Again... Again?

Turn Over a New Leaf

 

It had been three days since Yoona met Luhan unexpectedly. Yoona tried to forget it but she couldn’t because her family kept throwing her with tons of questions, asking her every littlest detail that they wanted to know. But, being the stubborn Yoona she was, she just shut and kept everything inside her sealed mouth. Yoona couldn’t blame them. Her reaction would be as close as her family’s when someone like Luhan suddenly came into the house and confessed that he was a friend of someone in the house.

In this case, the unfortunate someone was Yoona.

And, being the unfortunate one, Yoona decided to close and just let the thought about that unexpected meeting went away. But, her family members also put the same effort to dig the truth about Luhan as much as Yoona tried to forget Luhan. Just like what happened today.

It was 10 P.M in the morning and the family sat together at the living room, fixated their eyes to the TV in front of them. Yoona knew that everytime all of them spent time together like this, the question about Luhan would pop out of nowhere again. And, she was right.

“Unnie, you ,” Suzy was the one who broke the silence. Instead of throwing question to Yoona, Suzy shot her older sister by stating a mere statement blatantly. Yoona narrowed her eyes at Suzy and smacked her head as hard as she could, “And, why the heck I , dear Suzy?”

Suzy pouted her lips, “You never tell me you’re Luhan Oppa’s friend.”

This conversation made Mom and Dad turned their attention to both of their daughters. Yoona bit her lips and she answered in frustration, “For how many times I should say to make you believe that I’m not his friend!”

Mom gasped in awe and said, “Don’t you say, Im Yoona. Don’t you say that… You’re his girl—“

Yoona could sense what her Mom was about to say, so she interrupted, “Mom, I’m not, okay? So, can we just stop this conversation, please?”

Her Mom’s face fell and she was about to ask another question, but Dad opened his mouth first, “Yoona, it’s okay to admit it. And I think, we need Chinese blood in our family descendant.”

Yoona could fell her jaw fell on the floor, “Dad, you can’t be serious…” She couldn’t believe his father whom she thought could think better and normally than her Mom and Suzy said something crazier like that.

But, her Dad ignored her and turned his attention back to the TV, leaving Yoona stared at him blankly. How can I live in this family? Yoona thought and she felt Suzy shook her body, snapping her mind back to the reality. Suzy didn’t let her curiosity bring her down and asked Yoona, “So, Unnie. Spill it out.”

Yoona rolled her eyes, “What should I spill out?”

“All.”

“I already spilled everything out but you didn’t believe me,” Yoona groaned in frustration. She stared at her stubborn sister who was now playing Fruit Ninja on her phone. Suzy kept her eyes at the phone and said, “I know you’re hiding something, Unnie.”

Yoona was silent for a moment, and Suzy realized this was her time to attack her Unnie. She paused her game and shouted, “HA—! I know, you’re hiding something!”

Yoona hated lying to her family. She also hated to hide something from her family. But for the sake of her pride, she didn’t have any choice but to hide it. She didn’t want to hear her family laugh at her clumsiness again. She ignored Suzy’s question and ran fastly to her room upstair. She could hear Suzy screamed her name, demanding for her question to be answered. Yoona slammed the door of her room and rolled her eyes, Like I care.

***

Luhan sat at the seat near his balcony room. He had this serious look on his face and stared at the papers which was spread on the table. Sometimes, he would write something on the papers. Luhan had been working on Yoona’s homework diligently and he almost finished it. He didn’t know why he did all of her homework but he felt that he need to. And, her homework wasn’t as difficult as Luhan thought. He was an A+ student when he was in the college, that was why.

Kris, Lay, and Tao stared at him quizzically. Kris took a step closer to Luhan, “Since when do you care to read?”

Luhan rolled his eyes, ignoring Kris’ rhetorical question. Kris asked Luhan again. “You’re not going with us?”

“Where?”

Tao jumped hysterically, “We are going to shop, Gege! There’s this new Gucci bag I want to buy.”

Luhan stared at Kris and Lay in awe, “Guys, seriously?”

Both of them just rolled their eyes, and Lay said, “He kept asking me since yesterday.”

“And, he kept doing that bbuing bbuing thing since yesterday. How could I resist that, Lu?” Kris said while looking at jumping Tao frustratingly.

Luhan rolled his eyes again, “You’re pathetic leader, Kris.”

Kris heaved a deep sigh and admitted, “I know.”

Tao still jumped hysterically and asked Luhan, “So, you’re going with us, right?”

