Backstab

Backstab

 

Backstab

Summary: Hyunseung and Yoseob talk behind their ex the groom's back.

 

"I can't believe he's straight," a short blonde boy said quietly, fuming as he crossed his arms. He was wearing a white tux that accentuated his features. He sat at the end of the long chair.  

"Well, I can't believe he's getting married," another boy talked to him, a boy who had an orange hair and wore the same kind of tux, but only in black. He was at the end of the long chair like him. It appeared as if they were sitting beside each other, if it wasn't for the big walkway plastered with a red carpet separating them.

"And you are," the blonde asked, taking time to observe the boy across him. The man had orange hair styled fashionably, eyeliner on the corner of his eyes and defined cheek bones.  "Jang Hyunseung. And you?"

"Yang Yoseob," the blond man introduced himself. Said man growled a little bit when he saw the groom smiling happily. He spat, "So you know the groom too, huh?"

"Yeah, met him at a bar twice," Hyunseung answered with a bitter tone.

"Oh! Doojoon's bar," he questioned his companion. Hyunseung thought how easy it was for the boy's emotions to flicker. One second he was full of hate, the second he was not. "Yeah, I met him there too," he said in a bitter, low voice. Right, just like that, Hyunseung thought. 

Hyunseung tried to change the subject as to cheer Yoseob, despite feeling a little hurt too. "How come I've never seen you? I mean, I always hang out at Doojoon's crib."

"I don't hang out there anymore, until.. well, them," he said solemnly, pointing out the soon-to-be-weds Junhyung and Hara. Hyunseung and Yoseob sighed.

"So what did he say to you when he first met you," Hyunseung asked.

"Oh, you had one too?" He glanced at Hyunseung. "Err.. Something about "Hey, your eyes are so pretty I want to melt in them" and some "Where's your wings? I thought you were an angel in first sight." Blech. It's pretty lousy if you ask me. “Yoseob commented as he shrugged his shoulders. Hyunseung let out a small laugh.

"It is lousy, heck; he even said "Hey, did you come out from a painting? I'm sure I've seen that beautiful chiseled jaw somewhere," Hyunseung cited his experience as Yoseob laughed, but remembered they were in a ceremony. Not that he cared though; the groom and the bride can drop off dead somewhere else.

"Yuck! That's so lame! I swear if it wasn't for his toned body and husky voice, I'd never jump on him!"

Both of them laughed, but it died down, and bitter smiles danced upon both of their faces. They knew the painful truth, even if they were speaking behind the groom's back, both of them still loved Junhyung.

"I guess that makes the two of us stupid, huh?" Hyunseung stole a glance at Yoseob as the blonde nodded. "But you do have pretty eyes, Yoseob."

Hyunseung's words flowed like water with his unique, manly voice. Yoseob realized, it was the first time Hyunseung said his name. Strange as a beaver, but he liked the sound of his name. 

"And you do have a marvelous jaw, Hyunseung. If I were to compare, yours would be the best I've seen," he complimented, not because he was required to return the compliment earlier, but it was what he had observed. Hyunseung smiled a little, and muttered a small thank you in return. Yoseob thought that he should smile often.

Due to their conversation, they failed to take notice of the couple's exchange of vows, now watching Junhyung slid the wedding ring on Hara's slender finger.

Both of them glared at the groom, bore holes upon his head figuratively, in their expression of hate, bitterness and pain. How could this guy leave them both? 

"Jerk," Hyunseung heard Yoseob say. 

"," Yoseob heard Hyunseung say.

They both turned to each other and snickered. Hyunseung teased, "I can't believe you fell for his lame pick-up lines!" 

"I can't believe you liked him!" Yoseob retorted.

"I can't believe we're still talking about him!" Hyunseung responded exasperatingly.

"Yeah, you're right," Yoseob said, looking at the couple kissing as the cheers grew louder. He glared at them before shrugging. "Oh well," he thought. 

"Wanna grab some drinks and backstab him?" Yoseob asked Hyunseung, hoping that he would consider the offer. Hyunseung raised a brow.

"Or you know, talk about something else except him?"

Hyunseung smiled as he replied, "How about both? Dibs on his fake tattoos though."

"Wait, his tattoos were fake? Ugh. Dibs on his trying hard english lines!"

", why haven't I thought of that?" Hyunseung said out loud, making Yoseob laugh. Hyunseung liked his laugh. 

"So Doojoon it is?" Hyunseung asked, just to make sure.

"Nah, let's go to Mir's. Doojoon's place is our place with him."

Hyunseung shrugged. "Lead the way then," he said to Yoseob, smiling. Yoseob stood from his chair and Hyunseung did too. The blonde grabbed Hyunseung's arm.

"You got a car," Yoseob inquired as they marched off from the church, unaware of the blissful couple behind them.

"Yeah, but we can always steal their car, don't you think?" Hyunseung proposed as a mischievous smirk appeared on his face.

"Oh the devil you are, Hyunseung." Yoseob replied to him. "Although it's against my morals, it's the only time I can get back at him." He paused, then announced, "You're on!" he yelled, as they ran to the white limousine, and taking it as a hostage. And the car run off, a 'Happily Wed' sign on the back of the car.

They never knew the reaction of the groom as the couple stepped out of the church, but rumors spread that the groom fainted, and the culprits were happy as hell.