Chapter 27

I love you, you you you.[DISCONTINUED]

A/R:If you need like a recap about what happen in this last 26 chapters, go on read on top of chapter 26. Sorry, it is my faults for not updating like for the longest time. Peace. <3

Dejavu. That is what she is currently feeling. Sending Kris back to Seoul while she stays at Jeju Island for a photoshoot. Only this time, she is the sender, seeing Kris leaves. Finally for real, really coming to an end. This is really the end right? I mean it is not like she is not going see Kris ever again but the main reason she can stay in contact with Kris intimately as more than friend is gone. The late night message, the late night calls, Kris calling her baobei. It is like a sweet dream but like any other dream, it is time to wake up.

Ara stared at Kris’s face for a long time.

Kris smirks then says, “Do my face looks more handsome today?”

Ara scoffs and shakes her head, “This might be the last time I can stare at your face openly, publicly. With you looking back at me,”

Kris smiles then quickly pulls Ara for a tight hug, “Are you gonna cry now?” Kris pats Ara’s back then lands his chin on top of Ara’s head.

Ara shakes her head then wraps her hand around Kris’s waist.

“Feeling much better?” Kris asks.

Ara only nod in response. Kris slowly pulls away from Ara.

“I’m going now. “ Kris studies Ara’s face.

Slowly, a tear falls on Ara’s cheek.

“Yah, it is not like now we are gonna meet ever again,” Kris said as a silence moment envelop both of them again.

Again, Ara stares at Kris’s face. Like only both of them is there. No crowd surrounding, no WGM staff recording them. Ara slowly nods and wipes her tears.

“I’m gonna go now. You can turn around now,” Kris said while reluctantly stands an arms away from Ara slowly.

“It is okay. It is better for me to see you leave. Reality check,” Ara bits her lower lips.

“Arasso Ara,” Kris teases. “Let’s stay in contact okay,” Kris continues.

Ara nods slowly.

“Bye Ara,”

“Bye Kris,”

“Ara, bye,”

“Bye,” Kris said while slowly letting go Ara’s hand.

“Bye,” Ara whispers back.

“Bye,” Kris walks backward slowly but his finger is still on tip of Ara’s finger.

Ara can’t help to chuckle. “Go, you are gonna miss your flight later,”

“Bye,” Kris says then finally Kris let’s go Ara’s hand. Suddenly her hands feel cold.

Ara waves towards Kris. “Be careful. You might fall if you gonna keep walking like that Kris,”

Kris smirks in response, “I’m turning behind my back now. Bye,”

Ara pouts and could only waves in responses.

And like that Kris-Ara WGM ended. Ara turns back as she sees Kris disappear entering that departing gate. She takes a small step towards the exit. Not ready to do reality check, no more baobei. No more whiny Ara, no more emotional wreck, no more Wednesday date/filming.

After a couple of small steps, Ara turns back and shouts out, “Kris Wu!”

“Yes!!” Kris comes out back but not crossing the departing line.

Ara chuckles as tears flows out from her eyes again.

“Yah, don’t cry,” Kris shouts.

“Kris pabo!” Ara shouts back.

“Yah, did you just call me back to say that? Aishh, I’m leaving,” Kris whines.

“Kris Wu, gomawoyo! Saraenghayo Kris Wu, Fanfan gege,” Ara shouts back then makes a love sign over her head.

Kris smirks then also makes a love sign over his head too,” Arasso Ara. Thank you too. I’m really going now okay?”

Ara nods and waves to Kris. This time with a lighter heart. She sighs in relief then watches until Kris disappears again. With a lighter step, she walks towards the exit. The end of my crush, right?

~After three weeks~

“The number you calls is currently not in service,” Ara sighs as she heard the female voice echoes as she calls’s Kris number. “I guess he change his number,” It is a normal thing for idol to change number as frequent as possible as the fans or the crazy fans always somehow managed to get their numbers.

She sighs. “Ara-shi, please come back to filming,” The staffs calls back for the filming of Kitchen God.

It has been three weeks after WGM ended, she did wake up on Wednesday morning feeling like something is missing. Kris is still messaging her, not every day but whenever he gets breaks from his practice he sometimes send a short messages like have you eaten? How is your day?

