The Reunion

Tears of a Phoenix

 

‘Jongup!’ you sob, hugging him. You don’t know what to say. What do you say to someone who has just been brought back to life? How was death? How does it feel to be living again? What did heaven look like?

‘You’re that girl!’ he says again, smiling at you. You simply smile back. What a touching reunion,’ Himchan sneers sarcastically, wiping away a fake tear. ‘You two must have been close.’ The atmosphere was thick as blood; awkward.

You look up, staring at Jongup. Now you notice what is wrong with him. His eyes, they aren’t the soft brown you remember. They are black, as dark as the pupils. They are cold, unseeing; as if another person is controlling his body. A long gash down is arm isn’t pink and sensitive as a normal human would have. It is a dark purple, he is bleeding out black blood.

All this is too much. You push him away and step back. Your golden phoenix hovering above you confirms your suspicions. It chirps and squawks as loud as its tiny body and voice could make it. It bites the back of your collar and tries to pull you away. ‘Running away are we?’ Jongup says.

You are so shocked you almost scream. This wasn’t even Jongup’s voice. Your heart is going to burst with anger and shock. The thick, dark scene isn’t helping with you calming down. Jongup smiles again. ‘Figured it out yet? You’re pretty slow. Actually, you’re slower than anyone I’ve ever met.’ He voice, it’s cold, echoing. It’s deeper, more mature. This is definitely not Jongup.

Staring around, you finally notice something. The black phoenix is missing. Where was it? Where did it go after Jongup came back to life? You must have been concentrating on Jongup so closely you didn’t see it disappear. ‘The black phoenix…’ you begin, not sure if this was the answer.

Clap! Clap! Clap! ‘So you’ve figured it out my worthless friend,’ Jongup smirks. ‘I, the Black Phoenix have borrowed this body. I don’t think I’ll be giving it back for a while. We are bound together by my tear. The scar down his arm, that my mark. Sorry if it’s not fancy enough for this… Jongup… you call him?’ Hearing those words, hearing Jongup’s name being called with such a sarcastic, humorous tone just pushed all your buttons.

Daehyun Point of View:

I can feel the presence of something very bad. It goes right down to my bones. That Himchan idiot, his more stupid black phoenix must have taken over someone’s body. But who’s? Not that girl. As much as I hate that girl, I need her. She must be my sacrifice; I must sacrifice her to obtain that thing. Himchan, the second I see you; your guts will be flying out of Korea! And your remains, they will be left there for the wild animals to eat! No one stops me from getting what I want. And I want that girl. 

You’re at bursting point with anger, if you don’t do something about it, you are going to lose control and just hurt yourself. Are you going to take it out on Jongup/Black Phoenix or walk away with Jongup still being controlled by that wretched creature?

Please click here if you throw a punch.

Or if you walk away, please click here.