Luhan knew better that it was safe to just stay in the dorm, rather than went shopping with Tao. So he said, “No, I stay here.”

Tao’s face fell, and he thought this was his time to release his last secret weapon, “Bbuing bbuing.”

Luhan looked at Tao blankly, didn’t find the aegyo amused him at all, “You know it will never work for me, Tao.”

Tao didn’t give up and again, “Bbuing Bbuing!”

Luhan still acted cool and blank at the same time. He never found aegyo amused him, eventhough Tao was quite known as the aegyo machine of EXO. In contrary, aegyo annoyed him so much until he wanted to throw up. He said, “Do you want me to punch you?”

Kris and Lay laughed really hard, but Tao didn’t find it funny. He hated it how his aegyo never work on Luhan and he hated being defeated. So, he walked out of the room, screaming, “I won’t buy you another mint ice cream, Gege!”

***

Yoona layed on her bed while reading a Chinese novel. She kept glancing at her phone while trying to stick her attention to every word in the novel. Luhan hadn’t called Yoona after he came to her house unexpectedly. And, she didn’t know why she kept waiting for his call. Yoona felt that she slightly missed Luhan, but she shrugged off the thought and fixated her eyes to the novel.  I don’t need him, anyway.

And Yoona knew better she lied. She needed him. She needed him so badly.

Her college life was in Luhan’s hand. She wanted to call Luhan and asked him to give her things back to her. It sounded easy, but it was never easy for Yoona. The last time she called Luhan, she was trolled by him, and she didn’t want to be trolled again. 

She gave up reading the novel and picked her phone. It had been three days and she would go back to China next week. If she didn’t bring all of her homeworks and notebook, only God knew what would happen next. Yoona didn’t want to think about it and started to search Luhan’s name in her phone. She found it and called him. She didn’t need to wait for long time to hear his answer.

“Did you miss me already?”

***

Luhan already finished Yoona’s homework when he heard his phone rang. He looked at his phone and smirked at Yoona’s name. He answered the phone, “Did you miss me already?”

“Keep on dreaming, boy. Stop trolling me and give my things back!” Yoona demanded.

Luhan laughed to irritate Yoona, “You haven’t answered my question.”

Yoona didn’t know why but she felt her cheeks turned red like a tomato, “No, I d-don’t,” she stuttered a little bit. She wished she could show her anger by answering his remark blatantly. But she failed.

She could feel Luhan smirked triumphantly, “You lied.”

“No, I don’t,” Yoona still didn’t want to admit it.

“Let’s meet again.”

Yoona narrowed her eyes, “Why do you think I want to meet you again?”

“Because, you miss me,”

Yoona groaned in frustration, “No, I don’t. I don’t. Do you exactly understand what ‘I don’t” means?”

Luhan chuckled, “Of course, I know. And, I also know you lied.”

“Stop it. Just give my things back. I will fly to China next Sunday. So, I need my things back, Luhan. For the sake of my college life. Gosh, I haven’t even booked my ticket to China since you annoy me a lot.”

“I will give it back to you.”

“When?”

“Someday.”

Yoona’s face fell, she knew this one wouldn’t be so easy, “Luhan…”

“I will. Just trust me, this time.”

Yoona felt the honesty in his words. She didn’t have any choice but to believe him, “Just this time, okay.”

He chuckled, “So, see you, Yoona.”

“Don’t you dare to troll me again, Luhan.”

Luhan tried to hide his laugh, “I can’t promise but I will try.”

***

As soon as Luhan ended his call with Yoona, he called his Manager, “Gege, can I go back to China earlier?”

Manager Gege narrowed his eyes, “Why? I thought you were the one who insisted to stay in Korea longer.”

Luhan thought for a good reason, “Well... My Mom just called me. She told me that there was emergency situation and I needed to go home as soon as possible.”

“What’s the emergency situation?”

Luhan once again tried to think about a right answer, “Well, that’s something I can’t tell to you, Gege. But, I promise I will practice more in China.”

Both of them fell in silence. Luhan nervously waited for his Manager Gege’s answer. He finally answered, “Okay, when do you want to go home?”

Luhan sighed in relief, “Next Sunday.”

“Okay, I will book your ticket—“

“No, Gege. I will book my ticket by myself. I don’t want to bother your holiday,” Luhan interrupted his Manager Gege, tried to offering him a better choice.

