I Do Love You Too

One Sided?

“Baekho-hyung, let’s break up,” a feminine blonde boy stated.

“What?” Baekho replied utterly shocked. “Are you serious Ren?”

“I’ve been thinking about this for a while now,” Ren replied with his usual poker face.

“How long is that a while?” Baekho asked.

“Ever since this relationship started,” Ren replied monotonously. “I don’t think I ever did return your feelings hyung, maybe I just felt pity towards you when you confessed.”

Baekho was silent, he didn’t know how to react to this and he’s not sure if he wants to react to this situation. Ever since the start of their relationship there’s this nagging feeling behind his mind saying that all the love in this relationship is being given by him and not a single donation from Ren but he always manages to push it to the back of his mind.

“Ren…” Baekho started trying to get more words out but it failed.

“Don’t,” Ren said as he shook his head and started to walk away.

Baekho can finally feel his legs again as he watched the slightly younger male walk he ran after him but even as he runs with all his might and Ren is just walking Baekho couldn’t catch him and eventually he falls to the ground and as darkness engulfs him he hears his name being called.

“Baekho!” the voice called.

“Yah!! Baekho!!” the voice yells again as he slaps Baekho on the arm.

“Kang Dongho! If you don’t wake up right now I will pour ice in your pants!” and with that said Baekho opened his eyes just to face Aron’s.

“Aron-hyung,” Baekho sleepily noted the other.

“And he’s alive,” Aron joked. “Do you know how hard it was to wake you up?”

“Sorry hyung,” Baekho replied sleepily and tiredly.

“So,” Aron started as he stood up. “Wanna talk about it?”

“Talk about what?”

“About the fact that you and your bed is a complete mess because you’ve been shaking in your sleep,” Aron said with full concern. “What were you dreaming about?”

“I don’t even remember,” Baekho replied as he looked away. Lies, he clearly remembered how Ren broke his heart, how he just left him there to crumble, how he tried to stop him but the younger just couldn’t be caught. It was all so real and he just wants to forget.

“Then come on,” Aron smiled. “Breakfast is almost done.”

Once the two of them were out of the room they were immediately greeted by JR and Ren’s sleepy faces. Minhyun was still in the kitchen finishing their last batch of eggs for today’s breakfast. Aron immediately sat beside JR and Baekho took his place next to Ren, once he was beside the younger Ren laid his head on his shoulder as if it was the most obvious thing to do. Baekho had to smile at his feminine lover as he reminds himself that the break up is just a dream.

“And here’s breakfast,” Minhyun announced as he entered the room with food he just cooked.

Ren immediately got up from his lover’s shoulder and began eating as everyone followed suit.

“So what do you guys plan to do today?” Minhyun asked since he already told them that the next time they get a day off he’ll be spending it lazing in the dorm.

“Aron-hyung’s gonna buy me headphones today since he broke mine,” JR stated making Aron stare at him with wide eyes.

“I am?” Aron exclaimed.

“You are,” JR said simply making no room for arguments.

“Fine,” Aron reluctantly agreed. “But at least come with me so it won’t be boring.”

“I didn’t plan to let you go alone hyung,” JR smiled. “You might buy me cheap headphones so I’m gonna make sure you won’t do that.”

“I’m not that cheap,” Aron muttered as he went back to his food.

“How about you two?” Minhyun asked Baekho and Ren. “It’s been a while since the two of you went out alone.”

“I didn’t really think about going out today,” Baekho responded.

“Well you should go out,” Minhyun said.

“Or else you’ll grow old really quick,” Aron stated.

“But it’s not like we have anywhere to go,” Baekho stated.

“Another reason I asked if you guys have any plans is cause my cousin gave me 2 tickets to today’s carnival,” Minhyun stated with a smile. “But I don’t really wanna go out today so maybe you can use it instead of letting it go to waste.”

“Really Hyun?” Baekho said happily. “Thanks.”

“It’s fine,” Minhyun smiled. “Now finish breakfast so that the two of you could go out.”

