And so...

Tears of a Phoenix

‘I don’t want to hear it!’ you decide firmly. Everything was to waste. Why would you want to hear it when Seung Hoon is alive and safe now? ‘It’s okay. Let’s just go and leave this place.’ You blindly walk in a random direction, hoping everyone would follow you.

‘That’s the way to the caves. The haunted ones,’ Youngjae calls out to you. ‘I just thought you would like to know.’ You blush in embarrassment. But just as you predict, Seung Hoon stands up and starts packing up, his smile a bit faded but still full of energy.

‘Hey girl!’ Daehyun yells. ‘Come. I got something to tell you.’ You slowly walk over, still amazed that he has so much energy even though there’s a dagger sticking out of him. ‘Seung Hoon, your best friend, take care of him. Protect him. His killer might come back for him,’ he whispers quickly as Seung Hoon glances toward the both of you. ‘And you, you have no use for me anymore. Your petty little phoenix ran away. Without it, I can’t do anything. Go away and take care of Seung Hoon.’

You smile gratefully. Though nothing you planned beforehand actually happened, you are content with it. The main idea was to take revenge on the ‘dead’ Seung Hoon. But, Seung Hoon was alive the whole time… completely healed from his corpse-like display that day.

As you head home, you see a tiny flame red feather on the ground. You quickly snatch it up, stuffing it in your pocket. They would be your memories; your memories of the one who saved you.

You and Seung Hoon are living happily again at home. Daehyun stays back in the forest claiming he had a ‘second mission’ to complete. Youngjae says he is ‘heading home too’ but everyone had their doubts as he began climbing up a tree, disappearing from sight. All the dead people’s corpses still lay in the forest until this day, peacefully resting.

The End.

Congratulations. ^.^ You have survived until the end! Yay. You have dodged misfortunes, wrong decisions and saved yourself and your friend.

Thank you my beautiful readers and subscribers!

 

Click here to go to the beginning. 

Click here to go to where the paths divide. 

 

(I didn't put the 'Last Decision' link because it would most likely be a death one so... :D)