Dream in the Air

Dream in the Air [Henry Lau Oneshot]

You were browsing the selection of movies on the small LCD screen at your seat as you awaited for your flight to take-off. After months of work and nights of baby sitting you finally earned enough money to go on your dream vacation to Hong Kong. To say you were excited was quite an understatement, since you were incredibly anxious the moment the air hostess led you to your window seat. However, since you were traveling alone you were worried about who you would be sitting next to. You just hoped that you wouldn't end up next to an obnoxious grubby person, otherwise your sixteen hour flight to Hong Kong would be utterly unbearable.

Already bored of the plane's insipid selection of movies, your eyes begin to wander towards the aisle as you awaited to see who would be accompanying you. People of various age, stature, and color were filing in like an endless Congo line. As the passengers found their seats, they loaded their cabin luggage into the upper compartments, you on the other hand, kept your luggage on the floor in front of the ruby red seat next to you. How you wished you didn't overstuff your petunia pink luggage with bulks of clothing. It made it practically impossible for you to lift it over your head. Either you needed to stop packing your entire wardrobe or you needed to spend more time in the weight room neither of which particularly enticed you.

While the passengers continued to pour into the plane like water from a pitcher, one of them seemed to be eyeing you from behind the line. He was quiet tall and had a lean stature, despite the chubbiness of his cheeks that made him look like a baby chipmunk. His sunny orange T-shirt made him shine bright among all the other people boarding the plane. He had on a matching baseball cap slightly tilted to one side of his forehead that highlighted his young friendly face. He kept his gorgeous almond eyes glued to you as he walked towards you dragging his cherry red luggage behind him. You got so lost in his dreamy eyes that before you knew it he stood right before you with his face peering down at your luggage.

"Um...I think this is my seat" he stated with a gentle tone as he pointed to the seat next to you with his slender finger. You quickly  pulled your luggage towards your own seat to make way for him.
"Omo! s-s-sorry" you stuttered in embarrassment as you tucked your long black hair behind your ear.
"Hehe, don't worry about it! ...Umm do you want some help with that?" he asked flashing you a charming smile as he watched you uncomfortably fiddle with your luggage.
"Oh...umm...yeah that would be a huge help" you replied shyly moving your luggage over towards him.

He then swiftly took it out of your hands and placed it in the overhead compartment after placing his luggage in as well. You sat down and laid your head back against your soft plush seat with your hands relaxing on the arm rest. With your eyes closed awaiting the take-off of the plane, you suddenly felt a hand lightly brush against yours. You immediately opened your eyes while your hand quickly jumped from the armrest.

"Oh sorry! Wrong armrest!"

You looked over to the seat next to you and noticed a pair of shimmering brown eyes warmly greeting you.

"It's okay" you mumbled softly still tickled by the warm touch that lingered on your skin.
"I'm Henry by the way, Henry Lau" he introduced sticking his hand out towards you.
"Nice to meet you Henry, I'm __________" you answered happily shaking his hand.

As you felt his fingers against your palm, you could feel bumps of hardened skin, something you have never felt before when shaking hands with someone. He then quickly pulled his hand back and looked down at his palm.

"Haha sorry...my hand is a bit rough isn't it?" he giggled as he his palm with his other hand. You leaned closer to his seat to get a better look at the uneven texture of his hand.
"Oh my gosh...what happened?" you questioned noticing the hard calluses blanketing his skin.
"Oh its nothing serious, it's all from violin. I've been playing since I was six so it seems to have taken a toll on my hand" he replied casually.

Your eyes suddenly lit up at the sight of his dry hands and you began to vigorously shuffle through your purse. After a few seconds of digging, you pulled out a small bottle of hand lotion.

"Here, I think you need this more than I do" you stated with a smile on your face while handing the lotion towards him.
"Are...are you sure?" he asked looking into your eyes.
"Haha yeah I'm sure, I haven't even opened it yet and I have plenty in my cabin luggage anyway" you assured smiling gleefully. He then took the bottle from your hands and brought it to his button nose inhaling its fragrance.
"No way...is this what I think it is?" he asked astonishingly.
"Hehe it's lychee" you giggled amused by how entranced he was by its sweet fragrance.
"Oh I know! I would recognize this smell anywhere! Thanks! Haha I'll use it well." He then eagerly squeezed the bottle causing a pool of lotion the size of a cookie to coat his entire palm.
"Uh whoops" he chuckled as he tried to blend the lotion within his hands.

You laughed along with him as you watched him struggle with the excessive amount of lotion trailing down his fingers.

"Wow, you love lychees that much huh?"
"Not exactly...haha do you mind?" he asked extending his hands out towards you.

You were a bit flustered at first by his sudden notion, till you noticed his pleading eyes exchanging glances between you and his lychee fragranced hands. You slowly held out your hands as he begin to gently wipe some of the creamy lotion onto your palm. Despite the hardness of the calluses coating his fingers his hands felt smooth and comforting as his skin glided against yours.

"I remember when my hands used to be as smooth as yours" he stated soothingly as his thumb gently spread lotion on the back of your hand.

His skin felt so delicate and tender that it made you wish he would never let go, but suddenly the P.A. System on the plane informing passengers to turn off their cell phones and strap on their seat belts to prepare for take-off. Since this was your very first flight you were honestly terrified of taking off. You always had a slight worry in your heart that something bad would happen. Nonetheless, you quickly clicked on your seat belt along with Henry. As the plane's wheels slowly begin to churn you could feel your heart pumping a thousand miles and hour. You clenched on tightly to the armrests with both hands and tilted your head back against the seat. You kept your eyes glued to the ceiling as the plane approached the runway and picked up its speed underneath you. Henry looked over at you with worried eyes as he noticed your apprehensive body quivering against the seat.