“Oh, that’s so nice of you, Lu. Okay, then. Just take care of yourself. Try to not get caught by the fans,” Manager Gege adviced.

“I will. Happy New Year, Gege,” Luhan ended his call with his Manager. He smiled happily, plopping himself onto the bed as some plans ran in his mind.

***

“Unnie, wake up! Wake up!” Suzy screamed as she knocked at Yoona’s door room rapidly.

“Get out!” Yoona groaned and tried to cover her ears with pillow. But, as much as she tried to ignore Suzy, she kept knocking and screaming louder. Finally, Yoona gave up and started to throw her pillows and blanket onto the floor. She opened the door and glared at Suzy, “What is your problem?”

Suzy shot her sister a big smile, “Unnie, good morning.”

Yoona narrowed her eyes. She knew that there must be something beneath Suzy’s smile. Yoona yawned, “Your smile is creepy, you know.”

“This isn’t my best smile, though. Anyway, Mom told me that she ran out of milk,”

Yoona rolled her eyes, “And, so? You woke me up just because of that?”

“So, you should go to the shopping market near the park and buy the milk,”

“Why can’t you just go there? Why should it be me?” Yoona yawned again. She wanted to smack Suzy’s head, but she was too sleepy and didn’t have much energy to fight with her.

Suzy rolled her eyes, “Because it’s so cold outside and I still want to get some sleep. Bye, Unnie!” Before Yoona could complain more, Suzy already ran away into her room.

“SUZYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!”

***

Yoona was on her way to the shopping market. She hugged herself, trying to catch the warmness from her thick coat. It was so cold until Yoona couldn’t feel her hands and feet. She cursed Suzy for being such a brat, making her to walk on the snow to the shopping market. As Yoona stomped on the snow, a red BMW car approached Yoona’s house from the different direction.

***

Suzy sat on the couch while reading a magazine. Her Dad sat beside her and her Mom washed the dishes. “Ya, Suzy. When will you go and buy the milk?” Mom shouted from the kitchen.

Suzy didn’t move her eyes from the magazine and shouted back, “Unnie went to the shopping market already. Didn’t you see her?”

Dad stared at Suzy and pinched her daughter’s cheek “We told you to buy the milk, not her.”

Suzy pouted her lips, “I don’t want to. It’s so cold outside.”

Mom approached her husband and daughter in the living room and took a seat beside her husband, “You should stop bullying your sister, Suzy.”

Before Suzy could answer her Mom again, the bell rang as the sign someone was in front of their house. Suzy was the one who stood up, “I’ll get it!” And, she ran fastly at the door.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!”

It was like another repetition of what had happened three days ago. Instead of being shocked just like the last time, Mom and Dad just sat on the couch silently while sipping their morning coffee.

“Is he coming again?” Mom asked.

“I guess so.”

And, both of them walked at the front door to find Suzy who turned as pale as snow and Luhan who smiled awkwardly to the three of them, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m EXO-M’s Luhan.”

***

“I can’t believe I have a sister as stupid as Yoona unnie,” Suzy said as she shook her head dramatically. Mom nudged Suzy quite hard, “She isn’t stupid, she’s just a little bit… clumsy.”

She glared at her husband who tried to hide his laugh. Her husband looked at her confusingly, “What?”

“I’m wondering where did she inherit the clumsiness from..”

Dad could smell the sarcastic remark from Mom, “Hey, I wasn’t the one who fell both up and down the stairs.”

Mom didn’t let herself defeated, “But, I wasn’t the one who tripped over nothing while walking and ended up being hospitalized for one month.”

As Mom and Dad continued to bicker childishly, Luhan tried to hide his laugh at the scene.

It all started when Yoona’s family throw him loads of question about how he knew Yoona. So, Luhan just spilled everything out. He didn’t know why Yoona didn’t tell her family about it, but now he knew. Yoona’s family was quite different. They laughed a lot but Luhan liked it. He felt like he was accepted to the family already because they treated him well eventhough they asked Luhan a lot of things.

Suzy ignored her parents’ childish quarrel and nudged Luhan, “Oppa, Yoona Unnie isn’t here.”

“So, where did she go?”

Suzy stared at him, “You really want to know?”

Luhan nodded. And Suzy continued, “First, give me Sehun Oppa’s phone number.”

He stared at Suzy in disbelief, “Seriously?”