Baekho did what the slightly elder male said as he continued with his breakfast, he was so thankful to have such supporting members. He had to admit he was longing for a day out alone with Ren but never had the chance to plan it or talk about it. He just had to smile while eating as he thought about what the two of them can do but when he looked at his side his smile faltered a little as he saw the youngest of them continue eating with his usual poker face not seeming to be feeling happy at all with their little date. Baekho had to suppress a sigh so that the others wouldn’t be alarmed or feel his sudden gloominess.

 

“You ready to go?” Baekho asked when he saw Ren get out of his room in a simple pink v-neck shirt and skinny jeans while he himself was wearing a plaid shirt and jeans, they didn’t want to attract attention so the simpler they dress the better.

“Yeah,” Ren simply answered as he stared back at his hyung.

“Then let’s go,” Baekho smiled as he stretched out his hand to the other Ren stared at it for a bit and Baekho was about to retract his hand but the young blonde grabbed it before he could then pulled his lover out the door. “Woah Ren, we’re not on the run here.”

“Sorry,” Ren muttered as he slowed down his pace still walking ahead but not letting go of Baekho’s hand.

“Its fine,” the slightly elder male laughed as he walked alongside the other. “You must just be excited for the carnival.”

“Yeah,” Ren replied simply as once again, he walked ahead making Baekho’s smile falter but he decided to let it slid since he doesn’t want to ruin this day.

The carnival is pretty close to their dorm so after a few minutes of walking the two of them finally reached the colorful place. Baekho’s eyes instantly lit up as he saw the rides and games the two of them could enjoy, he was still a kid during his last visit to the carnival so he plans to make this one really memorable.

“Hyung,” Ren said quietly as he tugged on the other’s hand while pointing at a huge roller coaster. “Let’s go on that first.”

“Arasso,” Baekho smiled as he led the way.

 

“Please fasten your seatbelts and keep your hands inside the ride at all times,” a voice from the speaker box announced as the roller coaster started to move.

Baekho looked clearly excited but when he looked at Ren’s nervous face he started to get worried but they couldn’t go down now for it was too late as the ride went up a steep slope. Baekho took hold of Ren’s hand the younger looked at him and he just smiled back making Ren show a face of relief. Then the ride suddenly went down and Ren had to duck a little as he squeezed Baekho’s hand tightly but the latter didn’t care as long as his lover felt safe.

“Are you okay Ren?” Baekho asked when they got off the ride.

“I’m fine,” Ren muttered. “I’m sorry about your hand.”

“It’s fine,” Baekho smiled as he ruffled the younger’s hair. “You don’t have to be sorry for these things Ren.”

“Thank you,” Ren replied as he looked down preventing Baekho to see the blush on his face.

“Now what do we do next?” Baekho mused as he looked around and then his eyes landed on a shooting game and one of the prizes was a huge white kitty cat stuffed doll and for some reason it looked like Ren. “Let’s play that.”

“But I don’t know how to play this game,” Ren said as they approached the shooting booth.

“Then I’ll play for you,” Baekho smiled as he paid the man in the booth.

“You’ve got 5 shots,” the man explained. “Hit 3 you pick a small prize you hit 5 you get a large prize.”

“Then I’m going for 5,” Baekho muttered to himself as he took aim.

And just as he said he did hit 5 of those pesky moving ducks making the people who were watching amazed as he smiled sheepishly when he returned the toy gun to the man behind the counter.

“5 clear shots,” the man said quiet impressed. “Pick your prize.”

“I’d like that white cat,” Baekho smiled and the man handed it over to him. He then turned around just to see his lover look at the huge cat with wide innocent eyes. “For you.”

“Really?” Ren asked as Baekho handed it to him.

“Of course,” the elder smiled.

“Thank yo-” Ren’s words were cut short by the giggling of the girls to his side.

“Aigoo~” one of them whispered to their friend. “What a perfect boyfriend that guy is.”

At these words something inside Ren feels happy and swells with pride.

“I know right,” her friend replied. “If that girl isn’t next to him then I would have asked him out immediately.”

