” Kyuhyun smiled and nod, he wanted too to wait, he is sure he loves Hyukjae, but still, he wants to wait for a better moment to say those words.

“So… see you tomorrow?” asked Kyuhyun, his eyes full of hope and Hyukjae nodded bashfully.

“Tomorrow” Hyukjae turned, walking excited and fast to his apartment, Kyuhyun watching him go upstairs with a smile on his face, because this was the beginning of something more beautiful called love, and he walked away, smile still on his face and humming a song.

 

 


I don't know if this was ok, maybe fail, but well, I will keep practicing ^^ thank you for reading it (also, if you had read Kind of Hearts the first paragraph was the same on the KyuHyuk shot, but the rest is different, I hope you had like it :)

 

Also, for those who read one of my chaptered stories, I'm working on them, is just that this idea was on my mind and I need to write it, sorry u//u

 

Have a nice day ^^

 

Also, I want to thank to my unnie (kyuwifey) because she beta-ed this chapter, thank's unnie, saranghe! ^^ and I want to thank my cute dongsaeng Ka for correcting my mistake, thank's, I love you! ^^