Encounter

Encounter

 

 

The tall figure of a person, platinum blonde hair with a few blue strands, long limbs and a slim body line.

When he walked past me a sense of familiarity, comfort and home lingered in the air.
It was too much to say I knew him but my heart told me I would.
I didn't know his name, nothing about him at all but still I knew everything and far more than anyone who had ever tried to understand him.

There was a strong tug in my heart.
A suffocating feeling of a fading opportunity that cause my chest to feel tight and my pulse to race.
A hint of pain mingled with the feeling as if I had found something I'd been seeking, as if it was ripped away from me at the exact moment I recognized I had longed for it.
I kept walking, not looking back while my heart ached, a voice in my head begging for me to turn around.
I stepped down the stairs down to the subway entrance with my mind still filled with the sight of the boy I didn't know.
My mouth felt dry my palms sweaty and the voice got louder and the pain in my chest grew as I felt the loss of something I'd never called my own before.
It was weird, it was confusing and even more scary and all the more beautiful.
My hand was already reaching into the back pocket of my jeans, my fingertips brushing the paper of my subway ticket when the voice in my head screamed at me, echoing in my head, the words ringing in my ears.

-I need him in my life!-

 

And it was now or never as my heart took control of my body and my mind kept telling me I was stupid and weird while the voice in my head kept cheering me on.

I spun around not quiet understanding what I was about to do.
I bumped into a guy that was standing behind me in line and he snarled at me but I didn't care.
 I nodded my head mumbling a quick -sorry- before I pushed through the people that had filled into the small entrance.
I jumped up the stairs 3 steps at a time, my hand on the rail pulling my body up with force as I nearly flew over the stairs.
My heart was throbbing hardly in my chest as my breath got heavy and I started panting while the voice in my head kept telling me to go faster.
I couldn't be late; I had to make it in time to no matter where and no matter how as long as I found him in that crowd of people.
I thought he couldn't be there anymore, he had to be gone already and I wasn't going to find him after all and it was the scariest thought that had ever crossed his mind.

 

I pushed through the bodies, shoving people aside not caring if they thought I was rude and not even listening to their complaints.
I passed the coffee shop the spot where I had noticed him and I ran faster, my legs hurting from the force I put into my steps my lungs burning from the lack of oxygen.
He couldn't be too far, he had to be close and I just had to find him because he was bound to be found.
My feet carried my further straight down the promenade and my eyes scanned the shop windows to both sides in case he wasn't on the street anymore.
A stinging pain raided my sides as my body demanded air but I forced myself to keep running, to keep searching because it couldn't be over.
I pushed through a mob of people and I gasped in relief.
 

I saw the blond mob of hair in front of me, the light blue strands in it and my heart fluttered with happiness as the feeling of home retrieved to my chest.
My hand darted for the boy’s wrist, grabbing it tightly as if to never let go again.
The boy stumbled a little as I held him back.
He spun around his big brown eyes wide open, a little panic and shock displayed in them.
I felt sorry because I startled him and he probably thought I was crazy and maybe I was and maybe I was just perfectly fine with that.

A smile crawled onto my face, a big wide gummy smile as my eyes roamed the boy’s features looking at him as if I recognized him though in fact facing him for the first time.

 

"Let's be friends!"

 I blurred out the words in between my panting and a little nervousness tingled in my chest.
And I was afraid of denial, scared of being misunderstood and horrified on the thought of the boy leaving my life as fast as he'd entered it.
 

Thought I already knew what the answer would be.
 I knew form the way he kept our eyes locked how he not even tried to release from my grip and somewhere beneath the astonishment in his eyes I could see the mutual understanding of this utterly confusing and overwhelming situation.
I knew and he probably felt it too as he blinked shyly and the corners of his lips twitched in the vague attempt of a smile.
 

In my mind the picture of memories formed, memories we had yet to create and my stomach got raided by butterflies at the anticipation.

And I could hear us laughing together and I saw his perfect and heartwarming smile the one I had never seen before but just knew it existed.
I knew it could brighten my days and it would make me feel at ease and it was a piece in the puzzle of my existence and he was a chapter in the story of my life.

 

And then I got anxious again because he hadn't talked and only looked at me with that slightly distraught glance and his emerging smile had never made it onto his lips.
My mouth went dry as I waited for him to mouth the words I craved to hear.
Matter of fact any reaction that proved me right.
Something that showed that I hadn't been out of my mind when I chased after him because he was a part of me for whatever odd reason and he simply belonged to my life. 
And I prayed to the heavens that he did know after all.
And I hoped he felt the same dazzling emotions that ran through my body making me do things I had never done in my life before. 
I thought I had seen it in his eyes but somehow my insecurity retrieved when no replay passed his lips.
I furrowed my eyebrows and bit onto my lip as I stared into his eyes to find a sight of comprehension while my heart kept pounding wildly against my ribcage.
He stared back at me with a blank expression and I was feeling panic crawl up my bones and the seconds felt like hours while people pushed pass us and I just kept waiting.

And then his lips twitched just a little as a tiny chuckling noise made its way pass them and my heart stumbled on the sound.
His features softened and he still seemed amazed but also slightly amused as a smile crawled onto his lips and his eyes started sparkling.

 

"You're weird." he said and it wasn't the kind of weird as in -you're scary- or -you're bizarre- it was the kind of weird that got us connected.
It was the kind that meant I was special and the kind that meant he liked me for my crazy actions, for my odd forwardness and for the simple fact that I sincerely liked him too.

And I let go of his wrist because I knew he wouldn't leave anymore and I laughed along with him while we both awkwardly rubbed our necks.
I smiled at him and he smiled back and it was the first step onto a road of memories we'd make.
Times filled with laughter and cheers and through various emotions and I could barely stand the urge to grab his hand and dash down that path together.

Because I had finally found what I never knew I had been longing for and it was so undeniable that we were the missing piece in the pictures of each other’s life.