CHAPTER 4

Friendship

 

“Since today is Saturday, let’s go to the beach” Dennis suggested, sat up from his bed in his dorm. “Yeah. That’s sounds great. It’s boring just sitting around here. Andy, go ask Nathan and Alice if they want to come with us” Dean instructed. Andy nodded.

 

“Matt, come with me” he said. “Okay then. Why are you always disturbing me playing Angry Bird?” Matt sighed.

 

“Hurry. It’s not that long. Bring the game too then” he replied poker faced.

         

          The twins went to the park and saw Nathan with Alice. They took their seats beside Alice.

 

“Hi, guys” Alice greeted. “Do you want to come with us?” Andy asked. “Where?”

 

“To the beach” Matt answered. “I want. You?” Nathan asked Alice. “I’m okay with it. Plus I don’t have any other work to do after this”

 

          That evening, the eight of them got into Dean’s car.

 

“Yah! Sit at the back. I’m going to sit with my girl” Isaac shooed Dennis to the back before he can sit beside Alice. “Huh! Your girl” Dennis smirked and sat beside Matt at the back. Isaac sat beside Alice and gave her hand a sincere squeeze. They exchanged smiles.

 

          They did many things at the beach. Because of the seven good looking guys, people keep looking at them. Dean and Joe don’t stop from flirting girls. Alice shook her head.

 

“Don’t worry. I only have my eyes on you, my princess” Isaac gave a peck on Alice’s lips and went to Matt and Andy. Alice could feel her cheek burning.

 

“Look at this lovey dovey couple. So sweet” Nathan sat besides her playing with the sand. “I want to ask you something. When did you be friend with them?” “Did you remember the day after meeting them at the lane? That day, after you went back to your dorm, they meet me and ask for forgiveness” “Oh. No wonder I felt like we’ve been watched that day. So it’s them”

 

“Guys, let’s go for a walk at the shops since its 5 p.m. now” Matt suggested.

 

“Yeah. Let’s go” Nathan pulled Alice up.

 

          They stopped at souvenir shop. Alice bought a keychain and asked the grandma in the shop to write ‘BFF’ word on it. She gave it to Nathan as gift.

 

“Here. It’s for giving me the bracelet. I really appreciate it” “Thank you” Nathan accepted it with smile. They continued their walk.

 

“I want to ask you something. Why did you always disappear when evening for the past few months” Alice asked. “I went to work part time” Nathan quickly cupped his mouth.

 

“I’m sorry if I made you worry. I don’t want you to know where I got the money” “Money? What money?” “I brought your bracelet with my own money”

 

          Alice immediately hugged him. It was a surprising scene.

 

“Thank you Nathan. No one had been gone through so much trouble just for me” Alice voiced. “.. Alice... Isaac is jealous” his eyes were on Isaac. “I’m sorry. I just so happy” Alice broke the hug.

 

“Well, let’s go eat. I’m hungry but don’t worry it’s on me” Dean interrupted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

          The eight of them studied at the park.

 

“Alice, can you help me with this question?” Matt asked Alice. “Oh, this question. You have to do it like this” she explained how to solve that Addition Mathematics problem to Matt. He just nodded.

 

“Wow! How can you solve that hard question? You so clever” Andy ruffled her hair. The twin sat beside her so they can see how Alice solves that question in just seconds.

 

“Of course she is clever” Isaac said with envy tone in it. Matt smirked.

 

“Why are you so silent today, Joe?” Alice asked. Andy and Matt straight away closed with their hands.

 

“She just breaks up with her girlfriend” Dennis whispered. “I’m sorry, Joe” she said. “No. It’s okay” Joe answered poker-faced.

 

          The very next day, Alice went to Famous Bookstore to buy new books for reading. She bought a book title ‘Friendship’. She quickly read the book as soon as she is back at her dorm. Suddenly, tears ran down her cheek. She stopped her reading and rushed to the park to see Nathan.

 

          Nathan was studying there. Alice approached him.

 

“Hi. Where are the others?” she sat beside Nathan. “They are in their dance room” Nathan coughed. “And what’s with you? You look pale” she held onto his shoulder.

 

“Really? I felt dizzy a bit” he said weakly. “Dizzy?”

         

          Alice putted the back of her hand on his forehead.

 

“You had fever! You should stop doing work first and sleep for a while, okay?” he nodded, put his head on the table and slept. Alice had drenched her handkerchief with pipe water and putted it on Nathan head. Hoping Nathan to feel a little comfortable.

 

          Isaac accidentally walked near the park approached them.

 

“Hi, Alice. What’s with Nathan?” he asked. “He had fever so I decided to accompany him for a while”

 

“Fever? We should bring him to the clinic” Just then, Nathan woke up and coughed.

 

“Let me take you to the clinic” Isaac said to Nathan. “No. It’s okay. I want to rest in my dorm” he answered, waving his hand in protest.

 

“I’ll send you there”

 

          At Nathan’s dorm,

 

“Here. Alice gave this medicine to you” Isaac held a packet of medicine to Nathan who is on his bed. “Tell her I said thank you. Thanks, Isaac. For taking care of me” he received it.