At these words the swell of pride became a swell of anger within Ren.

“Who says you can’t snatch him away right now?” the first girl laughed.

At these words Ren pulled Baekho away from the booth and away from those girls.

Baekho was, needless to say, completely confused at this sudden action by Ren because unlike his lover he didn’t hear those flirtatious giggles coming from the two girls who wanted him for he was entirely blind to other girls as long as Ren was around, and even though Ren felt happiness to anger in less than a minute his usual poker face hid it from the elder.

“So where do we go now?” Baekho asked when Ren slowed down his pace.

“Anywhere but there,” Ren replied simply. “There were lots of pesky bugs there.”

“Really?” Baekho said for he didn’t notice the bugs at all.

“Let’s ride that hyung,” Ren said as he pointed to a ride that he just saw.

“Ok then.”

The rest of their carnival day went by in a blur. They rode at least every ride there was in the carnival but for some odd reason they never played another game. Sure it was fun riding all of that with the person you love but Baekho feels that Ren is literally avoiding for the two of them to be stuck in one place for a long time, even when they ate for lunch and snacks Ren would pick the farthest table or they walk while they eat.

In short Baekho is feeling quiet unsure at what the younger is trying to do. Is he ashamed of going out with him? His previous doubts about their relationship just suddenly returned ten folds and the images of his dreams that flash before him aren’t really helping. He really needs to get these doubts out of his heart for him to continue this relationship with a full smile and for that to happen he needs to talk to Ren.

“Let’s ride on that Ren,” Baekho smiled as he pointed at the large Ferris wheel.

“Sure,” Ren replied.

 

In complete honesty the Ferris wheel ride has to be the most calmest ride in the whole carnival yet the two of them are the most nervous for this one. It will be the first ride where it’s only the two of them alone in the compartment without the screaming and ruckus of the other passengers.

“So,” Baekho started although he doesn’t really know how. “Did you have fun today?”

“Yes,” Ren replied.

“That’s great,” Baekho smiled. “Did you have fun with me today?”

Ren opened his mouth to say something but then closed it at once as if contemplating on what to say.

“You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to,” Bakho said as he looked out the window just to avoid the other’s eyes.

A minute of silence fell between them but it felt at least an hour for Baekho. Why did this ride have to be so damn big? Why can’t it just be over so that this situation can also be over? Why can’t he just ask Ren directly if he loves him? Why does this whole relationship have to so ing har-

“I had fun today,” Ren started completely disrupting the other’s thoughts. “Because I was with you hyung.”

“What did you say Ren?” Baekho asked for he really couldn’t believe what he just heard. He looks at Ren who has his head hung low and he has to smile at this sight.

“But those girls ruin everything,” Ren muttered and all of a sudden Baekho understood why the younger doesn’t want to stay put in the same place and to be honest he was actually greatful for their constant walking cause it gives those damn pedos no time to look at Ren.

“Minki,” Baekho called the other’s real name making the blonde look directly at him. He cupped Ren’s face making the younger blush a little, he then moved closer until their foreheads touched. “I love you, you know.”

Again, silence fell on them as the two of them stayed rooted in their seats and as Baekho was going to lean back Ren suddenly closed the gap between their lips into a sweet kiss which the two of them completely melted in.

“I’m not really good with words hyung,” Ren explained when they pulled away for musch needed air. “I’m sorry.”

“I told you before Ren,” Baekho smiled. “You don’t need to be sorry about these things.”

Ren smiled at the other as he moved seats so that the two of them could be sitting side by side, he then took hold of Bakho’s hands as he lay his head on his shoulders.

“But,” Ren mumbled quietely. “I do love you too.”

Bakho was about to react but he felt the other hide his face in his shoulders so he chooses to say nothing and just stare at the stars outside with a huge smile that didn’t dissappear even a few days later.

 


 

I'm so sorry if Nu'Est is completely OC >_< I just don't now their personalities that well yet so I had a hard time writing this... and ren just seems like a non-talkative person to me which is why this story turned out like this...