But whenever she replies his messages, he seldoms replies back. Ara can’t help to want more.

“3, 2, 1, action,”

Ara gets into acting mode. Today, they are going to shoot a parting scene between Thunder and her in Incheon airport. Dejavu again, geez. Thunder had to leave for France to further his study in French cuisine. Though Thunder is going to leave only for two years, they both feel sad as they finally get together after all the catastrophic drama that they have to been through to be together.

“Don’t you have anything to say to me?” Thunder asks as he squeezes Ara’s hand.

“I only have one thing to say,” Ara squeezes back.

“I already know you love me,” Thunder Ara’s cheeks.

“No. I don’t want you to leave,” Ara leans into Thunder’s palm.

“That is really selfish you know,”

“I know,” Ara nods shamelessly. “But you have to go right? You don’t have to impress my father,”

“I know but I want too. I wanted to improve and show your father that I can be a worthy man that can take of his daughter well,”

“Okay. I’ll miss you. Can we at least videocalls once a week?” Ara asks.

“Once a week? Yahh, don’t you miss me? Hum, but maybe I’ll be busy too. I’ll try to call you every day and at least send a message if I can’t. we can make this through right,”

Ara nods again. Tears start to appear at brim of her eyes. She bits her lower lips to prevent it from slipping further.

“Don’t cry,” Thunder quickly grab her in a tight hug.

“Sorry. Just let me take a breath,”

“We’ll make it through. You remember all our promises right?” Thunder asks he caress her head with his left hand and with the other he pats her back.

“After work, I’ll go back home. And if I want go out, I can only go out with my girl friends,” Ara answers and pulls away a bit to look Thunder in the eyes.

“And for me too. Only to hang out with my boys and my cousins there,” Thunder says then pulls her in again to kiss her on top of her head.

Ara nods. They hug intimately for a couple of minutes until an announcement is made calling for the passenger of Boeing A300 to France.

“Your flight,” Ara asks but she is also not loosening the hug.

“I know. Okay, I’m going,” Thunder slowly pulls away from the hug.

Ara nods timidly. “Go now, you might miss your flight,” Ara pulls herself away from Thunder.

“Goodbye kiss?” Thunder points his fingers to his cheek.

Ara stands on her tiptoes and pecks his cheek only to meet his lips. Surprised she pulls away but Thunder quickly pulls her again for a deeper kiss.

Their lips fitted each other like a lock and key. Deepening the kiss, he turns his head the other side and then both of them pulls away only to breath.

“Take care,” Thunder whispers then peck her forehead, and hug her again. “I’m really leaving now,”

Ara nods. He smiles and walks towards the departing gate. She suddenly has a thought how does it feels Kris’s lips against hers. , get yourself together. You are filming. She quickly fixes her expression in a flash. As she can’t see the figure of Thunder she turns back and walks away.

She goes back to lift to the parking basement to for the final cut. The filming continues with a little more kissing scene from the different angle. The filming ends they films her drive away from the airport in her white Range Rover.

“Okey, let’s take a break again and continue the filming for the reunion after 2 years,” The director says.

“Ara, Thunder good job on this kissing scene. Are you sure you are not dating?” The pd-nim teasingly asks with the staff’s laughter in behind.

“The last time I check we weren’t,” Ara jokes.

“She keeps on playing tug-of-war with me pd-nim. Ottoeke?” Thunder jokes as he slings his arms around her shoulder, only to have Ara nudges his sides.

The staffs again laugh and continue to pack to change the setting.

Ara’s POV

Both Thunder and I walks back towards the make-up van with his arms still on my shoulder. “Your arms are ruining my hair you idiot,” I jokes as I tries to remove his arms.

“I really love it when you call me idiot affectionately,” Thunder jokes back.

“You are missing the point here,” I roll my eyes.

Thunder smirks and removes his arms off my shoulders.

We both enter the make-up van. After one hour, we both get out with new outfit. When I was about to leave, my coordi unnie calls out my name.

“Ara, this number keep calling you for a few hours,” She says.

