In which LuHan is Kai's fan from So You Think You Can Dance-Korea.

Phantasmagoria

 

.In which LuHan is Kai's fan from So You Think You Can Dance-Korea

AU!    |    1, 631 words    |    Humor, Romace, slight crack

 

 

 


"Oh my God." LuHan screams and Yixing cringed, covering his ears.

"Could you please keep the fangirling to a minimum level." Yixing says drolly, flicking the channels. 

Immediately LuHan screams again and hits him with the pillow.

"Go back! Go back!"  

LuHan has potentially ruined Yixing's eardrums. "Ow--wait, dammit-"

He flicks back to the previous channel and immediately LuHan plasters himself close to the screen, eyes wide and unblinking like he wants to fall into the show itself.

The camera focuses on the host, Jung Sooyeon, who immediately smiles, batting her pretty eyes.

"Welcome back to So You Think You Can Dance- Korea!" She says, and LuHan screams.

"Lu--could you please stop screaming." Yixing says.

"But--I've been waiting for the show for days, Yixing." LuHan says, looking at him and squeezing the pillow with his fingers.  "Oh my God, shut up, shut up-- I can't hear her!"

The host continues to speak. 


"This is the finals, so we only have four of our original top 20! Only one of them will walk away as Korea's dancing machine.  So now, without further ado, welcome our judges for today! As always, Rino Nakasone, looking divine as ever, Shim Jaewon, our resident choreographer for famous groups and Lee SooMan, executive producer of one of the leading entertainment companies in Korea!"

Yixing was becoming concerned. "LuHan, your face is turning purple. Breathe--yeah, that's it, breathe."

LuHan nods rapidly, eyes never leaving the screen, mouth opening and closing in intervals, looking pretty much like a fish out of water.

"---so our first act of today will be our favorite blossoming star! You all know him as the child prodigy, and Korea's photogenic guy.For today, he'll be doing contemporary, so give it up for Kai!"

Yixing stuffs LuHan's mouth with a pillow, stifling his scream. LuHan doesn't even notice, eyes too focused on the figure on the stage.

Kai was dressed only in pants, leaving his upper body bare. Yixing hears screaming from the female audience and beside him, LuHan was sighing longingly, hand creeping to touch the screen, like he could actually touch Kai's body.

The music starts and all at once Kai loses the stoic countenance and his face transforms--- his whole body executes the movements like he's a walking piece of art and Yixing could see why LuHan was absolutely dying over the young man.

The camera zooms on his face, eyes closed and mouth open, lips glistening and his forehead slick with sweat.

LuHan starts shaking Yixing roughly, the latter's head bobbing with the movement.

"Did you see that Yixing, did you seeee---" LuHan said, almost hyperventilating. 

Kai executes a few more complicated moves before finishing with a stance that leaves Yixing wondering if it was actually possible for other humans to do.

"Oh my God," LuHan rambles, hand over his heart. "He was amazing and he's going to win I'm sure of it."

Yixing wholeheartedly agrees.






Their prediction comes true. Kai actually wins which prompts another round of screaming from LuHan, completed with him rolling on the ground, legs raised in the air like an upturned cockroach.

"Could you stop that. You look weird." Yixing says, eyebrow raised as he continues shoveling rice in his mouth. "And you've been doing that for over an hour. aren't you tired?"

LuHan gasps, catching  his breath, throat dry and hoarse from screaming. He wipes the sweat off his forehead. "I'm just so happy he won, Yixing!"

"I know you are." Despite LuHan's craziness, Yixing could actually the genuine happiness shining in his eyes. 

Yixing could also see that LuHan was half in love with Kai, even if the latter did not realize it himself. Yet.

He smiles.

"I know you are."





A few days later LuHan presses a hand to a poster of Kai hanging in the wall of their apartment reverently.

Yixing just rolls his eyes, slapping LuHan on the arm lightly when the latter plops next to him on the couch. He flicks Yixing on the arm in response.

LuHan watches boredly as Yixing continues to flick through the channels, looking for something interesting to watch. 

They settle to watching another rerun of a drama.





It's a few minutes after the current episode has ended when the news pop up. LuHan is barely watching, eyes halfway closed, yawning.

"For our celebrity news, it seems like Kai, this season's dancing machine of So You Think You Can Dance Korea, is planning to go on a country tour with the rest of this season's finalists!" the reporter says.
"His schedule shall be released soon enough, so stay tuned for updates!"

LuHan starts hitting Yixing with a pillow.







Predictably, LuHan goes when he hears that the crew was in the city. He scrambles around their apartment, stuffing the toast he snatched from Yixing's plate into his mouth.

The latter watches him amusedly, stirring his cup of coffee.

