Awkward

Beauty and BEAST

You reached their house and came in.

No one was in the living room. You went into the kitchen. For sure, Hyunseung was there, cooking up something for lunch.

 

He turned around after hearing the door creak.

 

"Oh, ~~~~~, did you sleep well?" He asked you.

 

"Yes, Hyunseung-oppa. Thank you." You told him, handing him the box the cake was in.

 

He took it. "What is it?"

 

You smiled and scratched the back of your head. "Sorry for the trouble that I caused last night."

 

He smiled. "There's no need for this, but thank you."

 

"I should be the one thanking you." You told him.

 

Hyunseung laughed. He placed the box inside the fridge, then continued cooking. You sat on the bar stool nearby.

 

"What happened with you and Doojoon-hyung, anyway?" He asked you.

 

You started thinking back, unsure of what to tell him.

"I don't know." You weren't sure if Doojoon would like it if you told Hyunseung about yesterday. Besides, you haven't even talked to Doojoon yet.

 

"Really?" Hyunseung said, still concentrating on what he was cooking.

 

"Really." You said.

 

"Alright." He said, in a somewhat sarcastic tone.

 

"Mianhaeyo, Hyunseung-oppa." You said, looking down.

 

He kept quiet. Both of you did. It stayed like this for a while but the sound of a door creaking broke the intense silence. Slowly emerging from the door was Doojoon.

 

"Good morning, hyung." Hyunseung said.

"Good morning, Doojoon-oppa." You said.

 

Doojoon looked at you, annoyed. He let out a breath, it wasn't something you could call a sigh. It was something much deeper.

 

You looked away from Doojoon.