2.

If it's You and Me

"Jin Ae, wake up."

Jin Ae felt someone nudge her shoulder. She slowly opened her eyes but was blinded by the light that easily crept into her room. After blinking her eyes a few times she clearly saw her mom, whose head was hovering over hers.

Park Jin Ae was not the richest girl in the world, well, she's quite poor actually. Even though she lived in a village about an hour from Seoul, she was part of a family of farmers whose lives were dangling on the balance of their crops and animals.

But unlike most girls her age who hate working and sweating, Jin Ae never complained. Unlike her pretty and proper image she's pretty much a dare devil but she still has some common sense in her. She loved her family, as much as they loved her, but it might be a little too much to the point where she declined a scholarship for a famous high school in Seoul.

Yet nothing had been good that year, most of their crops have died because of the bad weather and weird season transitions, probably because of global warming she always thought. While most their animals have died due to starvation, since they weren't able to afford to buy any feed. To make things even worse than it already is, just recently her father broke his leg, so she had more work in her hands. 

Unfortunately she had no siblings to share her woes with, she longed for someone to talk to, but the farm was far away from the other villagers. The only person she could talk to, besides her parents, was the guy who would come and pick up their harvested crops once a week.

The Park's lived in a medium sized farmhouse. The walls covered with red bricks, the floors made of sturdy oak wood, the windows covered white curtains, the house was simply simple, just like the people inside. Jin Ae's room was no different either, plain white walls, with plain oak wood floorboards. But ever since the horrible year started, none of the family members had time to clean up the house and thus leading the house to be covered with dust and cobwebs.

 

Jin Ae always thought that her life would be simple, waking up to the sight of her mother......

"Good morning mom" Jin Ae sat on her bed.

"It's time for breakfast, wash up and come down. Your dad is already waiting," her mother walked towards the door and looked back to smile at her daughter before making her way to the kitchen.

 

Washing up and then having a normal morning conversation with her parents at the table.

"Well it's time to do the chores" Jin Ae stood up from her seat.

"I'm sorry, for breaking this leg of mine" her dad looked down to the cast on his right leg, Jin Ae cared for her father and knew that he had always worked hard to make ends meat, that's probably one of the reasons why she took over all of her fathers tasks so acceptingly, also the fact that it was somewhat her fault that her father was in that state.

"It's ok dad, don't worry" she did an ok sign with her right hand. 

"Beside's it's not your fault I Lovey Dovey and you just had to dance to it," Jin Ae ran away. 

"She, you, what?" her mom looked at her husband flabbergasted as Jin Ae ran away leaving an awkward atmosphere between her parents. 

 

Doing her chores and tasks around the farm.

"Morning there Mimi!" Jin Ae patted her pet chicken.

She then cleaned up the chicken coop and took as many eggs she could possibly take. "I'm sorry I have to take all of your eggs away chickens! But it's for my family," Jin Ae apologized. Jin Ae did a few more chores until the sun almost set.

Before going home she went to the shed, took an axe and began to cut some firewood to keep the place warm as they don't have a space heater and it was quite cold at night, even though it was in the middle of spring. Her mother had always told her that a proper lady shouldn't be cutting wood like a woodsman but she didn't care. 

 

Eat dinner with her parents, 

Jin Ae peeped through the door to see if her parents were at the table already, unfortunately they were. As she was about to escape to her room but her mother had already spotted her and called "JIN AE, COME BACK HERE, NOW!" 

"Yes mother?" 

"Don't you dare let your father listen to those type of songs again, and you!" She pointed at her husband. 

"Are you really that bad at dancing?" she raised an eyebrow. 

"Yeobo, it's not my fault kids these days play these type of music that make you wanna dance and shake you boo-" her father started. 

"Don't you yeobo me!" her mother replied as Jin Ae chuckled in the background. 

 

sleep and then repeat her day all over again. 

After a long conversation with her parents and how Lovey Dovey is not banned from being played in the house "forever" her mother decreed, Jin Ae made washed up and made her way back to her room.

Jin Ae opened the curtains and saw a few stars shinning in the sky. "I wish something good would happen to us, thank you for everything god" she prayed, went to her bed, laid down and slowly drifted to her own dreamland. 

 

She didn't expect what was coming.... 


Tried to make this fanfic more serious compared to my older ones, but I just can't... GOTTA PUT SOME HUMOR, sorry tehee.

Oh and can you guess who's the guy that picks up the harvested crops???