Baby and the Photographer part 1

Baby Seobbie

It is weekend where Omma and Appa are home. I am busy playing with Appa who keeps chasing me around my room. I cannot run yet so I crawl around the wooden floor. Omma is standing at the corner of the room, watching us as she takes some picture with her phone.

“Aaa…. Hehehe,” I laugh loudly when Appa catches me and tickles me. He releases me and I quickly make my move to Omma, my hiding spot.

“Baby Seobbie, that is not fair,” Appa pouts which look really funny. I giggle while sitting before Omma.

Then, Appa continues his pouting expression and walks out of the room. I keep looking at the door, waiting. Is Appa really mad at me?

“Boo!” Appa suddenly appears behind the door. If only you can see Appa expression when he does that, it is so funny although it surprises me a little. I giggle as I clap my hand. I crawl away, signalling Appa to chase me.

Then, the bell rings. I stop and sit, looking at both Appa and Omma. Someone is at the front door. I wonder who the person is.

“I think it’s him,” Omma said excitedly, looking at Appa who is still standing at the door.

I wonder what makes Omma looks so happy. Is the person her friend?

“Baby Seobbie, come here,” Omma says to me as she knees down, stretching her both arm, as if asking me to hug her.

Since the distance between me and Omma is not that far, I decide to walk. I hold on to my baby crib to stand up and slowly waddle to Omma while my hands keep holding the baby crib.

“Aigoo, my baby Seobbie duck walk is so cute,” Omma says as she stands up with me on her chest. I giggle listening to Omma. She always says my duck walk is cute. I wonder what duck walk is.

She walks to the living room where I can see Appa and another unknown guy chatting at the sofa. That guy has a big black bag on his lap. I think even I can be stuffed into that bag.

“Is that the baby?” the guy says with his joyful expression when he sees me.

Mom brings me closer to Appa and that guy as she sits right beside Appa.

“Yup, his name is Yoseob but we call him baby Seobbie,” Appa replies as he takes a glance at me and softly ruffles my hair.

“Can I hold him?” the guy asks, looking at me excitedly.  Seeing him so close make me notice how big he is and he doesn’t look like Korean.

“Sure, he is quite friendly,” Appa replies.

He places his bag on the floor and gently takes me from Omma. He let me stand on his laps with me facing him while he supports me by placing his big hands under my arm. Then, he watches me with his kind knowing eyes.

“Hello baby Seobbie,” he greets happily, smiling.

Hello. “Eee..” I reply. He looks like a cheerful and friendly guy.

“I’m Dongwoon, a photographer. Today, I’m going to take a lot of your pictures,” he says with his eyes directly looks at me.

Picture? I like picture. Omma always shows me my picture that she takes and I believe I look cute. But, I don’t like my crying face. It looks ugly although Omma always says it is adorable and funny.

Please don’t take picture when I’m crying. “Dadadaa… Daaa…” I mumble, trying to reply him.

He laughs at my words. “You’re cute, Seobbie,”

Then, he gently makes me sit on his lap, facing Omma and Appa.

“He is friendly and responsive. I rarely meet baby like him. Usually, a baby with his age will be crying seeing a stranger,” Dongwoon hyung says to Omma and Appa while I am trying to look at him but fail. So, I stick my eyes to Omma and Appa.

“We believe he is special in his own way,” Omma replies as she looks at me with her lovely eyes.

“I’m glad that he is my last subject,” Dongwoon hyung speaks softly as if he is sad. I wonder why. Do I do anything that makes him sad? I turn my head upward to see his face, still can’t see it.

“Behh…” I try to make funny sound so he can cheer up. Since, Omma and Appa always laugh when I do that.

Dongwoon hyung slightly laugh and rubs my head softly. I think I fail to make him happy.

“What do you mean by last subject?” Appa asks with his worried and curious look. Omma is showing almost the same expression too.

“Being a photographer is quite difficult. Our financial status is unstable since it depends so much on demands. I decide to search for a better job with stable salary,” Dongwoon hyung explains.

“Well, life is not always about what you want,” Appa replies. Their conversation is too complicated. I don’t understand. Whatever it is about, it makes Dongwoon hyung, Omma and Appa sad.

“So, what usually makes him happy?” Dongwoon hyung asks as he holds my hands and plays with it. I take my hand from his and tap his hand repeatedly. The sound comes out from the tap is addictive and makes me feel like tapping it again and again.

“Well, bathing. He loves bubbles,” Omma answers. I stop tapping and quickly turn to Omma when she says bubbles. Can I play with bubbles again?

I want more bubbles. “Bebebuu…uuu…” I say while looking at Omma with my puppy eyes, begging.

Omma bursts in laughter together with Appa.

“He already excited upon hearing the word bubbles,” Dongwoon hyung states and I can hear he is laughing too. I don’t think I do something funny but I’m happy when everyone is laughing. Together with them, I giggle out cheerfully.

***********

I am in the bathtub with a lot of foams in it. Omma places a rubber mat about the same size of the bathtub at the bottom of it. She says so I won’t fall. I sit in the bathtub silently. The foam is about my shoulder level and I can feel the warm water at my waist.

I don’t like the idea of being because Dongwoon hyung will take picture of me being . However, Omma and Appa seem like they love the idea and I have to follow them.

Omma switches on the bubble maker machine which is hang at the wall, above the bathtub. Then, the bubbles blow out and floating above me. Watching the floating bubbles makes me forget that I’m . I instantly stand and try to reach the bubbles as they pop out. I giggle when I pop out one of it with my little finger.

A sudden bright light attacks me and I instantly fall down, sitting in the bathtub. I am shocked and startled. So, I start to cry.

“Does he hate flash?” Dongwoon hyung asks as he brings his camera to his chest.