 

“Your welcome. Take some rest. I’ll be going now” Isaac closed Nathan’s dorm door. He went to see Alice who is waiting for him downstairs.

 

“He said thank you for the medicine. Do you have anything to do now?” he asked. “No” “Let’s go to our dance room with me. If you want” “Okay. Then”

 

          Isaac and Alice shared an umbrella since it raining. They walked there because their dance room was near. It was a special room for the Firebird members. They entered the room.

 

“Wow! It’s a huge room” Alice eyes widened. “Where are the others?” “They… I don’t know. I’m going to practice my dance. You should sit first” She sat, leaning at the wall while looking at Isaac. He is not just good at rapping but dance too.

 

          Isaac paused.

 

“Do you want to dance too?” Alice nodded. “Can you teach me to dance like you’ve done just now?” “Okay” he taught her the dance.  Alice was a quick learner. She able to dance exactly like Isaac taught. She then sat and continued to watch Isaac dancing.

 

          Minutes later, Isaac stopped, panting in tiredness. He rest beside Alice. Isaac turns on a slow beat song and stood in front of Alice.

 

“Silent girl, will you dance with me?” he reached his hand out to her. “Of course” she put her hand in his. With smile on their faces, they went to the center of the dance room.

 

          Isaac hand was on Alice waist and Alice hand was on his arm. They started to dance, looking at each other eyes.

 

“I didn’t know you are good in dancing” Isaac praised and Alice face turned red. Her cheek was burning. After dance, they sat side by side. Isaac reached for his guitar and began to pluck it. He sang a song that he made it himself for Alice.

 

Hyunseong (Boyfriend) – Only You Lyrics

 

Romanized:

 

Oneuldo nae maeum yeogi dulge

 Eonjerado neol bol su itge

 Sesang modeun got da neoman boineunde

 Nae gaseum seolleimeuro muldeunda

 

Eodiseo gidaryeoyaman halkka

 Eonje mareul haeyaman halkka

 Jeonhago sipeun nae maeum apeseo

 Akkyeodun sarang atwiume nuntteunda

 

Saranghanda sojunghan neo maneul

 Saranghanda naboda sojunghan neoreul

 Nae yeonghone neomaneul damgoseo

 Neol wihan maeum modu bonaenda

 

Joyonghi jamjadeon gieogdeuri

 Neoreul boryeogo dallyeo onda

 Neoui misoga nae mameul bichumyeon

 Nae salmeun neoui sarangeuro muldeureo

 

Saranghanda sojunghan neo maneul

 Saranghanda naboda sojunghan neoreul

 Nae yeonghone neomaneul damgoseo

 Neol wihan maeum modu bonaenda

 

Seulpeumi jinamyeon neoneun namanui sarang

 Nunmuri mareumyeon neoneun namanui taeyang

 Jogeumssig cheon cheonhi neoreul hyanghaeseo galge

 Neoreul jamsido ijeul su eobseo

 

Saranghanda neomaneul kkumkkumyeo

 Saranghanda neomaneul wihae sum swinda

 Gilgo gildeon geu gidarim cheoreom

 Kkog jabeun soneul nohji anhneunda

 Cheoeum mannan geu sungan bodado

 Sarang haneun neowa yeongwonhi

 

English Translation:

 

Again today, I’ll leave my heart here

 So you can look at it any time

 Everywhere in the world, I only see you

 It’s dyed with the fluttering in my heart

 Where do I need to wait?

 When do I need to tell you?

 In front of my heart that I want to tell you

 I open my eyes to the sadness of this special love

 

I love you, precious you

 I love you, who is more precious than me

 I will fill you up in my soul

 And send you all my heart for you

 

The quietly sleeping memories

 Are rushing back to me so I can see you

 When you smile shines on my heart

 My life is dyed with your love

 

I love you, precious you

 I love you, who are more precious than me

 I will fill you up in my soul

 And send you all my heart for you

 

When sadness passes, you will be my one and only love

 When the tears dry, you will be my one and only sun

 Little by little, slowly, I will go toward you

 I can’t forget you even for a moment

 

I love you, as I only dream of you

 I love you, I breathe only for you

 Like the long, long wait

 I won’t let go of these hands that I hold

 Forever with you, whom I love more

 Than the moment I first met you

 

          Alice leaned her head on Isaac shoulder and fell into deep slumber. Isaac put his guitar aside and cherished Alice hair. He too fell asleep with his hand hugging Alice.

          Isaac woke up by Dean and Joe. Alice was still asleep.

 

“Where is Nathan?” asked Dean to Isaac. “He’s in his dorm. He got fever” Isaac answered half-asleep. “Oh. That’s pity. The others are playing basketball at the basketball court” “Em”

 

“Oh, you two are dating here, Isaac” insinuate Dean. “Why? Can’t us?” he stuck his tongue out. “Okay. We’ll be going now. See you around” Joe and Dean left the room. Isaac continued his sleep.