"Hey _______, are you alright?" He leaned a bit forward in his seat to get a better look at your face.
"Y-Y-Yeah it's just that...this is my first plane ride so I'm a little nervous about taking off...I'm afraid something might happen" you explained with your eyes still glued to the roof.
"Hey now...everything will be okay."

Suddenly, you could feel it-it that warm refreshing touch that you had received just moments ago had returned, except this time the tingling sensation wasn't going to end anytime soon. You silently lowered your head from the ceiling and let your eyes wander to your arm rest where you noticed Henry's hand planted on top of yours.

"Just close your eyes and think of your favorite place...I'll tell you when we're up in the air" he whispered sweetly while giving your hand a light squeeze.

You silently nodded your head in agreement as you shut your eyes closed enraptured by Henry's warm skin dancing on your hand. The tires of the plane were spinning even faster and soon the ground underneath you disappeared as the plane slowly lifted off the ground. Your hand was now glued to Henry's, holding his hand tightly on top of the arm rest. He kept his eyes fixed on your worried face and noticed your eyes still firmly closed.

"_________ it's okay now, we're up in the air" he chuckled lightly the back of your hand with his thumb. You then carefully opened your eyes feeling his sweet voice echo in your ears. When you peered out your oval window all you could see was the bright baby blue sky covered with fluffy white clouds. You never thought the sky could look so tranquil and beautiful. Just the sight of the calm morning sky and having Henry next to you was enough to relax your nerves.

"Wow...it's so beautiful" you stated in awe as you continued to gaze out the window.
"If you think this is beautiful wait till we land. The aerial view of Hong Kong at night is absolutely breath taking." You turned your head away from the window to meet Henry's genial face.
"Really? You've been to Hong Kong before?"
"Haha yeah, my dad's from there so I try to go every year to visit my grandparents on my father's side."
"Oh that's cool, I wish I had relatives there...that way I could save some money instead of killing my wallet paying for hotel rooms" you joked.
"Haha that's true! Where are your relatives from?"
"Well I was born in Taiwan, so I have a lot of family there, but I haven't visited them in a while."
"Taiwan?! No way! I'm was born in Taiwan too and my mom's from Taipei!" Henry exclaimed enthusiastically.
"Really?! Wow what a coincidence! A lot of my relatives reside in Taipei too!"
"This is crazy! I rarely ever bump into people from Taiwan...especially on an airplane!"
"Hehe~ well there's always a first for everything."
"Yeah it would appear so! Haha! So where are you staying?"
"I'm staying at The Red Dragon, its right on the harbor." Henry's eyes suddenly widened in surprise upon hearing your answer.
"...The Red Dragon? Isn't that place really expensive?" Henry questioned curiously.
"Yeah unfortunately" you mumbled. "But all the other cheaper hotels on the harbor were already fully booked, so I had no other choice. Guess I just won't be spending too much money shopping there haha."
"Hmm... Maybe you can" Henry said as he took his baseball cap off his head revealing his soft black hair.
"...Eh?"
"Sorry if I'm being too forward but...how would you like to stay at my grandparent's house? I mean, you did mention that you wanted to save some money so I thought maybe it could help you out a bit" Henry offered.
"...Are you serious?" you asked in complete disbelief.
"Haha yeah! My grandparents live more inland though...is that okay with you?"
"That's no problem at all! ....but....but what if your grandparents think I'm invading their home?" you pouted.
"Haha! Don't worry about that. They love Taiwanese people hence they adore my mom so I'm pretty sure they'll love you too" Henry assured with a sweet smile on his bright face.
"Oh my gosh! This is so...unbelievable. Thank you so much...you're so thoughtful! Really, you are doing me such a huge favor!"
"Hehe no problem! Looks like we might actually end up seeing more of each other even after we get off this plane" he stated cheerfully with a gleaming smile on his face that accentuated his chubby cheeks.
"That is if I manage to get off this plane in one piece...I'm already getting the jitters just thinking about landing" you explained with a nervous tone.
"Don't worry, I'll make sure you get to Hong Kong in one piece" he assured with his hand gently yours.
"Thank you" you whispered softly feeling the warmth of his hand seep into your skin. "I have no idea how I'm going to repay you though" you muttered disappointedly.

Henry's eyes then suddenly fell upon a Hong Kong brochure that was placed in the back pocket of the seat in front of him.
"Hmm...I think I know how" Henry replied pulling the tourism brochure from out of the seat and holding it in front of you.

You tilted your head to one side a bit confused by his sudden notion.

"Eh? How?"
"Hmm...well how would you like to save yourself some money on a tour guide?" Henry asked with a hopeful glow in his crystalline eyes.
"You...want to show me around Hong Kong?" you responded with an amused expression. "You really wouldn't mind doing that? I mean, I don't want to be a burden to you on your own trip..."
"Sure! I don't mind at all. Plus it gets boring touring around by yourself when you do it practically every year."
"Omo really? Thank you! Well I hope you'll take good care of me then" you said optimistically as you looked into his glossy brown eyes.
"I'll take good care of you I promise. You're in good hands so don't worry about a thing" Henry assured.

Looks like this dream vacation of yours will turn out to be a lot more fun than you've ever imagined and who would have thought you'd score your own adorable tour guide on your way there. Seems like your money saving nature had paid you off in the end ;)


Man I wish i could sit next to Henry on a plane...especially for 16 entire hours LMAO COUNT ME IN HAHA

Plus Henry is my ultimate bias so frankly i wouldn't mind being on a plane with him all my life LMAO ;)

teehee so I hope you guys enjoyed this one!

Please feel free to share your thoughts/reactions below! I would really like to hear them! ^^