Suzy nodded her head innocently while handing him her phone. Luhan looked at the phone. He didn’t have any choice. He needed to meet Yoona as soon as possible because he had schedule in two hours. Sehun-ah, sorry. He started to type Sehun’s number on Suzy’s phone. Suzy smiled but then she glared at Luhan, “Don’t you dare to give me wrong number or I will ask your phone number from Yoona Unnie and post it on Twitter.”

Luhan rolled his eyes and handed back her phone. Suzy continued, “Second, give me all Yoona Unnie’s things back.”

This girl is smarter than her sister, Luhan thought as he ped his backpack and hand Suzy all of Yoona’s things. Suzy checked on the things a little bit. Luhan said, “Finished?”

Suzy shook his head, “Not yet. There’s one more thing.”

“What?”

“Stay away from Sehun Oppa. I don’t want to see any HunHan moment on the internet because I ship HunZy.”

“What is HunZy?” Luhan asked curiously.

“Sehun and Suzy,” she grinned widely. Luhan laughed hardly while ruffling Suzy’s hair. Sehun will surely like this girl.

***

Yoona just arrived in the shopping market. It was hard to reach there since the road was slippery because of the snow. She walked in and tried to find the milk that her family always used. She found it and decided to just walk around the shopping market randomly since it was still so cold to walk outside. She stared at the boxes of ice cream in front of her. She wanted to buy it but—

“Eating ice cream in the winter isn’t a good choice, you know,” Someone said as if that person could read Yoona’s mind. She turned her head to look at the person’s face. She found someone familiar right in front of her and she heaved a deep sigh, “Not you, again…”

Luhan smiled widely at Yoona, “Long time no see, Yoona.”

***

As soon as Suzy said that Yoona went to a shopping market near the park, Luhan went there as fast as he could. And it wasn’t so difficult to find Yoona in the shopping market because the ice cream freezer was quite close to the entrance. He chuckled at Yoona’s face. She looked like an 8 years old girl who just saw ice cream for the first time.

He approached Yoona, “Eating ice cream in the winter isn’t a good choice, you know,”

Yoona turned her head and stared at him for a few seconds, and she sighed ,“Not you, again…”

Luhan couldn’t hide his happiness seeing Yoona again, so he smiled widely, “Long time no see, Yoona.”

Yoona rolled her eyes, “Our last meeting was three days ago, Luhan.”

“But you missed me already, didn’t you?” Luhan smirked at her.

“Keep on dreaming,” She answered as she walked to the cashier to pay for the milk. Luhan followed her silently and they walked out of the shopping market. Yoona glared at Luhan, “Will you stop following me?”

Luhan ignored her and said, “Get into my car.”

“Why should I?”

“Yoona, it is so freaking cold. The road is slippery. I don’t want to see you fall on your face,” Luhan said. Yoona was surprised to see how Luhan turned into a gentleman in front of her. She always thought Luhan as a jerk eventhough she knew he was actually nice. He was just too annoying sometimes. But, Yoona didn’t want to break her pride by accepting Luhan’s offer so she said, “It’s better to fall on my face rather than going into your car.”

Yoona was about to walk away when Luhan grabbed Yoona’s wrist, “Come on.”

She didn’t have any choice but to follow him. Luhan could feel Yoona’s finger trembled because of the cold. He intertwined his fingers to hers and put them into his winter coat pocket. Yoona felt her cheeks turned red but for the first time, she didn’t complain. She enjoyed it as if Luhan’s warmth thrilled along her heart.

***

“Luhan, you should turn left to reach my house,” Yoona told him as Luhan turned his car to the opposite direction.

“I’m hungry.”

Yoona stared at him in disbelief, “And, I want to go home.”

“Let’s get something to eat first,” Luhan glanced at him while smiling innocently at Yoona. She couldn’t believe she was trolled again by him. Yoona sighed in defeat because she knew it was hard to win against Luhan. He smiled and said, “Do you like Kimchi Jjigae?”

Yoona widened her eyes because Luhan just said one of her favorite food. Luhan chuckled at her, “I’ll take that as a yes. I know  a place where you can find the most delicious Kimchi Jjigae near here.”

Luhan turned his car to the left and stopped at a small restaurant beside a small apartment. Both of them walked out of the car. Yoona stared at Luhan curiously as he walked beside Yoona and intertwined his fingers to hers again and and put them into his winter coat pocket again. Luhan just smiled softly at Yoona as he guided Yoona to walk into the restaurant.

***

“Oh, Luhan. How are you? I saw you on TV yesterday. Aigoo, this young man is a star already,” a Grandma welcomed Luhan so warmly as both of them walked into the restaurant.