Omma quickly reaches me and brought me to her hold as she softly rubs my back, trying to soothe me.

“We never try flash when we take picture of him. So, we never know,” Appa answers.

I slowly stop crying. I look at the bubbles which are floating around the bathtub from Omma shoulder. I really want to pop them out. I stretch my hand, trying to reach the bubbles. Omma notices me and places me back in the bathtub.

“Can you not using the flash?” Omma asks, sounds like she is begging.

I turn to Omma with by round curious eyes. What is flash?

“Sure,” Dongwoon hyung replies, smiling awkwardly. He looks like he does something wrong.

Then, a bubble passes me. I quickly reach for the bubble and another bubble come.

Clicks!

I quickly turn to that sound with my curious and confused eyes.

“That’s it, Baby Seobbie. You look super cute,” Dongwoon hyung says, while looking at me through his camera.

Clicks! Clicks!

The sound makes me wonder. However, when I see Omma and Appa smiling and laughing, looking at me, I know the sound is not harmful.

I continue playing with the bubbles, I chase them, pop them out. Sometimes I sit, waiting the bubble to come and I pop them out. Sometimes, the bubbles go too high that I can’t reach but they pop out in the end. Sometimes, I show to Omma and Appa when I manage to catch a bubble without popping it out and play with it before it finally pops out. My body is covered with foam. It even reaches my face and cheeks but I don’t mind. It doesn’t hurt me.

After a while, the clicking sound stops. Omma comes to me and smiles. “Auwww, it is time to end your bubble time,”

It’s okay. I can play them again, right? “Dadadaa… dadaa…” My voice echoes in the bathroom.

Omma laughs and carries me out from the bathtub. She covers me with my Poporo printed towel.

“We have schedule after this for few hours. Are you sure you can take care of him alone?” I hear Appa talks to Dongwoon hyung.

“Don’t worry. This is not my first time taking care of baby,” Dongwoon hyung replies with his assuring smile.

Listening to those sentences, I am able to sense that Omma and Appa will leave the house soon. They always do that and leave me with Hyosung noona, my babysitter. She is kind and funny. I wonder if Hyosung noona will truly come today.

**********

I am wearing a panda jumpsuit. Omma says I will look cute in the pictures later. I like this clothes, it is so warm and fluffy and cute and pretty.

“We will be back after 2 hours. If anything happen, call us,” Omma says as she walks out of the door while Appa has already waited outside.

I am in Dongwoon hyung hold, looking at Omma and Appa walk away. I turn to Dongwoon hyung, asking. Will Hyosung noona comes? “Nananaa…?”

Dongwoon hyung looks at me and smiles. “I don’t understand you baby Seobbie. But, if you are hungry or uncomfortable, just cry, okay?”

I pout. If only Junnie hyung is here. He does understand me a little bit, at least.

Dongwoon hyung chuckles. “It seems like you understand me,” he continues his small laugh.

Of course, I do. I hate the fact that adults don’t understand me. I continue my pout.

Dongwoon hyung makes me sit at the sofa before he takes a few steps backward. He brings his camera to his face and clicks!

I keep looking at the camera that Dongwoon hyung hold with my curious and interested round eyes. Omma and Appa never use camera. They take my pictures with their phone.

Click! Click!

I tilt my head to the side, wondering more. Dongwoon hyung camera is bigger and black and has a big round glass at the front and it keeps making ‘click’ sound.

“Your curious look is so adorable. Keep making it,” Dongwoon hyung says, still looking through the camera.

Click! Click!

I stretch my arm, trying to hold the camera but it is too far away. I look down, watching the floor. My panda hood covers my face fully. I push it upward. I don’t like when it blocks my sight.  I know that I need to climb down the sofa to go to the camera.

“Baby Seobbie!” he calls me repeatedly. I think he wants me to look at the camera but I want to touch the camera.

Click! Click!

I turn my back to the camera and slowly let my right leg down the floor with my both hands support me by holding the sofa.

“Baby Seobbie? Do you need my help?” Dongwoon hyung asks but he is too late. I already stand on the floor as my hand hold the edge of the sofa. I turn my face to the camera.

Click! Click!

“That’s it. So cute,” Dongwoon hyung says.

I giggle when he says that. I know I am cute. I intentionally show my double teeth since Omma says they look cute too.

Click! Click!

“Laugh more, Baby Seobbie. You look super cute when you laugh,” Dongwoon hyung says to me.

I sit on the floor, with my back facing the sofa. I laugh, stretching my both hands to the camera. I still can’t reach it. I position myself so I can crawl. I crawl to the camera but it keeps further away. Dongwoon hyung will step a step backward each time I crawl forward. I keep crawling, while sometime one of my hand stretch to reach the camera.

 Camera. “Aaa..” I say, almost crying. I want the camera. “Aaaa! Aaaaa!…” My eyes start to get teary.

Dongwoon hyung finally stops. He let his camera falls to his chest and comes to me. “What is it baby Seobbie? Are you hungry?” he asks worriedly, while he places his both hands under my arms. He lifts me up, making me sit on his chest, directly beside his camera.

“Do you want to eat?” he asks again, looking at my teary face.

However, my sight is just on the camera. I am no longer crying. I extend my arm and my little fingers finally touch the camera.

“You want the camera?” he asks, finally understand me.

I ignore him, focusing on the black thing. I try to take it but I can’t. It sticks to his chest.

“It’s too heavy for you,” Dongwoon hyung says. “I’ll help you,”

He places me back on the sofa. I look upward, watching him pull out the camera from his chest and place it in front of me.

 


Baby fact #1 Baby make funny sound to make his/her parents laugh

I'm sorry for taking a long time to post this. What do you think? I decide to post baby fact that I never know. It helps me and I hope it helps you too.