“Unregistered number right? Just ignore it,” I say. I normally ignore unregistered number as it is normally sasaeng fans. “For now, put it on silent. I’ll block it after I finish my filming,” I can’t help to wish for Kris to call me but it can’t be right, since he is really busy with his practice now. Even if it’s really him, I can’t answer his call. I won’t be focused with my acting. Kris, if it’s you please wait for me.

The filming continues with the reunion after two years scene. We hug like a normal couple that reunites after two years. I fight the urge to slap Thunder’s head as he smirks when we are hugging each other scene and the camera is not on him.

“Okay, we are done with Ara-Thunder scene. Let’s call out KiBum and Eun Kyung for their part,” The director calls out.

“Thank you for your hard work and see you tonight,” Both Thunder and I bows to the staffs as we walking towards our own van, separately.

“The phone is still ringing unnie?”

She shakes her head and passes me my handphones.

6 missed calls, 5 new messages.

The first 5 missed calls are from the unregistered number and 1 from Seungri’s. 3 messages from the same unregistered number and 2 messages from Seungri. First, I open the message from Seungri.

-Yah, you punk why are you not answering my phone?-Seungri

-Ara, sorry. Hehehee. I forget that you have filming. Anyway, tonight let’s get wasted in new club. I mean I wasted you escorting me okay? Anyway call me back-Seungri

-hey this is Kris. Please pick up your phone-unregistered number

-God, sorry I forget you must be in the middle of the filming right. Anway, please call me back ASAP- unregistered number

-Oh this is my new number. Delete my old number, oh selca too- unregistered number

My heart stops as I scroll down the messages to look at Kris’s selca. His hair is dye in black. He looks more innocent. Every time a friend of mine changes number, I ask them to first send me a selca of them to prove their identity, only then I’ll pick up their call.

“You look like you a word problem on your shoulder, chills Ara,” Thunder voice echoes in my ear.

I yelp then close my ears with both of my hand. “Yah don’t do that.it tickles. Anyway, when you enter?” I get cold shivers if someone gets closes to my back, neck and my ears. Though I still wonder how I survive acting with all the skinships.

“Tsk. You were the one that lost in your own world,” Thunder pouts and takes a seat on a chair besides me.

I stare at him for a while then back at sitting my own chair comfortably. The coordi unnie continues to dab off my makeup and uncurls my hair back to its normal state.

“What do you want?” I ask.

“You wanna grab a dinner with me?” Thunder asks he types something on his handphone.

“I don’t think I can. Seungri oppa just messages me about a new club. I guess they are going with 2NE1s and Big Bang. Have to call him back and I’m pretty sure I’m gonna have to have dinner with him after this,” I replies as I quick a reply to Seungri.

Oppa, can’t go tonight. Filming later starts at 12A.M. dinner on me in 1 hour?

After a couple of minutes, Seungri replies to my message.

-Sure, will pick you up at your house-

“Sorry Dongie,” I says then pats his hand.

“It’s okay. You know what Ara. You only call me Dongie when you are apologizing. Why can’t you call me on basic?” Thunder asks.

“Because I don’t want too, duh,” I stick out my tongue.

“Huh, fine. Okay, bye. I’ll ask Hyorin then. Bye,” Thunder says then takes his leave.

“Bye,” I waves back lazily.

“Close your eyes, Ara,” The unnie asks me.

I lazily close my eyes and she dabs baby oil to remove my eye make-up.

“I think Thunder stills has feelings for you,”

I lazily hum back.

“And he is somewhat trying to make you jealous with Hyorin, do you realize that?”

“Probably?” I replies.

After he confess to me, I come clean with him that I can’t accept his feeling. I only sees him as my big brother and he will always be a big brother to me. At first, he was giving me cold shoulder. On filming, he was acting all professional to our onscreen love/hate relationship. Off filming, we barely talk besides for filming purpose. I let him be that way because I’m afraid if I cave in I might give him unwanted sign like I’m giving him a second opportunity.

After a couple of months, I guess he finally accept the situation. The playful Thunder is back but out of sudden he is dating SISTAR Hyorin. It suddenly starts to annoy me as he is always asking me out but only to have Hyorin to be third wheel. After I reject his offer, he is always mentioning that later he will hang out with Hyorin.