Luhan smiled at her brightly, he bowed, “Annyeonghaseyo, Grandma. I’m fine. How are you? You look really fine.”

Grandma laughed heartily, “Of course, I am—“ She glanced at Yoona and smirked at Luhan, “Oh, you have a girlfriend already?”

Yoona shook her head continuously and bowed”No, no. Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Yoona, nice to meet you.”

Luhan chuckled at the nervous Yoona and said, “No, Grandma. She’s my friend.”

“Ah, that’s so sad. I can see how both of you can make a great couple. Come on, sit sit. I will make the best Kimchi Jjigae for both of you.” Grandma guided both Luhan and Yoona to the nearest table from their position.  Both Luhan and Yoona sat as Grandma went away to the kitchen, preparing the food.

Yoona looked at Luhan, “You know her?”

Luhan nodded, “This place was my favorite place since my trainee days. Me and my friends lived in the apartment next to here. So, I used to come here with them because Grandma was so nice to everyone. She was like our second mother because we rarely met our mothers in trainee days. Even until now, it’s still hard to meet my mother.”

Yoona’s eyes softened as Luhan recalled his memory. She didn’t know why but she felt happy that Luhan shared a bit of his story to her, “You should call her instead of bugging me here.”

Luhan chuckled at her remark, “Maybe, I will, later. Bugging you is my first priority now.”

Yoona rolled her eyes, “Whatever.”

“What do you think about the thing Grandma said?” Luhan asked her while looking down to the ground. This was exactly what Luhan did when he felt nervous.

Yoona knew what Luhan meant, but instead of answering his question, she pretended being clueless as she threw him another question, “What thing?”

Luhan wanted to say the thing but he felt the words was stucked in his throat.”Forget it.”

Both of them fell in silence. Both of them knew, they still needed time to turn over a new leaf.

***

As soon as they finished eating, Luhan drove Yoona to her house. Luhan stopped the engine but Yoona still sat on her seat, “Thank you for the meal. It was good.”

Luhan smiled at Yoona, “No problem.”

Yoona waited for few seconds, “So… I guess you will never return my things back, won’t you?”

Luhan chuckled, “I gave it to Suzy. You can ask her later.”

Yoona widened her eyes, “You came to my house again?”

“Of course. So, how could I find you in the shopping market?” Luhan rolled his eyes.

Yoona couldn’t believe the guy in front of her eyes for being so annoyingly smart. She cursed Suzy for being such a brat twice today. “Well… Good bye?” Yoona didn’t know how to end the farewell.

Luhan grinned at her, “See you, Yoona.”

“I hope I’ll never see you again.”

“You said that kind of words to me twice but we kept seeing each other,” Luhan pouted his lips.

Yoona tried not to squel her heart out at the sight, “But, our little business is done now. So, I hope this is truly the last and final good bye, Luhan. Zai jian!” Yoona stucked out her tongue and walked away out of the car.

Luhan saw Yoona entered her house and he smiled once more, See you, Yoona.

***

Yoona found her homework and notebook was put on her studying desk. She checked on the homework and gasped at the papers in her hand. All of the questions were answered correctly until the end. There was even sticky notes sticked in every paper to explain where the answer came. Yoona read the sticky note in the last page of her homework papers, I haven’t told you that I was a Chinese literature student too. And, I was an A+ student, to be honest. Yoona stared at all of her papers in disbelief. Then, she felt a paper tucked between her toes. She took it and to take a closer look to the paper.

It was a flight ticket to China for next Sunday. There was another sticky note on the ticket again, See you again, Yoona. You will be seated next to me, anyway.

Yoona couldn’t hide her smile this time, Jerk will always be a jerk.

 

 


DONE. The sequel is freaking done ;A;

Sorry for dozen of grammar fails ;AAAA;

So, I leave the ending back to the beginning of the story. Both of them will be seated next to each other again in the flight haha.

So, it's like.. I leave the ending to all of you guys, it's up to you how you want them to continue their relationship,

it's up to you how you want both of them to turn over a new leaf khkh.

Well, once again. The sequel is done ;A; And my school already started, anyway T~T

But, I will write another story as soon as possible (probably another oneshot since I tend to get bored to write longer story T~~T lol)

It might be another Luyoon, or another SM pairings or maybe another Myungzy   :D

Feel free to throw me your comment!

And, thank you guys for reading, especially to all of you who read the sequel from the beginning. Thank you thank you <3