"I am going to die, Yixing." LuHan says after swallowing down the bread. "I'm going to die."

"Okay." Yixing says.

"Why are you not worried for my sake." LuHan says, kneeling in front of Yixing. The latter shrugs, downing his food with a glass of water.

"You say it a lot when it pertains to Kai." Yixing points out.

"...Oh."






LuHan's heart was thundering in his chest. Surreptitiously he wiped the sweat of his palms on his jeans, hearing the faint voice of his idol only a few meters away from him.

He was finally going to see Kai in person. He was finally going to see his beauty in real life. He was finally going to touch that hand which had performed art on stage. He was finally given the chance to thank Kai for the inspiration. He was finally---

Someone taps him on the shoulder. LuHan wheels around, confused.

"Yes?"

"You're next."

OhGodOhGodOhGod---







The first thing LuHan notices is that Kai didn't look any different in person and on stage. He was still gorgeous, all bronzed, unmarked skin with a beautiful jaw and even more beautiful lips; hair tousled in a way that accentuated his features.

There's the loss of the perpetual smirk that LuHan sees on stage though. Still, he stares.


"What's your name?"


"LuHan." he says belatedly, laughing nervously. Kai gives him a smile, displaying rows of shiny white teeth. His smile lights up his whole face and it makes him look even more beautiful.

"Nice to meet you, LuHan."

LuHan feels like he could die. His mind flies away from him even after Kai had finished signing LuHan's picture of him.

"Thank you." LuHan says, clutching the photograph close to his chest. Kai smiles at him, and LuHan is lead away from him by one of the staff.

When he looks back, though, he sees Kai staring at him intently, a small smile playing on his lips.





"He was even more beautiful in real life, Yixing." LuHan gushes as he squeezes the pillow in his fingertips. "He wasn't smirking but he was smiling and YIXING! He smiled at me." 

Yixing laughs at him, grabbing the autograph from LuHan. The latter promptly drops back into the couch, staring at the ceiling.

"My life is complete." He says, raising his arms.

There's that moment of silence before---

"Hey, LuHan?"

"Yes?"

"You wouldn't happen to scribble your number on the picture, did you?"

"Why would I even do that---- OH GOD--"

LuHan jumps from his seat before clutching the photograph in his trembling fingers, seeing the neat rows of numbers at the bottom of Kai's signature.

"Guess you weren't lying when you said he smiled at you." Yixing tells him, laughing. "Go on, that number didn't magically appear just to torture you, did it?"

LuHan could barely speak, mind still fixed on the number gracing the picture-- he hadn't even noticed, too preoccupied with staring at Kai than what he was writing.

Yixing rolls his eyes and grabs LuHan's phone, keying in the numbers. He waits for it to ring.

Once


Twice




Yixing passes the phone to LuHan, who starts panicking.

Thrice---

"--Hello?" Kai's sleepy voice greets him.

LuHan gawks, stupefied with the thought that Kai actually did give him his number. Yixing watches him concernedly, waiting for a few moments before pinching LuHan on the arm, hard.

"Ow!" LuHan says, twisting away from Yixing, who gives him a thumbs up. You're welcome, he mouths, and LuHan glares.

"Hello? Who is this? Are you alright?" Kai's concerned voice comes over the phone. LuHan coughs.

"I'm fine. And er, this is LuHan."

"Oh, LuHan." a tone of recognition graces his voice and LuHan sighs in relief.

"Yes, it's me."

Awkward silence settles over the phone and LuHan looks up to Yixing, alarmed. What do I do, he mouths, eyes wide, and Yixing shrugs, looking as clueless as he was.


He gets lost in thought so he misses the words that Kai utters next.

"---tomorrow?"


"Wait I'm sorry I didn't catch that--" LuHan says, grabbing Yixing's arm and squeezing hard because if this is what he thought it was---

Kai coughs. "So, I'm going to be free and I was wondering if you'll go out with me, even just for coffee, tomorrow?"

LuHan chokes on his saliva. "Sorry," he coughs, "I mean, yes, yes, I'll come!"

He hears Kai sigh in relief. "Great. Then I'll see you tomorrow at cafe corner, at, 2pm?"

LuHan nods, before he realizes that Kai can't see him. "Yes, okay, I'll see you then."

"Alright, bye." LuHan hears Kai hang up, and he disconnects the call.

He and Yixing stare at each other for a while, silence permeating the air. After a few moments, however, LuHan's brain catches up with him. Yixing's eyes widen and he clamps his hands over his ears---

LuHan screams.

 

 

 

 


 

er, yeah. LuHan's character is based on my best friend, OcassionalMuse but greatly exaggerated, ofc. LOL

It made her laugh whle reading so I hope it will make you laugh too.

till next time, please read and comment! <3