For the love of God, boys. Can’t they be straight with their feelings? I don’t see you that way Thunder. At first, I thought it was only my feeling then, my coordi unnie also notice as he is always asking me out after filiming ended for the day.

“Thunder is just being Thunder,” I reply as to saying this conversation is over.

She only sighs back in response and continue to remove my make-up. “Thanks unnie,”

I quickly call up Kris as the unregistered number said so. And he didn’t pick up the call. Guess he is back to practice

I sigh.

Later that night, I was still holding to my phone. Hoping Kris will call me back but he didn’t. a phone call did come through though it is from Seungri.

“Haelin, I’m going,” I call out to Haelin, CL’s little dongsaeng. She has been staying at my house for a while now. She always stays at my house whenever she comes to Korea to visit CL. CL too sleeps here whenever Haelin come to visit.

“Okay, take care unnie,” Haelin hums back.

“You sure, you don’t want me to buy anything?” I ask for the hundredth time. I haven’t seen she eat after I got home from filming.

“Nope, I had a heavy tea just now with 2NE1 unnies. I’m gonna catch a nap before I join them to new club,”

“You are going too? Ahhh, I am jealous,”  I pout.

She laughs, “You don’t even drink unnie,”

“I know. I haven’t been clubbing since WGM starts,”

“Wow, that long?” Haelin asks as she comes out from her bedroom.

“Well, you know the reason I went to club is to hook up and dance with the handsome guys and well I stop for uhm Kris,” I stop talking as I suddenly feel embarrassed by my own confession.

“Uh this Kris guy, you really like him unnie,”

“I might like him more than a crush,I might,”

“Ahh, that’s the reason you hasn’t put down your phone since you enter the house. Unnie~” She suddenly squeals.

“Wae, wae, wae!”

“You are blushing!!!”

“Ah,really.” I quickly fan myself.

She laughs out loud while rolling on the sofa. “Hehee. Unnie you better go with your dinner date with Seungri oppa,”

“Tsk, this kids. Okay, I’m leaving,” After a quick pinch to her cheek, I leave.

“Let me guess, you chats up with Haelin that you forget that I was waiting for you down here,” Seungri says as I enter his car.

“I’m sorryyy,” I quickly apologize and pats his arms.

He snorts and starts to drive. We settle for a bbq meat house and eat up eating in a meat house.

“Wrap me some you peasant,” Seungri tease as I wrapping my lettuce with some meat.

“I shall your lord,” I snicker and put a lot of raw garlic inside. I wrap it nicely with more meats and feed him.

Hesistantly, he still eats it all. “Uhmm, so tasty.” He chew it all and gulps a glass of water.

I burst out laughing as I see his face all scrunch up in disgust. Then he yells, “yah, how am I supposed to impress the ladies with my garlic-smells mouth,”

“It is only fair for you to do to me too,” I say.

“Gratefully my servant,” He smirks then puts a lot of red pepper as he knows I don’t eat spicy well.

“Oppa, that is too much,” I whine.

“Do I look I care you peasant servant. Now, say ahh,” He feeds me and I accept it gratefully.

“Uhm, so much love. Spice of love right, oppa,” I cough as I try to chew it down. I gulps it down with a hot mint tea.

“Ah, my lovely dongsaeng,” He pinch my cheek and comes to speak only too close to my comfort.

“oppa, garlic smell,” I whines and pinch the bridge of my nose.

He and I both laugh at our own silliness. Seungri oppa and I plays like this. We went out to hit the club together. Him to hit the ladies, while I was just having fun for the dance. Though I always goes out early.  I always come back to pick him up as he never had one-night stand. He is always come back wasted and with the fact that I don’t drink we clique well. We also play like this on our dinner if can’t him to the club.

“Eat some more,” He wraps another bulgogi with meats and gestures for me to open my mouth. “You are getting thinner from the last time you I saw you,”

“Yeah, like 10 months ago,” I says. As ironic as it sounds, the last time we meet is at the first episode of WGM.

“How is Kris? Oh, I mean how is Thunder?” He changes his question as my expression turns sour.

“Tsk. Don’t mentions their name. Headaches,” I say as I munch raw lettuce and garlic.

“What? Hey, aren’t you eating too much garlic. Don’t you like have kissing scene or anything with Thunder later?”

“Suits him well then,” I munch onions.

“Yah, stops eating. You are an embarrassment,” Seungri taps my hand with his chopsticks.

I giggle. I always giggle whenever he says you are an embarrassment, he sounded like our Yang sajangnim.

“Spill,” Seungri breaks the silence.

I summarize to him what happen in the last 10 months. “….. and that’s what you missed on Glee,”

Ignoring my playful remarks, “Wait, the thing is I don’t understand you could have reject and said your thought straight out so well with us and with Kris, you are hesitating about your feelings, really?”

“I’m afraid of rejection,” I bit the end of my chopsticks.

“And you been rejecting all the confession and you are afraid of getting one,”

“It is different oppa! With others I don’t mind rejecting because I don’t want to give the others the wrong idea,”

“And you are still waiting for him to confess first,”

“Well, I’m not really wanting for him to like me back. But I mean I just wanted to say like this you know. As ambiguous and frustrating it feels to me, I kinda wanna cherish this,”

“until when?”

“Uhm, until uhm,” I let the air of silence answers his question.

“You did said once to me, rejection and heart –breaking is part of love. Because being in love is ti put yourself in a vulnerable state. So, come on confess first,”

“But I am girl. I’m embarrassed,”

“Girl, you were the one to push Dara noona to confess to GD hyung,”

“Ugh I hate you oppa. You always have to remind me all the thing I said,” I gulps down the green tea.

“I’ve been waiting for this days to arrive and throw it back at our face. How does it feel, your own medicine?” He wiggles his eyebrow.

I quickly munch more garlic and onion to annoy him.

“yah, you are an embarrassment!”

And with that the air of tension is over. We are back to our playful banter and eat happily. After an hour, he sends me back to my house.

“Ara-ah, I’m sorry if I sounded too stern and too straightforward with you tonight,” Seungri says.

“It is okay. My own medicine right. I’ll always been good in giving advice and pushing others to pursue their love without considering other’s feelings,”

“Just try to confess. Maybe you need a cup of alcohol to for some strength,” Seungri teases,

Well, beside the fact that I became overly cute with alcohol, I also tend to say out my mind without filter. I mean I always have been straight forward with my feelings with the one I close too but a sip of soju will makes my lips loose. The last time I accidentally I sip a glass of soju, I nearly make a girl that was with Seungri slaps me.

Well, she was somewhat a . LOL

“Bye oppa, bye. Don’t forget to wash your mouth,” I say.

“You too. You are an embarrassment,” Seungri again imitates Yang sajng-nim.

“Shut up oppa,” I giggle and slam the door to his car. I quickly run to my apartment before he could scold me for abusing his car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

“Oh god, my head,” Ara whispers out and slowly opens her eyes. This room is not familiar at all. God, where am I? and my head is throbbing like hell. Like I’ve been run down by a truck, repeatedly. She rubs her temple slowly and blinks again to regain her consciousness.  Looks like I’m in hotel. Oh really hotel. Sure of it. WHAT,HOTEL!!!

She quickly sits down and only to yelps out in pain with her head throbbing. “My head!!”

A figure of man that look likes Kris runs into the room. “Oh you are awake. “

, he even sounded like Kris.

He wiggles his eyebrow as Ara stays immobile, to stun to move.

“Yes, I am Kris. Come on take this hangover pill,” Kris said and come closer towards Ara.

“Wait up, ahh my head,” She extended her arms for him stop coming closer only to realize she is wearing a shirt and no bra.

“,” She quickly pulls the comforter up to her neck and wraps herself in it. “Stop, explain first,”

“Wow, GD hyung did warn me about this about this temporary memory loss but seeing it myself it still unbelievable,” Kris complies to her order and stop moving.

“Okay, I’m just gonna put this hangover pill and a glass of water here. Okay, come out whenever you feel  okay,” Kris stops and  leave the pills and water on the coffee table at the end of the bed.

God, I drink didn’t i. Smart move Ara.